Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anxiety f'in sucks!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 700

Anxiety f'in sucks!!

Oct 22, 2019, 9:58 AM

I can't put my finger on when something changed and I started having it to the point that it started affecting my day-to-day.

I was always wound a little tight even as a kid, but lately it is really rough.

It sucks to wake up worrying about something and you can't even explain what you're worrying about...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU WORK HALF A YEAR FROM HOME!

Oct 22, 2019, 9:58 AM

DRINK SOME WHISKEY AND TAMP THAT #### DOWN.

Seriously though, it does suck. Go to the doc and get some xannys

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I have been tempted

Oct 22, 2019, 10:00 AM

but I don't want to go down that road. Been there done that.

The road of getting better?

Oct 22, 2019, 10:00 AM

yeah, bad road.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha! Didn't see the bottom line of your post

Oct 22, 2019, 10:02 AM

I was talking about the whiskey...haha

Doing the doc thing too.

Medicating yourself until you feel better

Oct 22, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to The road of getting better? ]

Yeah, great idea and causes zero side effects.

My mom took that stuff for a few years and some anti-depressants. Before you know it, she is in a hotel in a strange city slitting her wrists and nearly bleeding out after sleeping for 2 days straight covered in blood.

Yay pharmaceuticals!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have been tempted

Oct 22, 2019, 10:05 AM [ in reply to I have been tempted ]

Absolutely do not get Xanax. Dont start that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not. My mom took it for a while

Oct 22, 2019, 10:07 AM

and it made her feel like shiat. Trying to stay away from meds if possible. I just got put on a BP medication that supposedly also helps with anxiety.

Every person in my immediate family is medicated for

Oct 22, 2019, 10:49 AM

either depression, anxiety, or ADHD. I do not want me, my wife, or kids to start that medication crap.

Mom is on something, Dad is on something, Brothers are both on something(s).

Imma try and avoid pharmaceuticals when possible.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

been putting off ADHD meds for LilGUAR#2

Oct 22, 2019, 11:01 AM

lil dude's off the charts ADHD, but apparently doing great in school....which was where we'd draw the line and look into meds, but not needed so far

His teacher is passing him so he doesn't have to deal

Oct 22, 2019, 11:02 AM

with him next year.

Trust me on this.

I'd believe it if he was simply 'passing'

Oct 22, 2019, 11:09 AM

he's killin' it tho

granted, he needs to be reminded to put shoes on to leave the house in winter, and I've seen him stop and watch something else in the middle of a soccer game WHILE DRIBBLING THE BALL....but dood ##### at math, nomsayin?

You know my story (I think). Same situation, we tried meds

Oct 22, 2019, 11:27 AM [ in reply to been putting off ADHD meds for LilGUAR#2 ]

and it SUCKED. I felt bad for him. Dropped that ASAP. We just deal with some hyperactivity now. Nice days we just send him out in the yard to play football with the dogs or something.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that Makes a lot of sense actually....the next time

Oct 22, 2019, 11:59 AM

The crips roll by your driveway with a street sweeper, you don’t want anything dulling his reaction time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought that was just being an adult***

Oct 22, 2019, 9:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i know right?

Oct 22, 2019, 10:14 AM

now I'm worried about being worried

loved the movie

Oct 22, 2019, 10:02 AM

sorry about your situation, maybe CBDs will help

https://youtu.be/lCE2JiPVkas

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

hmmm...CBD's...

Oct 22, 2019, 10:15 AM

been thinking about givin dem a whirl

Really needs to have a little THC to be most effective FYI

Oct 22, 2019, 10:24 AM

Not sure that you could find that in the Upstate though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can buy full spectrum CBD products in Rock Hill

Oct 22, 2019, 10:31 AM

so I'm not sure why you couldn't in the upstate. Most research says that full spectrum CBD works far better than CBD Isolate. It seems you do need that tiny amount of THC to make it effective.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And a lot of THC to make it fun***

Oct 22, 2019, 10:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Greenr is very interested in starting this but also, 50% of

Oct 22, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to You can buy full spectrum CBD products in Rock Hill ]

Greenr thinks it is all a bunch of bullshit.

which half?***

Oct 22, 2019, 10:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Morning time is the best time to get high

Oct 22, 2019, 10:03 AM

I suggest a fat joint of some mid grade marijuana to start your day.

Monica, I consider than adulthood. Greenr don't sleep well

Oct 22, 2019, 10:06 AM

due to anxiety and something my wife calls "catastrophic thinking" or something like that.

I do this as well...I am convinced that while

Oct 22, 2019, 10:24 AM

I am sleeping I am going to be killed. Seriously. I wake up constantly ready to do battle with an intruder trying to kill me.

Its so dumb.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This was me last year

Oct 22, 2019, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Monica, I consider than adulthood. Greenr don't sleep well ]

feelsgoodman.gif to not have to deal with that ##### anymore

It does really suck.

Oct 22, 2019, 10:36 AM

For me what helps is one Ativan in the morn when I wake up. And then an SRI also every day.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know exactly when it changed for me

Oct 22, 2019, 10:41 AM

I was up in my attic hanging a steel cable for a suspended loft for my son. I was all the way at the edge where the ceiling joists meet the roof rafters. It was tight as shit, it was about 150 degrees up there because it was the middle of June, I'm laying on my stomach breathing in all kinds of dust and fiberglass, and all of a sudden the whole space felt like it just closed in on me. Only lasted a second but I had to get the hell out of there.

Now, I'm scared of heights, have claustrophobia like crazy, get anxious as hell in crowded traffic. Never had any of that before. Get anxiety driving over long or high bridges. Had that a little as a kid but it went away for years before said event above happened.

I feel you mane. Haven't done anything about mine yet because I am able to manage on my own, but if it gets worse I will have to do something. It sucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Dang man. That's wild.

Oct 22, 2019, 10:42 AM

I wish I did know when it changed so at least I would have a point of reference. Strange how the mind works though.

sometimes when I am in a high place looking over the edge

Oct 22, 2019, 10:47 AM [ in reply to I know exactly when it changed for me ]

my balls kinda move closer to my body

I can feel it

One word

Oct 22, 2019, 10:46 AM

I used to worry about a lot of things

Oct 22, 2019, 11:03 AM

One day it hit me that if we’re lucky, we get 80-85 years on this rock, give or take 15.

If I’m worrying about something I can control, it’s my gut telling me to behave differently.

If I’m worrying about something I can’t control, every minute spent doing that is a waste of one of those precious minutes mentioned above. We don’t get those back.

Might be overly simplistic (just like me), but it’s worked for me.

With few exceptions, I can’t tell you what I was worrying about at this moment 1,5, 10 years ago. When I apply that in a forward-facing manner, it makes me realize “it’s all small stuff”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok Dr. Phil***

Oct 22, 2019, 11:06 AM

I know we aren't serious in the Lunge very often

Oct 22, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to I used to worry about a lot of things ]

but I actually really like that perspective.

Thank you.

Real, honest, serious admission here...

Oct 22, 2019, 11:25 AM [ in reply to I used to worry about a lot of things ]

The ONLY time I ever get anxious or worried to the point of me thinking it's actually unhealthy is during a closely-contested Clemson football game. And oddly enough, that NEVER happens when I'm sitting in the stadium, but only if I'm watching an away game on TV.

I was probably as close to death as I've ever been throughout the UNC game.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

weird, same for me

Oct 22, 2019, 11:40 AM

I was at the tarhole game and I was cool as a cucumber

I’m usually right there with you....for some reason

Oct 22, 2019, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Real, honest, serious admission here... ]

I was just sorta “well, this might be the one” for that game.

Last years team felt like it would be a crime against destiny if they lost a game along the way. This years team feels like they could be 12-2 as easily as they could be 15-0, and I think I’ve been watching the games accordingly.

Breathe. Slowly.***

Oct 22, 2019, 11:10 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have some experience with this issue.

Oct 22, 2019, 12:02 PM

Panic attacks are part of my life and part of the some of my family members' lives. None of them have handled it as well as me. I'm not a deep thinker as most here know but I have a remedy which works for me.

Somehow I reasoned that a panic attack is the result of a suspicion that something is wrong. At times it puts me in fight or flight mode because adrenaline is dumped. As the body reacts to the adrenaline the mind tries to assess the situation. As the mind races to find the threat it causes another release of much needed adrenaline.

It only takes a couple doses of adrenaline and the confusion of not recognizing a danger to create a real panic attack. It starts as a thought and spirals upward and outward. Since I have no conscious control over the adrenaline I deal with my mind.

Basically, I get suspicious, can't find a problem which initiates the release of adrenaline which causes my mind to race which triggers more adrenaline...after a couple cycles my heart starts to race and I wonder how long before I have my 10th heart attack. Yeah, I've seen it that bad more than once.

So here's an overview of my solution. I treat panic like I treat snakes. When I first notice a snake I freak. Since I can recognize the poison sneks of North America I can quickly eliminate the probability that I'm going to die from the encounter.

When the feeling of anxiety strikes I look to see if there's something wrong. If I can't find something wrong I know it's just a black snek that won't hurt me.

I suggest those who are dealing with panic and anxiety practice recognizing it for what it is. If you can find something wrong fix it, if you can't get over it. If you can't work through this then find a doctor and get some help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.

Oct 22, 2019, 12:11 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2atr-SKjM8E

pretty good, but these days SSRI's work better.***

Oct 22, 2019, 12:22 PM

Lorazepam FTW.

Oct 22, 2019, 2:02 PM

Seriously, when you have anxiety, you don't have a clue how massively tight your muscles are like 24-7. Pop one of those pills and the next morning you will wake up feeling loose like a noodle. Works like 10 times better than a muscle relaxer.

Side effect is you will not give a flying #### about anything. And you will find yourself 10 times less productive. I chose to stop taking it and work my ### off again. But 3 nights taking those is like a freaking vacation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 700
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic