Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Has anyone thought past next week on this tOSU situation?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,206

Has anyone thought past next week on this tOSU situation?

Aug 2, 2018, 10:03 AM

Since certain infractions are now tried, convicted, and sentenced by the mob of virtue signalers, any man in a public position (any, not just coaching) has to give up privacy. Since the organization he works for will be held responsible for things that might be going on in his house, they will have to know what's going on in his house.

And, all the wives/gf's of these men now have carte blanche to destroy them with a word.

You know, because facts and context and law can get messy and take time, and we demand scalps to show how much we care.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you please post more?***

Aug 2, 2018, 10:10 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Live your life with character and let people see you are a

Aug 2, 2018, 10:12 AM

person of high character, then you will get the innocent until proven guilty treatment. While the "convict them now" mentality has increased in society, there are also plenty of examples where people were wrongly accused to make people pause when faced with accusations against someone of previously perceived high character. Urban was not considered to be a high character person after his time at Florida, so he has already burned most of society's patience or benefit of the doubt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Has anyone thought past next week on this tOSU situation?

Aug 2, 2018, 10:13 AM

Urban lied and it embarrassed the University.

I understand your point but..

Aug 2, 2018, 10:14 AM

I believe Urban isn't under scrutiny particularly for how he handled the abuse allegations.
After all, there were no actual charges against Zach Smith and Smith did end up being let go from OSU in the end.

What Urban is guilty of is covering up the knowledge he did have, and coupled along with the hyperbole of his absolutist stance against lying, that is the real offense.

All Meyer had to do when asked about his knowledge is say "We are aware of the situation and have an ongoing internal investigation. No further comment." Or a simple "I won't comment on that rigth now."

So while I get your concern, the premise that an accusation will lead to dismissal is a bit flawed.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

And Urban's been a head guy for a long time, now. He should

Aug 2, 2018, 10:29 AM

know how to handle this kind of thing so it doesn't blow up in his face and in turn embarrass tOSU. Really surprised he let things get this far off the rails.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,206
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic