Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Greetings from N. Georgia today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,615

Greetings from N. Georgia today

Aug 17, 2019, 9:52 PM

... a land bedecked with confederate flags and Bulldog emblems.

Several things of note while I drove through on the way to Chattanooga:

1) Radio talk - one caller on national talk (to Marty Smith) was all Dog kool-aid, and I quote fairly accurately:
"...we got Thunder and Lightning Swift and Zamir White, best backfield in the country... we got the best quarterback in the country, Fromme, and all of this behind a big huge road paver line... and an outstanding defense..."

2) Stores: Sports section paraphernalia in order of abundance: Georgia,Tennessee, Florida, Alabama. Nothing else. (Are many of them - devoid of success - Bama sycophants just like Coots are?)

3) Had Clemson hat on everywhere I walked including Cracker Barrel and was received with looks like the villains gave Clint E. when he rode into a town or walked into a bar

4) Sobering history, plenty of cemeteries with buried Confederates, many unknown. Sherman sure wreaked havoc and they still haven't recovered. They tried hard to string him out and slow him down, starting at Lookout, then Resaca, but couldn't, all the way to Savannah. I've never seen so many confederate flags proudly displayed in front yards, porches, stores.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greetings from N. Georgia today

Aug 17, 2019, 10:15 PM

Where bouts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 10:20 PM

Where were you born and raised Silva ? Some of those things you mentioned are in many Southern states, except the football references.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 10:24 PM

It might not have been the hat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ That rat there was a good one GOP!

Aug 17, 2019, 11:02 PM

It might not have been the PAW cap that scared those peoples!

LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,615
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic