Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gotdam Straight! A democratic centrist enters the race.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 860

Gotdam Straight! A democratic centrist enters the race.

Mar 4, 2019, 4:27 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/04/us/john-hickenlooper-2020.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He'd have to start running pretty fast

Mar 4, 2019, 5:09 PM

to the left to have a chance for a dem nomination.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

we'll see...recent polling indicates...

Mar 5, 2019, 7:58 AM

that 51% of dem voters want the party to move more to the middle and 40% want it to move more to the left. Question is who shows up to vote in primaries and who gives money.

Re: we'll see...recent polling indicates...

Mar 5, 2019, 8:56 AM

That 51% has the majority, but you can assume those are reasonable, normal people who have very active lives outside of politics.

The problem is, they are up against:

That 40%, who are miserable, angry, ignorant, and uninformed, who comprise of the loudest, most obnoxious, most violent, and most militant political demographic in the country who call Trump supporters nazis and throw violent protest-tantrums when they dont get their way. They have no life outside of this immature, angry political identity, and their life revolves around going to the polls once every 4 years, and ranting vitriol online. This demographic is much more active and always shows up to vote, and they are the reason places like California are going down the toilet with ridiculous laws and elected officials, or why AOC is in Congress.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe 10% of the total 40% are like that.***

Mar 5, 2019, 1:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it could be almost the opposite of the 2016 Pub nom

Mar 5, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to we'll see...recent polling indicates... ]

In 2016, you had a gaggle of fairly similar candidates, and one very dissimilar one. The gaggle split up the vote of the majority of the party, and the extreme one ended up getting the nomination.

In 2020 for the Democrats, maybe if there's a large number of more extreme-left candidates, maybe they will split the vote and open the door for just one more moderate candidate.

There will be at least two moderate candidates.

Mar 5, 2019, 1:10 PM

Hickenlooper and Montana Gov. Bullock.

And together they equal the personality of a wet sponge.

Mar 5, 2019, 4:07 PM

People that vote in primaries are the most motivated. The people that vote in the democratic primaries won't even glance at either of these two. They might as well be republicans to them. Just my take on it of course.

GO TIGERS!!

Wish I was as smart as you. I would never in my wildest

Mar 5, 2019, 4:39 PM

dreams think a Barack Hussein Obama would be nominated, much less win.

Same with Trump. I said he was finished when he made the statement about McCain. Then, he went and made hundreds of nutty statements and still won.

I’m not very good at this. Since you are, tell me who will win the dem nomination and we will write it down. Heck, give me two names.

I have no idea... No one I've wanted to win has won

Mar 6, 2019, 9:38 AM

in a really really long time. Every time I think the electorate couldn't get any dumber we prove me wrong.

GO TIGERS!!

That's certainly an interesting take.

Mar 5, 2019, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Maybe it could be almost the opposite of the 2016 Pub nom ]

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2019/01/11/the-liberal-faction-of-the-democratic-party-is-growing-new-polling-shows/

Interesting read.. Not that it means much.

GO TIGERS!!

Who is John Dickenlicker?***

Mar 4, 2019, 5:19 PM

Re: Who is John Dickenlicker?***

Mar 4, 2019, 6:17 PM

Your nickname in college?

Wonder if he has a chance to win the Democratic primary

Mar 5, 2019, 7:34 AM

If it's anything like the Republican primary, and I bet it is, he's going to have to be more extreme in his stances to win it.

I bet he'd smoke the President in the national election, though.

He would not get my vote, though, as he thinks it's OK to kill children.

Re: Wonder if he has a chance to win the Democratic primary

Mar 5, 2019, 7:51 AM

Could he believe that it’s not “ok”, but recognizes that personal responsibility should Trump is own belief. That maybe many others do not feel the same as him, however on policy matters he goes Pro Choice so that he can serve better? What if all his other policies and interests were center and more independent than any others, you would still not consider him a viable candidate?

If that is the fact, then you will never be able to vote.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.

Mar 5, 2019, 7:56 AM

What if he believes, personally, it's not OK to kill 14-year olds, but recognizes that other people should be able to decide for themselves if they should or not? Would you vote for such a person?

As a side, you seem to think I want a person whose policies are "center" and "independent". I'd much prefer someone with very conservative stances, and plan to vote accordingly. So even if he were against the murder of children, there's a good chance he still wouldn't get my vote.

Re: No.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:04 AM

Prod, currently is is against the law to kill a 14 year old so your point is moot.

Message was edited by: tigermanac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're talking about character of a candidate.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:06 AM

Just so we are clear, is it your position, when judging someone's character, that it doesn't matter what they think about murdering people, because it is already illegal?

Re: We're talking about character of a candidate.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:15 AM

Not what I am saying at all. You are playing on words.

I'm not playing on words, I just asked a question.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:39 AM

You answered "no," which is good. I do not understand your position, though, so if you clarified, that would help me.

And I vote in every Presidential election...

Mar 5, 2019, 7:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Wonder if he has a chance to win the Democratic primary ]

It's just been a few cycles since I've voted for someone in the Republican or Democratic party.

Re: And I vote in every Presidential election...

Mar 5, 2019, 8:01 AM

So being insignificant in the process isn’t a problem for you. Got it.

My vote counts the same amount as everyone else's.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:03 AM

Is it your position that unpopular opinions are insignificant opinions?

How popular must an opinion of mine be, before it is no longer insignificant?

Re: My vote counts the same amount as everyone else's.

Mar 5, 2019, 8:14 AM

If you were out and about canvassing and donating or even politically active in a Green Party or some kind of Conservative PAC, no it’s not as insignificant. However if you just show up on voting day and vote for the 3rd party, yes, it’s insignificant.

OK.***

Mar 5, 2019, 8:38 AM

The Dem primary is already decided before anybody ever votes

Mar 5, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to Wonder if he has a chance to win the Democratic primary ]

~Debbie Wasserhername Shuulz

Hmmm - wasn't CO one of the 1st states to legalize weed?***

Mar 5, 2019, 12:35 PM

I think the first one.***

Mar 5, 2019, 1:05 PM

Re: Gotdam Straight! A democratic centrist enters the race.

Mar 5, 2019, 4:27 PM

Ill read up on him but I like what Gabbard has said so far but she will never get the nomination. I guess it’s third party or write in for the 4th time in a roll for me.

We need reform more than moderation.***

Mar 5, 2019, 5:08 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2019, 9:47 PM

I trust him about as far as I can throw him

Mar 6, 2019, 9:33 AM

IDK, wait until trump gets a hold of his last name and brands him hickypooper. It will be all over of him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 860
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic