Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Chad Morris
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Chad Morris

Oct 21, 2019, 1:08 PM

Needs to go back to being an OC somewhere. The guy just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach. He had a 37.8 winning percentage at SMU, and now a 21.1 winning % at Arkansas. The coach who has taken over at SMU is now 7-0 and has the mustangs ranked for the first time since the death penalty.

Meanwhile Chad Morris and Arkansas are doing this:

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-arkansas-attempts-probably-the-worst-fake-punt-in-human-history-vs-auburn-01dqjgrcg80b

His head coaching career has been an embarrassment up to this point in time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Chad Morris

Oct 21, 2019, 1:12 PM

Sounds like he leaves the programs in pretty good shape.
We sure could use him.

What could we use him for? We don't have vacancies

Oct 21, 2019, 1:14 PM

nor any weak spots that I see on our coaching staff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Oct 21, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Chad Morris ]

SMU went 5-7 the year after Morris left (after going 7-6 in Morris' final season). Now 7-0 under the stability of the new coach in his 2nd year. I wouldn't credit Morris with that success.

I don't buy the 'rebuilding' excuse at Arkansas either. There's a ton of games that the players on that team were capable of winning with competent coaching.

Morris took a 4-8 team to 2-10 in his first season. It's not looking any better this season--Might actually be worse.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:13 PM

Maybe he could become the OC at Cootville. What a team that would be.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:13 PM

Seriously. He took a program at the bottom and turned it around before he left to go to the hogs which was a complete dumpster fire. In hindsight, he should have stayed at SMU.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2019, 1:18 PM

SMU and Arky were in bad bad shape when he took them over. He got to 7-5 his 3rd season at SMU. You have to give him more than 1.5 seasons at Arky after the Bret B. effect. He may not get them there but I would think year 3-4 is where you will see the progress.

Oct 21, 2019, 1:26 PM

That fake makes 'Bammers in the Natty look great by comparison. Regarding Morris, I think you've got to give him 3-4 years at Hog Heaven. He did improve SMU and might be able to do it at Arkansas. 2 years not enough for anyone, especially when the program has been a dumpster fire. What a turnaround for the Razorbacks in recent times. They used to have one of the most solid programs in the nation in the '60s, '70s and '80s.

He left SMU better than he found it. I think he got

Oct 21, 2019, 1:22 PM

higher level players interested in playing at SMU. But, you're right, he doesn't appear to have the Head Coaching ability to get the most out of those players.

That fake punt did look like a train wreck. But IF the punter had managed to make a good "throw" (or whatever that was) to his intended target, it looks like he had some daylight...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's still waiting for his first power 5 win as a head coach

Oct 21, 2019, 2:02 PM

He will have trouble keeping his job if he keeps that up.

Arkansas is bad. I realize that he stepped into a tough situation, and plays in a tough division, but I haven't seen anything from Arkansas on the field since he's been their coach to suggest excitement for the future. It's not like they have had some bright moments or games where they were more competitive than anticipated.

The only thing that might buy him some time is the apparent enthusiasm over his recruiting. I don't keep up with them, but I have read that he is doing well. I'm just not sure if that will result in better performance on the field. Hopefully for Chad, it will.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Oct 21, 2019, 2:23 PM

I like Chad. That being said, I think I read somewhere that he has zero wins as a head coach against Power 5 schools. Zilch, Zero, Nada. That includes head coach duties at SMU and Arkansas

Message was edited by: baker5801®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic