Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Had Clemson made the NCAA Tounament...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Had Clemson made the NCAA Tounament...

Apr 5, 2019, 10:27 AM

I think we would have had a real chance of making the Final Four.

That’s what makes this whole situation so frustrating for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Had Clemson made the NCAA Tounament...

Apr 5, 2019, 10:31 AM

You're smoking some good stuff right now, stay happy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 10:42 AM

Wrong bored.

Wait.....

Is this really a basketball post?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 10:51 AM

You could certainly tell they "didn't want to be there" in the NIT, but you're right, if they had gotten to the big dance there would've been no stopping them for sure! We matched up favorably with everyone in NCAA field.

Apr 5, 2019, 10:54 AM

I was at the Wichita game. What are yo talking about?

Our kids were ice cold that game but hustled like heck and clawed for everything. There was no "Georgia" attitude at that game.

We didn’t match up well with them.

Apr 5, 2019, 10:56 AM

CUag was exactly right though, we had favorable matchups with everyone in the NCAA Tournament.

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Apr 5, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Had Clemson made the NCAA Tounament... ]

Yeah, I don't attend or watch any of the games, but I do like to come up with answers after the games are over. Sometimes my answers seem reasonable, sometimes not so much. Sorry if I missed the mark on this one. :)

Apr 5, 2019, 1:03 PM

Your apology is noted, but only a player can accept it.
What I saw appeared at times to be lack of effort. But as the game continued, I saw that was a totally inept projection I had made. I'm glad I never made such an insulting, inaccurate statement in public.

In reality, it was fatigue. The guys were playing one man down with a short bench against a very scrappy team. I think Reed only left the game for a few seconds. Even so, by all the measuring sticks of hustle (offensive rebounds, steals, forced turnovers) our guys were scrappier than Greg Marshall's team. That's an incredible statement. That's what Marshall and his Shockers are known for. If we hadn't been so fatigued, more of our shots would have dropped and we would have gotten the victory that our effort deserved. You can't win shooting 28%.

That's one of the things that truly p***es me off about the steady stream of Brownell-bashing you guys do: those young men always give maximum physical effort (can't always say that Eli's brain does). You guys take it for granted that you're entitled to a certain outcome with no regard for who is accomplishing it, or how they're doing it, or what they had to overcome to get it done.

I realize that wanting to do better is part of just being a fan. Well, the other part of being a fan is supporting the guys you've got. Some of you suck at it.

Apr 5, 2019, 1:22 PM

In what way did we look like we didn't want to be there?

Apr 5, 2019, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Had Clemson made the NCAA Tounament... ]

Specifically

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In what way did we look like we didn't want to be there?

Apr 5, 2019, 2:47 PM

Am I really the only one who noticed half the starters were playing in flip flops, the bench guys were playing Fortnite throughout the first half, and Brownell had on swim shorts instead of his normal business suit?

Apr 5, 2019, 4:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 5, 2019, 4:54 PM

lol my original post was simply a reference to the old SEC "we lost because we didn't want to be there" excuse, but since people thought I was serious about it I'm not backing down now! I honestly think the team put forth solid effort all year, just kept coming up short for various reasons a little too often.

If Clemson wouldn't distract their players with classes

Apr 5, 2019, 11:40 AM

and do like UNC, they would have definitely made it to the Fin__ ... oh wait, nevermind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By final four, do you mean the last 4 in to the tournament?***

Apr 5, 2019, 11:52 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find it udder lee insane that I am the only juan

Apr 5, 2019, 12:31 PM

that gave this non cents a TD.

SMDH Tnet

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Doubtful.

Apr 5, 2019, 12:35 PM

You’re an alum. Typically it’s the non-alums that give out the TDS.

Non alums are always biggest and loudest

Apr 5, 2019, 12:53 PM

donors.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

And most sensitive.***

Apr 5, 2019, 12:54 PM

Apr 5, 2019, 1:04 PM

I put clemson in my bracket anyway, that is how close they were.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2019, 1:49 PM

That is close - TBalm .... I would say ..,, like - super close!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 5, 2019, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Had Clemson made the NCAA Tounament... ]

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Apr 5, 2019, 1:51 PM

Oh - yes - Francis!! Without a doubt - - final four - probably more like final two - or even more likely - final one!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 5, 2019, 4:23 PM

Hahaha ?? I concur!!

True, but with scrub teams like awbarn making

Apr 5, 2019, 4:30 PM

The final four, I don't think it would have meant that much this year. You can see why CBB called the NIT prestigious.

Apr 5, 2019, 5:27 PM

we beat Auburn last year in post season play, which tells me we would have beaten them this year too. It should have been us.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What an insightful post TBalm ......

Apr 6, 2019, 7:30 PM

.... as always .... insightful!! -:)

It's highly possible FM ...

Apr 8, 2019, 8:18 PM

And you just can't fault our young men for not being motivated to beat a non-Power 5 program … just bad luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Next time, you might want to leave the thinking

Apr 8, 2019, 8:52 PM

to those that do.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic