Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Mel Kiper says Trevor Lawrence clear-cut No. 1 NFL pick, 'super elite'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

TNET: Mel Kiper says Trevor Lawrence clear-cut No. 1 NFL pick, 'super elite'

Jan 18, 2019, 11:19 AM

Mel Kiper says Trevor Lawrence clear-cut No. 1 NFL pick, 'super elite'

Trevor Lawrence's biggest fan could be ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. Kiper went on the record recently with the draft stock of the Clemson freshman quarterba Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Mel Kiper says Trevor Lawrence clear-cut No. 1 NFL pick, 'super elite'

Jan 18, 2019, 12:44 PM

This is not hyperbole. This is truth. Here's to hoping Trevor is the best to ever spin it!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most on this board knew this months ago

Jan 18, 2019, 12:53 PM

when the main stream sports media was ballyhooing about benching KB.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Most on this board knew this months ago

Jan 18, 2019, 1:44 PM

I knew this after the spring game. High school film put me on notice, the spring game sealed the deal.

Re: Most on this board knew this months ago

Jan 18, 2019, 6:59 PM

I saw with most did that went to look, TL was a very special talent while he was a HS QB, and that he had the IT factor!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

my mailman knows more than this guy.***

Jan 18, 2019, 1:25 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HA! "Who in the h&ll is Mel Kiper?" Most classic video of

Jan 19, 2019, 12:35 PM

any NFL Draft ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: HA! "Who in the h&ll is Mel Kiper?" Most classic video of

Jan 20, 2019, 4:39 AM

Lol

Re: TNET: Mel Kiper says Trevor Lawrence clear-cut No. 1 NFL pick, 'super elite'

Jan 18, 2019, 2:13 PM

I have to admit it was hard to understand, based on CW42 and the leadership and talent on this team, why such a vocal group of T-Netters supported KB2 to start no matter what this year. Even at the cost of the national championship that TL16 facilitated.

It was surprising to see typically savvy football fans debate whether Bama ripped Clemson last year due to QB or the O-Line play. The same O-Line did just fine this year, the O coordinators had supreme confidence in QB play on all downs, and IMHO Clemson wins last year’s Championship in a much closer game with TL at QB.

All that said this year’s win was as sweet as it gets! Thanks and go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 7:04 PM

I was really high on TL while he was still in HS, and after the spring game, I was screaming he should be the starter in fall camp, and I was TD-ed to death!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 20, 2019, 10:02 AM

You aren’t the only one. I kept questioning the blame on the o line and receivers and got lit up. I especially debated the Deon Cain bit by mentioning how he was very productive his first two years but all of a sudden wasn’t last year. I had people tell me there was no correlation between his off year and the QB getting him the ball.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:13 PM

I have to admit it was hard to understand, based on CW42 and the leadership and talent on this team, why such a vocal group of T-Netters supported KB2 to start no matter what this year. Even at the cost of the national championship that TL16 facilitated.

It was surprising to see typically savvy football fans debate whether Bama ripped Clemson last year due to QB or the O-Line play. The same O-Line did just fine this year, the O coordinators had supreme confidence in QB play on all downs, and IMHO Clemson wins last year’s Championship in a much closer game with TL at QB.

All that said this year’s win was as sweet as it gets! Thanks and go Tigers!

Pretty simple really socman2 and “think-a-likes”

Jan 18, 2019, 2:42 PM

Everyone knew, including main stream media who really don’t matter, that our QB play was less than stellar at a time when it Must be at its best during that 2017 championship game. So no one is disagreeing with you that TLAW wasn’t shear excitement ready to happen. Here is what you missed.........
Some people think as Fans Only, some think as Fans who were once teammates or coaches themselves. And of course there are others but here’s the point:

TRUST coaches who have proven themselves
NEVER divide the locker room
NEVER blame a teammate for a loss
PREPARE/PRACTICE before your test or risk loss of confidence

If things had gone your way you may have ruined TLAW, CB, and KB2 not to mention lost trust and internally damaged several player-coach relationships before the season even started. So don’t throw your shoulder out by undeservingly trying to pat yourself in the back with this I told you so attitude.

+1 and I understand your perspective

Jan 18, 2019, 8:28 PM

Seems like you are speaking from a place of confidence close to the program, and I appreciate your reply. No doubt Coach Swinney, and every player on the team knew TL16 was the most talented QB on the field the 1st week he showed up to camp.

My posts from Day 1 said CW42 and seniors would have to endorse the TL16 start to Dabo, and their buy-in was more important than the coaches. The only question was timing, including the timing for TL16 to earn the team's trust, and you are 100% right that Swinney and CW42 timed TL's start right. And no worries, my shoulder and ego are in check.

Re: Pretty simple really socman2 and “think-a-likes”

Jan 19, 2019, 1:21 AM [ in reply to Pretty simple really socman2 and “think-a-likes” ]

Absolutely, we were fresh out of 3 years of DW4's productivity and go into a full season of KB playing against a lot less talent than what we were, and it looked as we were going to be fine with KB2 until we hit a wall against Bama, with us needing to score through the air, and it just wasn't going to happen with a QB that was a runner 1st, 2nd, and a passer 3d. If Dabo hadn't promoted TL to starter, we wouldn't have never been the first 15-0 team that will leave out mark in history forever, and we wouldn't be 2X's national champions in a 3 year span in college FB, just saying!!!

something we can all agree on***

Jan 18, 2019, 2:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2019, 2:36 PM

Duh

What a jacka$$.

Jan 18, 2019, 8:30 PM

I'm not saying he is wrong on Lawrence, but this goof ball doesn't know jack crap about what NFL team are looking for. Look at his record of predicted draft picks vs. actual drafts. He and Todd McGay don't know chit.

Re: What a jacka$$.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:06 PM

TL will be the number 1 pick whether a team has to trade up or a team needs a QB. If the team with the first pick is happy with their situation at QB, they will trade the pick for a bunch of draft picks. TL s a lock to be the first pick.

Re: What a jacka$$.

Jan 19, 2019, 1:33 AM

I'ma a Clemson fan through and through, and I am proud of our starting QB and what he has done with our Tigers. And I can't imagine any team with the 1st pick passing over TL, to me that would be like shooting your best receivers in both feet!!!

Is there anyone out there that has a good record of

Jan 19, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to What a jacka$$. ]

predicting draft picks? It’s pretty much a crapshoot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there anyone out there that has a good record of

Jan 19, 2019, 9:14 AM

True, but not when it comes to the no 1 pick when TL enters the draft.

Yea, maybe the same with Bosa this year.***

Jan 19, 2019, 11:08 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's 6 or 7 months late.

Jan 20, 2019, 8:40 AM

It's obvious he didn't watch our spring game or any of our regular season games.

I don't know what's up with the 'experts.' They talk enough to make it perfectly clear they don't know what they are talking about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasn't he the cook on Alice?***

Jan 20, 2019, 9:55 AM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic