Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Shelton was out of control on that last drive
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Shelton was out of control on that last drive

Mar 2, 2019, 8:13 PM

We had plenty of time left. We forced it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive

Mar 2, 2019, 8:15 PM

He was completely in control, making a move to the basket and was clearly fouled.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2019, 8:16 PM

he tried to drive through 2 or 3 players--that usually doesn't work

Mar 2, 2019, 8:17 PM

That usually draws a foul as it did, it just wasn’t called

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 2, 2019, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive ]

It should have been a foul call, which it normally is.

clearly a

Mar 2, 2019, 8:20 PM

Blocking foul on the dude to his right (not White).

He was fouled by both of them, very obviously!***

Mar 2, 2019, 11:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2019, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive ]

Why did we put any faith in the refs giving us a call?

Mar 2, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive ]

Lmao.

We must have been watching different games. Even if he was isolated with big hair, he still would have had no shot of making a basket. He was about to lose the ball for God’s sake.

Mar 2, 2019, 6:07 PM

Yeah, we must have been. He was about to lose the ball as result of the foul(s), lmao.

Nah he lost control of the dribble right as he tried

Mar 2, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive ]

Re: Nah he lost control of the dribble right as he tried

Mar 2, 2019, 8:26 PM

Exactly.

Re: Nah he lost control of the dribble right as he tried

Mar 2, 2019, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Nah he lost control of the dribble right as he tried ]

He wasn’t even dribbling, he was bring the ball up like he does when he gathers for his layup.

Orherwise why did White have both arms up, bringing them down into him while the other player had a forearm in his back?

He was out of control, should have kicked it out for the

Mar 2, 2019, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Nah he lost control of the dribble right as he tried ]

open three, but ######, he was still fouled by both of those blue shirts!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. Bad last possession like so many times*

Mar 2, 2019, 8:15 PM

Mar 2, 2019, 8:16 PM

No idea why he had the ball at the end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He had the ball

Mar 2, 2019, 8:19 PM

Because he's the point guard and an 80% free throw shooter. On a play where the referee swallowed his whistle.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He had the ball

Mar 2, 2019, 8:44 PM

Out of control, but even if got call, do u think he drains both? Do we then play w poise and close it out in OT? Good effort, but this senior laden team should’ve won Mote than a few of these close losses, especially at home. Underachieving group, no matter how they finish, unfortunately.

Mar 2, 2019, 8:22 PM

He should have stopped at the 3 pt line , threw up the game winner .
Or call TO and set up a game winning 3.

Mar 2, 2019, 8:23 PM

Correct

Mar 2, 2019, 8:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive ]

No you're down 2 points u take the tie and high percentage shot. The ref clearly swallowed the whistle on Clemson. There was way too much contact to not call something there. If this were at Duke I promise u.... Coach K and Duke University would have the refs heads on a platter. If this were football we would be doing the same but that shows u the problem we have as a university. People don't care to do anything for basketball. We turn our cheek to everything unless it's football or baseball.

Mar 2, 2019, 8:29 PM

Nah at home you go for the win vs a top 5 team.
He tried to drive on 4 players and if he made both FTs. UNC would have beat us in OT

Mar 2, 2019, 8:23 PM

I do think they could have called a foul, but Mitchell was a bit out of control and appeared not to have full control of the ball. I think if he still had a firm grip and control of the ball a foul would have been called.

Mar 2, 2019, 8:44 PM

Mitchell always drives the ball like that. How often do you watch our boys play??? He crow steps when he gets near the basket. You do that to break in btw 2 defenders. A collision was created that simple. The ref didn't call a thing for either side. That to me is a hat job by the refs. If this were UNC driving and that happened I promise they get that call. If it happened against Duke coach K would already be sending in film to get them fired. Problem is fans around here have accepted losing. Make excuses left and right instead of looking at what's right in front of you. A call is a call. Refs should be fair regardless home or away. Back when purnell was coaching we got the hat job at Duke one year by the refs adding time to the clock at the end. Those refs were later suspended bc of so much hateful email from Clemson fans. We cared back then. I remember our fans showing up wearing clocks next time Duke came to our house. I was there. If we sit back and say we are ok with things like this then they will continue. I would be happier if the university would send out statements questioning the officiating at the end. Have it be on the news. That puts pressure on refs to let them know u don't come to our house and hose us without consequences

Mar 2, 2019, 8:55 PM

How much do I watch our boys play? Only just about every game in person or TV since 1964, except my time in a war zone. And who says we accept losing? Sure as heck not me! But I am not going to blame losses on refs, although we have been shafted many times. Every team has. There were three refs that could have called that last play a foul ..... none did. I don't think they had time to conspire to screw us.

They don't have to conspire in that instant! It is ingrained

Mar 2, 2019, 11:52 PM

in them...it's UNCheat, they get the benefit of any doubt!!

Re: They don't have to conspire in that instant! It is ingrained

Mar 3, 2019, 12:12 AM

I don't disagree with that sentiment, but still believe that Mitchell was out of control (unnecessarily) and we had better options.

You are one hundred percent correct***

Mar 2, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Shelton was out of control on that last drive ]

He knew exactly what he was doing - he had them on their

Mar 2, 2019, 8:24 PM

heels- he knew they had to clear out or foul him and he’d go to the line and tie it- it’s what 80-85% FT shooters do. It worked - he got fouled by both guys - they are just a bunch of weak #### officials scare to *ing call anything against UN or Duke .... and on our #### home court - weak, scared officials - need to be house cleaned no matter how many years they’ve been doing it

Re: He knew exactly what he was doing - he had them on their

Mar 2, 2019, 8:37 PM

Agree 100% plus one.

More edgy and relevant to call for the coaches head though. Give that a try. Seems to be working for some..........

Re: He knew exactly what he was doing - he had them on their

Mar 2, 2019, 9:14 PM [ in reply to He knew exactly what he was doing - he had them on their ]

I would never trust ACC officials to call a foul in that situation against UNCheat even if White or the other one had grabbed Mitchell around the waist and flung him to the court.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

He didn't get fouled by both guys

Mar 3, 2019, 12:53 AM [ in reply to He knew exactly what he was doing - he had them on their ]

Shelton made the right decision. If UNC had been driving

Mar 2, 2019, 11:47 PM

and we had impeded his progress, it would've been a foul on us.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic