Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Since 1978 I have flaunted the fact that John Heisman was a coach at little Clemson..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,737

Since 1978 I have flaunted the fact that John Heisman was a coach at little Clemson..

May 4, 2019, 10:39 AM

starting with a Buckeye fan at the infamous Woody Hayes game in Gator Bowl, and he couldn’t believe it since he had put Clempson down as having NO history in comparison to his The OHIO St program.

Thus, I’ve shared this fact with other loathing fans over the years so to share great facts of his success during his 4 years at Tigertown as well to enhance our football traditions.

With that said I wish others could know this neat fact which could happen in reality with a prominent statue of Heisman near Death Valley.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since 1978 I have flaunted the fact that John Heisman was a coach at little Clemson..

May 4, 2019, 10:47 AM

Just put bronze busts of the 4 great coaches at Clemson near the Championship trophies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Since 1978 I have flaunted the fact that John Heisman was a coach at little Clemson..

May 4, 2022, 9:53 PM

Riggs, Heisman, Howard, Ford, Swinney

That’s five

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

May 4, 2019, 11:46 AM

I was just reading some Heisman history. Really interesting the innovations he came up with that are now staples of the game, the snap, pulling guards, down and distance and while he didn’t invent the forward pass he was a strong proponent of it, starting 3 years before it was made legal. Heisman’s .833 record at Clemson was better than anywhere else he ever coached, except for his first year at Oberlin in 1892. The interesting thing about that 1st season at Oberlin, Oberlin played Michigan, a game both teams claim as a win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He left us for a better job ...

May 4, 2019, 12:08 PM

... instead of pushing Clemson to great things, he turned Ga Tech into a strong national power.

I enjoy the fact that he was on campus for a few years, but his overall impact on the program was minimal for Clemson.

Heisman's tenure at Clemson reminds me a little bit of Rick Barnes ... what might have happened if he'd just stuck around??

Oh well, we got a modern day Heisman as our coach now.

And as he likes to say, "The Best is Yet to Come!"

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He left us for a better job ...

May 4, 2019, 12:15 PM

The way I feel about Heistman is that the trophy named in his honor, unfortunately, doesn't always go to the best player. It usually goes to someone on a big time team that racks up huge numbers. I'll feel a whole lot better about it when a Clemson player wins. He was obviously a tremendous coach, but the trophy is tarnished, IMHO.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fun fact for your Buckeye buddy: Ohio St has never beaten Clemson.

May 4, 2019, 2:05 PM

All of their losses to us were in big time bowl games. Maybe they should stick to the BIG and play a PAC team in a bowl so they can uphold their winning tradition.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,737
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic