Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Like him or not .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,866

Like him or not .....

Feb 4, 2019, 11:53 AM

But, Tom Brady is a good quarterback and certainly a tough guy. At 42, with the money he has made playing football, he obviously plays for the love of the game. Making the super bowl apparently is what drives him to continue and excel.

It surely can’t be for the money because his wife is worth twice what he is!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He either loves the game, OR.....

Feb 4, 2019, 11:55 AM

Gisele is a real beyotch to stay home with. :)
(Just kidding, don't send your TB12 goon squad after me, Tom.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He either loves the game, OR.....

Feb 4, 2019, 12:10 PM

He has done pretty well for a qb who developed late in his career. I don’t think he started at Michigan until his jr year and wasn’t really that impressive. As I recall, he was passed over in the draft by every team several times before the Patriots got him in the sixth round.

I think his bride was once the girlfriend of Decaprio for many years and I think Brady has a kid from another actress. Some real genes there. Hope the scouts are watching the kids.

Re: He either loves the game, OR..... yeah I think the mom

Feb 4, 2019, 1:22 PM

is the actress who plays Sellick's daughter on Blue Bloods, Brigid Moynihan

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She makes more money than he does. Maybe he's just trying to keep up***

Feb 4, 2019, 12:12 PM [ in reply to He either loves the game, OR..... ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: She makes more money than he does. Maybe he's just trying to keep up***

Feb 4, 2019, 12:19 PM

Probably true. He has a ways to go. I think I read where she is worth about 350 million.

Re: Like him or not .....

Feb 4, 2019, 12:05 PM

Shrug, he is a very good, HOF-level QB on an much, much better than average team.

I just disagree with the GOAT label...as a brady-less team is still an 11-5 team as 2008 proved. Marino, Manning, and my personal is Fran Tarkengton. Adjusted for the era, Fran is the best!

As far as longevity, I think that goes with the quality of a team around him as much as anything. I am curious to see how many hit received and compared that to other QBs as I expect that to determine QB longevity.

Do you think MJ is the GoaT in basketball?

Feb 4, 2019, 12:14 PM

He played on a much, much better than average team when they won their titles.

Bulls won 55 games and made it to game 7 of the conference semis the year Jordan left the team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you think MJ is the GoaT in basketball?

Feb 4, 2019, 1:39 PM

I am one of those that believes Bill Russell or even Wilt is the GOAT... and I am in my 30s so a kid watching MJ. If you are not going for big men, then I tend to lean either LBJ (VOR) or Barkley... for just playing the game. How would MJ do without Pippen & Co? I still like Bird and Magic too.

Championships in team sports are a team accomplishment... and you can only really give a coach any partial "individual" ownership over a title, IMO.

Re: Like him or not .....

Feb 4, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Like him or not ..... ]

That is all true. Brady got hit several times last night. That’s why I made the comment about him staying in the league past forty. It probably want get any easier. Lots of great QBs in the league and ex bulldog Tarkenton is certainly among them. Marino, who almost became a Tiger, is up there too. I go back to the days of Lebaron,Jurgenson and Graham. lol

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,866
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic