Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have you ever seen anyone get up the field this fast?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Have you ever seen anyone get up the field this fast?

May 15, 2019, 8:35 AM

https://youtu.be/og0FeJLejdk

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

CJ was awesome but that was our only highlight of the game

May 15, 2019, 8:37 AM

unfortunately.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ONLY thing I hate about Spiller...

May 15, 2019, 8:45 AM

... is the fact that he proved Corey Miller right about him not having a successful NFL career. Maybe the ONLY thing Corey was ever right about....

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Running back is the hardest position to have

May 15, 2019, 8:58 AM

continued success for a long duration ...

I think the days of Walter Payton and Emmitt Smith are over.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ONLY thing I hate about Spiller...

May 15, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to The ONLY thing I hate about Spiller... ]

While Spiller was never the superstar in the NFL, we Clemson fans hoped for, he was stuck on a horrible Bills team the first four years. His contract with them guaranteed him over 20 mil. He had several nagging injuries. He later signed a contract with the Saints which guaranteed him 9 mill. That stint was was was shortened by a meniscus which never healed properly. He played in the league 9 years in a position that averages 3-year careers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ONLY thing I hate about Spiller...

May 15, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to The ONLY thing I hate about Spiller... ]

Chan Galley had a lot to do with that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not entirely his fault

May 29, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to The ONLY thing I hate about Spiller... ]

His injuries didn't help but he was very poorly utilized by Chan Gailey in Buffalo. Had some great plays when he was healthy, made a Pro Bowl, and played for almost a decade so I'd say that constitutes as having a "successful" career

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Have you ever seen anyone get up the field this fast?

May 15, 2019, 8:50 AM

He made an upfield run against the Coots ( freshman year ? ) where he pulled awys so far it reminded me of Secretariat at the '74 Belmont.

" Spiller is moving like a tremendous machine..."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 15, 2019, 10:13 AM

Secretariat. That was some horse !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That IMO was the beginning of the end of the Bowden era

May 15, 2019, 8:53 AM

That run was about the only highlight of that night

How we have come full circle

The beginning of the end for Bowden against Alabama

Hire Dabo

Dabo beats Alabama for our 2nd & 3rd National Championship

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine if he played in this era of Clemson football

May 15, 2019, 8:57 AM

No mercy.

May 15, 2019, 9:00 AM

This one was great . Announcers comment about the DB trying to keep up is hilarious !

https://youtu.be/9CKoexZ9Jk8

DB23

CJ was doomed when going to terrible Buffalo, no Oline, Cold weather, etc.

May 15, 2019, 9:21 AM

Ruined careers or better potential somewhere else happened to couple other Clemson players drafted by Bills, imho.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CJ was doomed when going to terrible Buffalo, no Oline, Cold weather, etc.

May 29, 2019, 11:13 PM

Spiller is probably my favorite Clemson player ever, but it's hard for me to blame his NFL career on the Bills when he was being outproduced there by Fred Jackson for most of his time there. He then bounced around 4 additional teams after that and barely saw the field, including a great offense system with the Saints.

Miami OT Game in Florida

May 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

Forget the year but flew family to Miami for that game. Remember Miami jawing that they weren’t afraid to kick to Spiller. Well after a kickoff return they changed their minds.

Almost comical on their kickoff. Run up to ball, basically the kicker would turn sideways and kick toward sideline. They didn’t care if it went out of bounds as long as CJ didn’t touch the ball.

Our sign that game: “Miami Forecast: No Hurricane but Dangerous Thunder and Lightening!”

Miami OT Game in Florida

May 15, 2019, 9:42 AM

Forget the year but flew family to Miami for that game. Remember Miami jawing that they weren’t afraid to kick to Spiller. Well after a kickoff return they changed their minds.

Almost comical on their kickoff. Run up to ball, basically the kicker would turn sideways and kick toward sideline. They didn’t care if it went out of bounds as long as CJ didn’t touch the ball.

Our sign that game: “Miami Forecast: No Hurricane but Dangerous Thunder and Lightening!”

May 15, 2019, 9:49 AM

I was in college at the time and my roommates and I formed a drinking game with various rules related to what was happening in the game.

Due to the beating that Clemson was receiving we were having a rough night in the first place, but one of the rules was that "in the event of a kick, punt, or turnover returned for a TD everyone must chug their beverage".

Everyone opened a fresh beverage for the second half and then that happened.

One of my best memories of that game is that I don't remember much of the second half.

May 15, 2019, 10:06 AM

Spiller's KO return to start the 2nd Half was the best thing the Tigers did that day.
Didn't Bowden promise Jamie Harper the 1st hand off of the game? I remember J. Harper dropped the ball on the exchange. Fumble.
My wife and I were there with two other couples. All Clemson season ticket holders. We elected to leave about 3 minutes into the 4th Quarter. As we were leaving a few drunken Bama fans began to talk serious trash to one of our friends. They were spewing some serious Venom. The leader of the drunken Bama boys persisted. My wife had enough, and slapped their leader into next week. He dropped his full beer cup on the concrete. His beer splashed all over his pants. We all busted out laughing, including the other Bama boys. Another great experience dealing with sec fans.
Go Tigers!

Those were the good ole days.***

May 15, 2019, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 29, 2019, 10:45 PM

Close enough:

ETN vs. Pitt
https://youtu.be/86TQDMxWWuE

ETN vs. UL
https://youtu.be/smqqPqE2Atw

He was fun to watch.***

May 29, 2019, 11:17 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1