Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Grady Jarrett just got PAID..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,552

Grady Jarrett just got PAID..

Jul 15, 2019, 3:09 PM

Third largest contract ever for DL

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grady Jarrett just got PAID..

Jul 15, 2019, 4:25 PM

deuceswild said:

Third largest contract ever for DL

Well, I definitely was right on that one. I remember screaming and frothing at the mouth when Jarrett was drafted in the fifth round and I compared him then to John Randle, that former incredibly active but "undersized" All-Pro for the Vikings who is now in the Hall of Fame. Randle actually got done worse even than Jarrett; Randle wasn't drafted at all, and then, just by way of icing the cake, he was cut by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers when they had him in camp for a tryout because they too decided he was "too small". (This is one of the reasons often given for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers being one of the most futile expansion teams ever in the first 25+ years of their existence; they made today's Cleveland Browns look competent. When you have a future Hall of Fame guy in camp whom no one can block, you, you know, sign him.)

Whatever, what I remember is that guards and centers from the likes of FSU, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Louisville were flying off the draft boards in the second and third rounds, guys whom all of us had watched Grady Jarrett absolutely eat alive throughout college. Which begged the question: did all of these NFL scouts think these palookas would magically be able to block Jarrett once they put on different jerseys in the NFL?

I thought not. And Jarrett definitely proved those of us in that camp absolutely correct.

Bravo, Grady Jarrett, for proving that football remains...well, football. Regardless of level.

Clemson boys making bank !

Jul 15, 2019, 4:50 PM

our defensive linemen are some of the best paid in the league , … all the way around , look at our first rounders this year too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Grady Jarrett just got PAID..

Jul 15, 2019, 5:36 PM

$42 mil guaranteed...let that sink in for a sec ! Congrats to the big man !

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

a good example of a talented guy that doesn’t

Jul 15, 2019, 8:22 PM

Take plays off. I couldn’t be happier for Grady

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: a good example of a talented guy that doesn’t

Jul 15, 2019, 9:02 PM

...and doesn't even do it for the money - well, maybe a little bit for the money. He'll be burnin' down the house for a number of years to come. Go Grady!!! Awesome deal!!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic