Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know most of us don’t like Todd Mcshay but he had really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I know most of us don’t like Todd Mcshay but he had really

Jan 16, 2019, 8:21 AM

Good things to say about Trevor Lawrence. https://youtu.be/893s_dQapBo
“I thought he could be and was working towards that (on being asked if Trevor Lawrence could be the #1 draft pick) but then I watched the game the other night”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know most of us don’t like Todd Mcshay but he had really

Jan 16, 2019, 8:30 AM

who doesn't have good things to say about Trevor? you are ignorant if you dont think hes the best qb as a freshman

I like how the narrative about Bama's defense changed

Jan 16, 2019, 8:32 AM

after Clemson beat datass. Before the championship game Bama was the greatest team in the history of college football, now it's "well that wasn't a typical Nick Saban Alabama defense."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I like how the narrative about Bama's defense changed

Jan 16, 2019, 8:36 AM

exactly, and if they had beaten us by the same score they would have been hailed "All Everything Since the Beginning of Time ."

Jan 16, 2019, 8:37 AM [ in reply to I like how the narrative about Bama's defense changed ]

Yep , now they had a much weaker defenses than the Bama defenses of old .
Utter BS .
Just can't take being whooped like a curr dog and give the credit to who did it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

DW4 carved up their defense 2 years in a row

Jan 16, 2019, 8:49 AM

in the national championship game. The only time they ever got the better of us was when they stacked the box daring KB to throw it. Maybe one day the sports media will realize our offense is just really, really good (historically good) and actually give them credit for beating a great defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

dw4 blistered their

Jan 16, 2019, 10:00 AM

a$$. remember the narrative?? bama’s defense was best in past 20 yrs - and they could have been. tiger offense and dw4 was just better

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Hard to blame then. Bama did look really good against the weak SEC***

Jan 16, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to I like how the narrative about Bama's defense changed ]

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 16, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to I like how the narrative about Bama's defense changed ]

Isn't it also funny though how even though there was CONSTANT talk about Bama maybe being, probably being, FOR SURE being the best team in the history of college football for the last 3 months alllllll the way up until 1/7/2019...

And yet now, even after our EXTREMELY rare 15 win perfect season which is nearly impossible to do in this day and age with the level of parity in college football, AND after that humiliating bisch-slapping beatdown...

They STILL won't touch the idea of this year's Clemson team potentially being the best college football team of all time with a 10 foot pole. The closest they will come to it at all is to simply report on Ferrell or Dabo or any of our other players comments regarding their opinion on that possibility when they were asked by reporters after the game.

In fact, once a few months have passed and the afterglow has fully faded, I can almost bet you they will be talking about Bama was actually a better team than we were and that an extremely lucky series of events for us and extremely unlucky series of events for them turned the game so drastically in our favor and blah blah blah and so on...

100% agree

Jan 16, 2019, 11:02 AM

by the time the season starts they will have us no. 2 and Bama no. 1 and all the talking heads will be saying we have "an easy path to the playoffs in the week ACC".

Did not the two teams that played in the SEC title game just get smacked by two other conference's schools?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Advanced metrics had the Bama defense rated much lower than

Jan 16, 2019, 9:56 AM [ in reply to I like how the narrative about Bama's defense changed ]

normal all year long, but many didn't want to believe it. They've had the #1 defense most years under Saban and when they haven't it's still typically been top 5. They were outside of the top 10 in defensive S&P+ for much of the year and didn't climb back into the top 10 until they dismantled a couple of teams (LSU and MSU) that couldn't complete a forward pass.

I think everyone just assumed that they would be fine when it mattered, but that didn't really happen. They finished 13th in defensive S&P+ and there were stretches in all 3 of their big games against UGA, OU, and Clemson where they just couldn't get stops.

Now I'm not saying they didn't have a GOOD defense, but it certainly wasn't the same caliber as the 2011 Bama defense or the 2016 defense that Watson had to go up against.

I think the point is that our offense shredded their

Jan 16, 2019, 12:06 PM

defense in 2015, 2016 and again in 2018. At some point we should probably get some credit for that...

Who hasn't given us credit?***

Jan 16, 2019, 12:09 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In 2 years he'll have him at the 4th best QB..***

Jan 16, 2019, 8:33 AM

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Jan 16, 2019, 8:37 AM

Why would't we like Todd Mcshay?

Who?

Jan 16, 2019, 8:45 AM

I don't track TM but I'll just say that anyone who didn't know what Trevor was made of before this game just isn't watching college football. I mean, if he had to see that game to know he isn't a college football fan.

Who are we talking about, again?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are a lot of ways to judge the best QB. The 11 on 11

Jan 16, 2019, 8:52 AM

Is the best. Justin Fields was voted tne MVP at the 11 on 11.

The talk in Georgia (Sour grapes?)

Jan 16, 2019, 9:21 AM

is that Justin Field's parents would not give interviews to recruiting sites unless they put their son at #1. My Georgia cousins are down on their dawgs. Loosing kids to the NFL, Fields transferring. It's been fun to hear them moan and cry. A very unhappy fan base right now. And for the most part, all the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 8:53 AM

I couldn't care less what TM thinks or says. All I know is that I'm thankful UGA got the #1 QB recruit in Fields, and "little ol' CLEMSON" had to settle for TL16. Karma comes in many forms.

I don’t dislike him because it’s his job to give his

Jan 16, 2019, 8:59 AM

honest opinions about players’ NFL prospects and if I don’t agree, so be it, but he just seems to have no personality and I’d want someone more vibrant and upbeat in that position.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 10:48 AM

We hear all year from these same folks (or ones just like them) that this Bama team is the best ever, so I concluded that they were including the defense. Now that they were curb stomped in the championship game, all of a sudden they were not a good defense and Lawrence would not put up those numbers against SEC defenses.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic