Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tom Herman is a punk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 3,295

Tom Herman is a punk

Jan 6, 2017, 8:24 PM

Longhorn Network on showing his press conference introducing coaches. Said all his assistant coaches better want to be head coaches. If not they are misguided and don't want to be the best at their craft. Almost quoted exactly

Totally disagree with this. Nothing wrong with wanting to live s good life with less stress making great money just like Coach V. Came off real arrogant when he said it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tom Herman is a punk

Jan 6, 2017, 8:27 PM

Wait until he starts kissing the players , recruits will bail .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you think BV is "less stressed"

Jan 6, 2017, 9:54 PM

The good ones are individually driven no matter if they are the head coach or not.

I too didn't like Herman's remarks. I hadn't spent alot of time thinking about it until hearing BV talk about his contentedness doing what he's doing. Most of the times we assume coaches are cruising toward the head mans seat.

I think a better way for Herman to have expressed what he wants in coaches is a desire to have guys that strive to be the best at what they do.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True...

Jan 6, 2017, 10:03 PM

It's also true that I entered Clemson at 35 yrs old and graduated at 38. I got tired of driving nails and wanted to be in construction management. After a few office jobs I determined that I was happier as driving nails than anything else.

With a degree in Construction Science and Management I was probably the best educated sheetrock hanger and finisher in the world, and one of the happiest too.

My daddy always said if you enjoy your job you won't work a day in your life. I built houses after I retired because carpentry is old man work. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Better to do what you're good at. Way too many assistants

Jan 6, 2017, 10:32 PM

Way too many assistants find there way into head coaching jobs when they don't have the aptitude or the acumen.

There's one down in Columbia right now.

Some guys are meant to be head coaches and some guys are not.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen his wife?!! He gets a pass from me..lol****

Jan 6, 2017, 10:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 3,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic