Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hate it but after reading this quote by Zion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

I hate it but after reading this quote by Zion

Mar 17, 2019, 11:36 PM

Clemson never stood a chance of landing him.

I promise I’m not a BB hater but does he have the answer to landing top recruits to build a program that, at the very least, will cut the nets in an ACC Tournament and more? Say what you will but based on his own words, Zion never intended to come to Clemson.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hate it but after reading this quote by Zion

Mar 17, 2019, 11:37 PM

Attached.

Mar 17, 2019, 11:45 PM

Duke PR department could not have put that better, or maybe they did.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that makes it sound like he's wanted to go to Duke forever

Mar 18, 2019, 12:11 AM [ in reply to Re: I hate it but after reading this quote by Zion ]

Which I don't think is true. Remember Duke was a pretty big shock to everyone last year. It was either Clemson or UNC. Maybe outside chances of Kansas or South Carolina. One guy on the radio swore it was Wofford. But literally nobody was saying Duke.

Now Wofford would have been funny

Mar 18, 2019, 12:19 AM

Re: Now Wofford would have been funny

Mar 18, 2019, 4:30 AM

Good point about comparing how football recruits talking to one another. Put myself in ZW's shoes I would have done exactly what he did. Basketball needs a basketball version of C.J. Spiller and Tajh Boyd to jump start the talent level and build from there. Certainly easier said than done but more play makers are needed to win those close games down the stretch.

Mar 19, 2019, 1:01 AM

Coach K put Duke on the map with inferior talent. The UNLV games made Duke and Coach K. Duke was extremely lacking talent compared to the Rebels.

Mar 19, 2019, 7:22 AM

that team had Hurley, Hill, and Laettner on it. Inferior talent my eye.

He actually did intend to come to Clemson

Mar 17, 2019, 11:53 PM

and then something caused him to suddenly change his mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Yeah the realization that he could either come to Clemson

Mar 18, 2019, 12:02 AM

Twice in 8 years (not 9) unless Zion can read the future.***

Mar 18, 2019, 9:07 AM

+1 Just for the Rocket Surgery Comment Alone!***

Mar 18, 2019, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Yeah the realization that he could either come to Clemson ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson: Academic Excellence! Athletic Excellence!

No, no he was just lying, he never intended to come to

Mar 18, 2019, 12:21 AM [ in reply to He actually did intend to come to Clemson ]

Clemson, he just used us to take the hometown heat off him til he signed with Duke for a shitton of cash and a direct line to NIKE...And while I won't begrudge him going to Duke one iota, I will always have a sore spot for the way he used us because that was complete chicken$hit and it certainly didn't help out the negative perception of our program

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with that

Mar 18, 2019, 12:26 AM

Link to where he ever said he was coming to Clemson?

Mar 18, 2019, 9:05 AM [ in reply to No, no he was just lying, he never intended to come to ]

Or was it the "experts" who said he was coming to Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: No, no he was just lying, he never intended to come to

Mar 18, 2019, 9:14 AM [ in reply to No, no he was just lying, he never intended to come to ]

He also doesn’t have to go to class either. He would have at Clemson. He will probably be on campus for a total of 7 or 8 months at Duke then go start training for the NBA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 12:54 AM

1&done class attendance should be up to the player; strict enforcement counterproductive to the program & academic grandstanding; not sure him being here for 1yr would have led to this great influx of big time recruits for the next decade-(btw imo 1&done rule crippled CBB)

Mar 19, 2019, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: No, no he was just lying, he never intended to come to ]

1&done class attendance should be up to the player; strict enforcement counterproductive to the program & academic grandstanding; not sure him being here for 1yr would have led to this great influx of big time recruits for the next decade-(btw imo 1&done rule crippled CBB)

Mar 19, 2019, 12:54 AM [ in reply to Re: No, no he was just lying, he never intended to come to ]

$$$***

Mar 18, 2019, 3:56 AM [ in reply to He actually did intend to come to Clemson ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 3:13 AM

This says to me that he didn't trust his talent to help out an average team, and that he felt comfortable with a team that has and could have won without him... K.J. McDaniels, Jaron Blossomgame, Trevor Booker and other Tigers I think could have helped a winning team like a dook!!! JMO!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 4:18 AM

You speak well for a child. You had me fooled into thinking you were an adult. Your immature thought pattern was a clue but your sharpie drawing was a give away. Enjoy your naptime and choclate milk.

It would be like a kid growing up in greensboro and being

Mar 18, 2019, 8:56 AM

a duke fan all his life but now has the opportunity to play for Duke's football team or accept a scholarship to play for Clemson. He's probably not playing for coach Cutcliffe.

Re: It would be like a kid growing up in greensboro and being

Mar 18, 2019, 9:19 AM

This, and we just landed Mayes out of Raleigh.

That is what elite programs do: absorb the best talent around the region/country.

Re: It would be like a kid growing up in greensboro and being

Mar 18, 2019, 11:27 AM

That has been the deal ever since I can remember, and "most of the time", it takes a very successful coach to go to a program like our's to build it into being successful. It would take no less than 3 really good recruiting classes to get our basketball program competing with the top 3 in the ACC, IMO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 18, 2019, 12:42 PM

All these comments remind me of exactly why I can't stand the sport of basketball. I have tried to get into it but just can't. I always hope my tigers win but I can't watch it.Period.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2019, 6:48 AM

The one that got away . Lol.

Go Tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 19, 2019, 12:26 PM

Good one

He has also said things

Mar 19, 2019, 12:29 PM

about how much he would’ve loved to stay in state and how much he loved Clemson, so we really were close, but in the end what difference does it make?

It was always Duke. Let's face it.

Mar 19, 2019, 3:12 PM

Zion played it brilliantly. If he had signed with Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Kentucky(one of the usual suspects), he would have been a blurb in the crawl during a game. But by inserting two desperate programs South Carolina and Clemson(let's be honest, we are desperate for that one superstar signing, like CJ Spiller was in football, to make us relevant to the star kids), he made this a publicity scheme for the ages. He got both sets of fans to publicly beg, and even better he scammed ESPN into a prime time TV signing. I would admire the young man if not for his, "Shock the world" comment. That was as shocking as finding a tree in the forest. If he wanted to "shock the world", he would have gone to Wofford.

Mar 19, 2019, 3:15 PM

I dont think we were really recruiting him for Football.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Mar 19, 2019, 3:47 PM

But after he committed to Duke, it was his step father I think who said that at one point Clemson had a "mile and half" lead.

null

HEY ZION

Mar 19, 2019, 6:06 PM

You were SO ripped off!
The judge from Japan only scored you a 7.5 on that
BEAUTIFUL SPLIT when your shoe blew out.
Here’s hoping it happens again real soon.
I gave it a 10.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic