Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Easy solution to shut up Bama and SEC fans/coaches about strength of schedule...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,032

Easy solution to shut up Bama and SEC fans/coaches about strength of schedule...

Feb 10, 2019, 11:04 AM

Have Dabo or Assistant AD publicly announce the following....
“We are Clemson. We are willing to schedule any SEC team to a home and home that is man enough to put us on their schedule. We have done this the past decade. This includes Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, and yes even South Carolina. Ole missed cancelled on us and South Carolina wishes they could if it weren’t for that pesky state law. LSU is coming as long as they don’t pull an Ole Miss. So come on Bama, put us down for a home and home. “

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Easy solution to shut up Bama and SEC fans/coaches about strength of schedule...

Feb 10, 2019, 11:07 AM

I agree with everything but the State Law. It was discussed in the House chambers but never voted on

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

we are both correct, they did pass a law in the 50’s

Feb 10, 2019, 11:29 AM

But now that think about it, it was only for that year. So you are more correct than I.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Easy solution to shut up Bama and SEC fans/coaches about strength of schedule...

Feb 10, 2019, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Easy solution to shut up Bama and SEC fans/coaches about strength of schedule... ]

Quote from Wiki...… Upon request of both schools' presidents, the S.C. General Assembly passed a resolution on February 27, 1952, ordering the game to be played.
This was also the beginning of the ACC, as playing the game that year resulted in the downfall of the Southern Conference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 10, 2019, 11:09 AM

The announcement wouldn't be necessary. We've already made it clear that we'll schedule any of them. There are very few teams that have an OOC schedule that rivals ours. The only opinion that matters is that of the CFP committee, and we've gotten in easily despite the supposed weakness of the ACC.

Feb 10, 2019, 11:17 AM

On the other hand, we don't have give a ship what they think and just do things however we want with no concern for them or their fans.

Feb 10, 2019, 11:27 AM

I've already found the easiest solution: "44-16" works really well!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2019, 9:42 PM

My 15-0 shirt arrived this weekend. It says everything I need to say to the SEC.

I'd be happy with our continued domination on the field.***

Feb 10, 2019, 11:43 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Or we could say nothing and let them continue to look

Feb 10, 2019, 11:43 AM

foolish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Had a bama co-worker mention our schedule...

Feb 10, 2019, 11:44 AM

I told him to be careful, next time we might not try to run out the clock.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would make Dabo look like a loud mouth, overbearing...

Feb 10, 2019, 12:01 PM

aszhole who is doing an end run around the people who control our future schedule. Right now the only people who buy into the 'SEC is all that and a lump of ice cream,' rhetoric is the SEC.

From a football program's perspective scheduling is about putting people in the stadium not about promoting TV networks or rhetoric. Dabo's perspective is about serving his players, coaches, Clemson and Clemson fans with the best he can give.

In case no one has noticed, over the last couple to five years Dabo has shoved ESPiN's SEC rhetoric up their butts with a red hot poker, a fence post and a thermonuclear missile. Ask Stephen A.

When they say something which offends our program Dabo makes sure they remember it in the worst light. Our skin should be as tough as Dabo's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make good points but Dabo has said this in the past in more polite terms

Feb 10, 2019, 4:16 PM

About scheduling tough teams.

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,032
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic