Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way

Mar 29, 2019, 7:50 AM

Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way

You might not know the name Patrick Phibbs or what he does. Heck, you might not even know that he is in many respects one of the most valuable players on the Clemson football team. And that’s ok by Phipps, who thrives under pressure and in his own anonymity. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way

Mar 29, 2019, 8:10 AM

:)

Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way

Mar 29, 2019, 8:59 AM

Just wear those rings with pride bc showing them off can last a life time, and less than 10 years down the road not many people will remember the names of anybody that played of those two NC teams, and when they are looking up those names, they will see your name there also... Just be proud that you're a life time Clemson Tiger, and nobody can take that away!!! Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 9:00 AM

Great story. I know his father, Bruce. His daddy is an Illinois/Pittsburg guy who is all about CLEMSON football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 9:14 AM

So he was the long snapper until Will Swinney hit the scene. Interesting. I love Dabo, but dang. Who had the game experience?

Mar 29, 2019, 9:18 AM

Will Swinney is a holder, not a snapper

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 9:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Mar 29, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way ]

and Will is a darn good one too. has handled a few that could easily gotten away. this is another greatly underappreciated job. lot of pressure on all these special team guys and people only want to know their names when there is a mess up.

Go Tigers

Mar 29, 2019, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way ]

someone doesn't understand football

Mar 29, 2019, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way ]

Come on man not even close.

Mar 29, 2019, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way ]

Nearly spit my drink out reading that...lol. bless your heart!

Only noticed for bad snaps. Go Phibbs!***

Mar 29, 2019, 9:43 AM

Mar 29, 2019, 10:17 AM

Great article and ashamed to say that I didn't know his name. Yay Phibbs!

Mar 29, 2019, 10:53 AM

Love reading stories about kids like this ... modest, behind the scenes, just doing what they are called upon to do! And, as it turns out, they are important part of the team.

Keep up the great work, Patrick!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Mar 29, 2019, 10:58 AM

Awesome attitude! Loves Clemson and doesn’t need or want the glory!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Long snapper story---

Mar 29, 2019, 11:00 AM

We had a guy in Charlotte in late '80s who played baseball/football and was outstanding at both with multiple offers in each. He played center & choose Notre Dame and became a starter at long snapper for 5 years while earning a degree & MBA. He also was their top weight lifter every year. He got some NFL tryouts, but went to work in Orlando for the guy who owned the Predators in the Arena League. The guy actually worked in the office during the week & played FB on the weekends for a little while. He's now a VP at a big mortgage/investment firm; so he put his 'anonomity' to work on field & office.

http://www.arenafan.com/players/Lance_Johnson-837/

Mar 29, 2019, 12:32 PM

I recognized Phibbs by number, not name, I must admit. LS is an absolutely essential position! BTW, I believe a guy named Tom Clemson came from Pennsylvania.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew your name even before this article.

Mar 29, 2019, 1:28 PM

I happen to sit relatively close to his parents. They were wearing Clemson jerseys with his last name on the back and were very excited about Clemson football. When I saw his last name on their shirt, I looked him up on the roster. I was also happy to see another Tiger from Western Pennsylvania when I saw he was from Pittsburgh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Ole #58 . . .

Mar 29, 2019, 1:54 PM

Nice to meet you Patrick . . . Thx “tnet news” for sharing about yet another calm and poised young Tiger!!!

Always good to put a face (and name) with a number!!!

Shame on me for not knowing!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 29, 2019, 2:35 PM

A snapper for place kicks?

Mar 29, 2019, 2:55 PM

Pfrey said:

A snapper for place kicks?

The ball has to get to the holder.....

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Mar 29, 2019, 4:02 PM

Unless it is already on the tee. I had to look it up in the dictionary - a placekick in football is a ball kicked while on the ground either held in place or on a tee.

So.....both of you are correct, ok?

Mar 29, 2019, 7:21 PM

Outstanding story of team players, every job IS important. The kicking game is a 3 man team within the TEAM. I won't be surprised if this young man earns a job in the NFL. Good Long snappers are valuable in the NFL. Great job ?? young man . I won't forget your name.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Know the name Patrick Phibbs? If you don't that's OK, because Phibbs likes it that way***

Mar 29, 2019, 8:04 PM

Guys from PA and NJ, etc. used to be all over our roster ...

Mar 30, 2019, 4:48 PM

Frank Howard had great connections up there.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 31, 2019, 10:03 PM

True. We have an x snapper from our town that was on the 2016 Natty team that is now in medical school. It is an unsung position but important. It’s all what you do with your successes after college. Names are forgotten quickly. It is what you do after you leave college that counts for a lifetime.

Apr 1, 2019, 11:47 AM

Awesome story on someone who is so special to our football team and our success.
#ALLIN #ClemsonFamily

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic