Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Haven’t seen any ND posters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Haven’t seen any ND posters

Dec 11, 2018, 6:53 PM

They must be scared, it’s amazing how little company we have had on here since 2014.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven’t seen any ND posters

Dec 11, 2018, 7:09 PM

Go and take a look at some of the YouTube breakdown videos comments section. Their fans are 100% sure they are gonna destroy us. According to them Book is basically a Super Bowl winning MVP and our defense is the most overrated in the country.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:17 PM

They, ND shouldn't over or under rate our D until after they have play against it. They either forgot, or, they are just to stupid to know that judging us before they have play us can cause them some serious embarrassment!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:21 PM

Man, all I keep reading is how we almost lost to Texas A&M and how Jake Bentley threw all over us. They have all forgotten about their struggles with Ball State, Vandy, Pitt, USC, and Northwestern...

Dec 12, 2018, 1:45 AM

Absolute, and a good point. They don't remember how close they came to losing a few games this season, and they only beat Pitt by 5 points, and we beat Pitt by 30 points. ND brags about beating Syracuse without mentioning they beat Cuse without one of the QB's in the ACC in Eric Dungey for 3 full plus quarters. Nobody, absolutely nobody takes in consideration that we beat Cuse and Eric Dungey playing the entire game against our backup RS freshman QB Chase Brice playing for more than half of the game!!! I believe by ND ignoring the facts of how their season actually played out, they have gained false hope of what it's going to be like playing against Clemson in a playoff game!!! Go Tigers, beat those guys that believe they will find gold by chasing after a rainbow!!! They will find Tiger's with Stripes and sharp Claws, no gold, just Paw's!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven’t seen any ND posters ]

clbyers® said:

Go and take a look at some of the YouTube breakdown videos comments section. Their fans are 100% sure they are gonna destroy us. According to them Book is basically a Super Bowl winning MVP and our defense is the most overrated in the country.

I am not sure any of us expect a blowout. Basically, Clemson is what we are striving to be. A fixture in the playoffs that beats every CFP opponent but Alabama, which is basically a toss up opponent.

Regardless, we are confident in this year's team and expect them to come out ready to put up a fight, whether that be a 4 point win or a 17 point loss. Obviously Clemson has not had a close game since late September and is very capable of winning the National Championship. We are simply looking for any areas that may be to our advantage and may allow us to win on a one game shot.

Our defense will hit. It has not seen an offense with the skill players or balance Clemson possesses. It will be a fun matchups. It's being overlooked that we have first team all Americans on each level of our defense, including likely a unanimous first teamer at cornerback. I am personally looking forward to watching that battle and I'm guessing both sides will get the best of each other on occasion.

Nothing but respect for Clemson and I am also looking forward to the rematch in South Bend in 22 months. Lawrence vs. Book* part II (*or Jurkevic, our redshirt freshmen comparable to Lawrence in skill set, with a less accurate arm)

Reasonable response - well done

Dec 11, 2018, 8:49 PM

You’re undefeated and playing well at the end of the season. I expect ND to be the best team we will have faced by far. We’ll need outstanding preparation like we had in 2016 to beat you. I am confident in our coaches to do just that.

I haven’t had a chance to watch ND much this year, so tell me - what team that you faced this year has a defensive line that most closely matches ours? Who was the best QB you defeated?

Re: Reasonable response - well done

Dec 11, 2018, 9:09 PM

I haven’t had a chance to watch ND much this year, so tell me - what team that you faced this year has a defensive line that most closely matches ours? Who was the best QB you defeated?

As far as opposing defensive lines, Michigan's when healthy was very good and gave us a lot of problems. Winovich was not at full strength against Ohio State and Rashan Gary is a former #1 overall recruit who sat that game out with an injury as well, likely to go first round next spring.

Our strategy against Michigan was to get a few chunk plays to our big receivers, let Wimbush scramble to beat the rush, and let our defense play with a lead. Michigan also had studs at linebacker, but lacked anywhere near the offensive firepower that Clemson has.

Kelly has been good this year at recognizing when we need more for the overall goal (I.e. Swapping Book in for Wimbush because our defense was getting worn early OR starting a younger OL mid season who has better physical tools to compete with the athletes we will see now). I am sure he recognizes that a few jump balls won't be able to do it. He is currently developing a few freshmen receivers with speed to try to stretch the field more and open up the underneath routes or running lanes. He has stated whoever emerges will be a home run or neutral player, not one to catch 6-7 balls. My guess is this is more of a decoy because our starting receivers lack the speed to keep you guys honest.

As far as quarterback, the three quarterbacks that resemble Lawrence are Haskins and the other two semi finalists. Sherman from Vanderbilt is very accurate and gave us some problems. That was a game in which we had a 16-0 lead and the offense hung the D out to dry with Wimbush at QB and Dexter Williams not back yet at RB. The quarterbacks that have run (Wake and Syracuse) did not combine for a full game, but again we really haven't seen a threat like Lawrence.

Where Clemson can make some serious hey is attacking our nickel. We lost Shaun Crawford in fall practice and it has been a steep drop off since. Clemson is very deep at receiver. Also, we play a defensive scheme designed to limit passing. Means we have 4-5 guys stopping run/rushing the passer. It's worked pretty well so far, as our DL has held up without much help, but I'll be interested to see what adjustments we make against a team as balanced as Clemson. Stanford had Bryce Love, who did not finish the game, but only one real WR threat and a few tight ends.

Sorry for the length of this reply, hope it was neutral and helpful!

Dec 11, 2018, 9:19 PM

I have 3 letters for you to remember....

ETN!

He is going to make your defense look like a high school defense.

Go TIGERS!
#ALLIN
#WE2DEEP

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 9:25 PM

I know who he is. It will be interesting to see what adjustments we make to help out there. Obviously if Clemson runs for 200 and passes for 200, Notre Dame will lose.

I must say,

Dec 11, 2018, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven’t seen any ND posters ]

I have enjoyed your posts thus far, thanks for posting. Good luck on the 29th!

Re: I must say,

Dec 11, 2018, 9:43 PM

I have enjoyed your posts thus far, thanks for posting. Good luck on the 29th!

Thanks! Hope the winner takes care of business in Santa Clara regardless of who it is!

Dec 11, 2018, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven’t seen any ND posters ]

is that you ron?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Dec 11, 2018, 7:38 PM

Look at post Clemson - Notre Dame Cotten Bowl by amglenn1. He's a die hard ND fan looking for info.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:49 PM

They are all praying to Mary

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:53 PM

They are all praying to Mary

Prayer never hurts

GiP..

Dec 11, 2018, 7:56 PM

that was a quick reply post, and truthful too!

C U in Dallas on 29th..bring your Bible!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Haven’t seen any ND posters ]

While I agree prayer is useful and I might add a vital thing to do, it is never a substitute for talent and personal effort. See you in Dallas!

Dec 11, 2018, 8:04 PM

While I agree prayer is useful and I might add a vital thing to do, it is never a substitute for talent and personal effort. See you in Dallas!

I also replied above. Looking forward to playoff football, win or lose ????

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic