Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tre Lamar - Detroit Lions
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Tre Lamar - Detroit Lions

Aug 2, 2019, 8:12 AM

Listed on the Stock Down report...

"Tre Lamar, LB: Lamar’s lack of speed becomes very apparent whenever they run coverage drills as he is usually not only beaten, but beaten very badly."

Hate that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tre Lamar - Detroit Lions

Aug 2, 2019, 8:17 AM

Many great College players never make it at the next level, nothing to be ashamed of or feel badly over. Sometimes it just is not meant to be , look at Ben as he had the same issues. Both fit and were great in Orange on Saturdays but the NFL is just a different animal. WHether a kid makes it in the NFL matters little, what matters is they will always be family at CU.

Aug 2, 2019, 8:20 AM

I always felt that was Boulware's undoing. Pass coverage

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2019, 8:33 AM

Thx for the update. Been wondering why nobody selected Tre as he was awesome most times for us. A superb athlete, so I cannot imagine that an NFL team cannot find a place for him. I hated that he left early too, as he must have listened to the wrong people. If I were him and the NFL does not want him, I would look seriously at the CFL. It's worth a shot IMO.

Aug 2, 2019, 8:35 AM

I think he could have improved his draft stock by staying one more year but I manage construction projects and not a scout. At the time, we had Lamar and Shaq who were two top 10 guys in their position group out of high school. Unfortunately for them it may not work at the next level.

He wouldn’t have improved his stock much

Aug 2, 2019, 8:55 AM

His issue was speed and that’s something that wasn’t going to drastically improve over another season. Lamar would have been an NFL LB in the early 2000’s before they added the coverage ability needed to be successful in the modern game.

Jinx, you owe me a coke...

Aug 2, 2019, 8:58 AM

or something like that.

I don't think so. His main issue is speed...

Aug 2, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Tre Lamar - Detroit Lions ]

so staying another year wasn't likely to help with that. He would have been ideal in yesterday's NFL but because it's a passing league now, the trend is smaller, faster linebackers who can cover (a la safeties) like O'Daniel and Simmons.

figured this was coming... I think he should add some weight

Aug 2, 2019, 10:08 AM

and try DE- worth a shot- just don't see him at NFL LB unless they kept him for situational short yardage- but teams aren't afraid to throw in those situations either anymore

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic