Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Tigers smack Oklahoma in Orange Bowl for first CFP win
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Tigers smack Oklahoma in Orange Bowl for first CFP win

Jun 28, 2019, 8:01 AM

Dabo's Top-10 wins: Tigers smack Oklahoma in Orange Bowl for first CFP win

Clemson's win over Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl set the stage for the Tigers' matchup with Alabama for the National Championship in Phoenix. It was a game marked by trash talk early and interceptions late as Clemson defeated the Sooners for a second straight season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This one was special for me

Jun 28, 2019, 8:16 AM

because I was there. The energy in the stadium that day rivaled that of the national championship game in Tampa, which in my personal experience was the most electric game I have ever attended.

Re: TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Tigers smack Oklahoma in Orange Bowl for first CFP win

Jun 28, 2019, 8:48 AM

Best play was Christian Wilkins catch on the fake punt from Andy Teasdall

He almost scored on that play. I remember thinking what soft

Jun 28, 2019, 9:08 AM

hands and nimble feet for such a big guy. We knew #42 would be special. That elevated him into elite status and showed his versatility

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

How about true freshman Christian Wilkins on the fake punt

Jun 28, 2019, 9:05 AM

That could've been called the play of the game as well. Little did we know how much of a superstar he would become. And that would be only the first of several touches for him lol.

And Teasdall getting redemption for his fake punt gaffe in

Jun 28, 2019, 9:16 AM

the ACCCG!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn't believe how much trash talk leading up the game

Jun 28, 2019, 9:18 AM

was coming from the Sooners--a team we had destroyed literally just a year before. So satisfying to end up punching them in the mouths on the field!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Dabo's Top-10 wins: Tigers smack Oklahoma in Orange Bowl for first CFP win

Jun 28, 2019, 9:57 AM

I remember walking out the Orange Bowl that night behind two sooner fans. One guy said to the other, “that was embarrassing”. The other guy said “you talking about our play or the lack of support by our fans?” It was 3/4 Clemson fans vs 1/4 Sooner fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am loving this series. I’ve been watching each game.

Jun 28, 2019, 11:34 AM

Looking forward to this one!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 28, 2019, 1:50 PM

I'd have to say that Boulware's flying knee to the head of Mayfield (after picking him off to seal the win, nonetheless) should be in it's own category of top 10 Clemson plays of all-time.

Jun 29, 2019, 1:40 PM

2nd half of that game was a brutal beatdown. Not for Wimmens and children. I was surprised OU could get beat up like that.

Great win for the Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic