Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Last 2 weeks have been great, but we will need our running..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Last 2 weeks have been great, but we will need our running..

Oct 27, 2018, 8:12 PM

game to get better to win it all. Still not convinced we can line up and impose our willwhen needed against good defenses.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They sold out on the run and dared us to pass

Oct 27, 2018, 8:13 PM

we obliged

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Last 2 weeks have been great, but we will need our running..

Oct 27, 2018, 8:15 PM

We had two starting offense lineman out today and went up against a top 10 rushing defense. Calm down we will be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta take what the defense gives u

Oct 27, 2018, 8:15 PM

Stacking the box

Re: Gotta take what the defense gives u

Oct 27, 2018, 8:42 PM

etigeratl said:

Stacking the box

^^^^This. Being one dimensional last year exposed us when it mattered. This year, it’s finally different. We can do both. I think some people just like to find something to complain about.

You will get your wish next week. We will run at will

Oct 27, 2018, 8:17 PM

against UL.

I share your concern, but honestly, when you are going against a good D-line, it is difficult for any team to simply impose their will if the opposing team sells out to stop the run like NCSt and FSU did.

Running against UL will be like running against...

Oct 27, 2018, 8:19 PM

WF. Proves nothing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coot

Oct 27, 2018, 8:21 PM

Re: coot

Oct 27, 2018, 8:43 PM

So original

Oct 27, 2018, 8:28 PM

It seemed the runs were more successful when motion was used. Last week, it gave ETN a clear path to the endzone. Not sure why it's not used more. IMO BC will be very tough against the run.

Message was edited by: BerlinSPY73®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:35 PM

BC usually is tough against the run, but we light them up in the air. As the game wore on today, we ran the ball better. Feaster had some very nice runs. FSU giving up 98 a game, we did get 120. The offense is the type we need to beat Bama, it's how we beat them last time, Watson's arm and passing game. We will see.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We just played 2 of the best run defenses in the country

Oct 27, 2018, 8:33 PM

NCSU is #8 and FSU is #9 in the entire country in rush defense. I will take outscoring them 100-17 combined and I think our rushing game is about to get well vs #122 Loisville.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 8:34 PM

As long as teams stack the box we will run just enough to keep them honest.
As long as TL can continue to get better , we don’t have to have but a 100 yards a game.
We didn’t run on Bama or Ohio st in 2015,2016 but pick them a part .

Our running game is fine.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:34 PM

What we need is our QB getting all the experience he can with the RPO. He leans toward throwing the ball and that's fine. I'd rather have him and his arm than a QB who takes off running when he can't decipher a defense. Our RB's need to quit taking the ball our of Trevor's hand too. They need to work on this. The option plays are killers when everyone is doing their jobs.

Yes, we've had a few who tried to cover up their inability to read defenses over the past 10 years. Trevor is as good as we'll ever have and we need to get the most out of him. That's why he decides when to check down most of the time and what option he'll take when the defense shifts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 8:37 PM

kbtiger® said:

game to get better to win it all. Still not convinced we can line up and impose our willwhen needed against good defenses.

Would you not say that throwing for over 400 yards is “imposing your will?” Passing the ball is just as much apart of the game as running the ball. To me, a great team is one that can beat you either way. Clemson has illustrated that this year.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:44 PM

kbtiger® said:

Would you not say that throwing for over 400 yards is “imposing your will?” Passing the ball is just as much apart of the game as running the ball. To me, a great team is one that can beat you either way. Clemson has illustrated that this year.

You nailed it. TU for getting it!!!!!

Oct 27, 2018, 8:44 PM

Sure you are right. Our line is our weakest point. But we were down to starters most of the day. Plus, if a team decides to take one threat away, you just need to make them pay with the other. Thats the chess game here.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic