Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 660

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 6, 2019, 8:20 AM

Friday night, shopping for nephew's birthday present. Ate at that Genghis grill place, pretty good if you fill the bowl up right. If you go, just drink water.

Saturday, to Maiden in for the birthday party. Super Mario Bros themed so of course I had on a Bower shirt. Lots of fun visiting. Cap the night off with Deadpool 2.

Sunday, super lazy. Not out of bed until noonish. Did more unpacking. GoT.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hmmm, didn't do a whole lot

May 6, 2019, 8:32 AM

Fri, met fam for dinner at Olive Garden, took brother and nephew bowfishing on Secession. We got 1.

Sat - Mslovin made banana, choco chip, and regular pancakes, took kids to park, then me and McJr went swimming in mom's pool (a cool 79 degrees). Grilled steaks for dinner.

Sun - Church in the morning, took McJr to Airplane park, church in the evening

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 6, 2019, 8:34 AM

Friday did nothing

Satuday took dachshund to the vet because he blew his back out again. 500 dollars later he is doing better.

Sunday...hung with dog all day and then went to happy hour Cinco de Mayo and saw a way too loud band and knocked back 5 beers. Made me realize I don't like crowds or live music.

Weekend on a scale from 1-10 was a 3.

Fix your dog's back

May 6, 2019, 8:36 AM

or have sects twice?

#decisions

Re: Fix your dog's back

May 6, 2019, 8:41 AM

She has all the traits of a dog except loyalty.

Good

May 6, 2019, 8:36 AM

Fri night: jeep wrenching things with kids playing everywhere.
Sat: jeep things, nothing broke, got out before monsoon hit.
Sun: Kid things, around the house things, early to bed.

First weekend with the new job. NO AFTERHOURS CALLS...glorious.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers split but I didn't die

May 6, 2019, 8:37 AM

Friday, got take out from the Smoking Pig

Sattidy - Went truck shopping. I think Ms Wilbur is now OK with the F-150 or Silverado and decided the Tacoma and Colorado were too small. We looked at a nice '13 F150 Premier with 91K miles on it, but I thought at $28K it was overpriced (?). Saw a very nice '18 SIlverado with 9K miles, but $5K is more than I want to spend.

Sunday - Took the boat to the marina and proceeded to lose my wallet.

-1 bazillion/10 cuz overpriced trucks and loss of wallet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

prolly get a new silverado for

May 6, 2019, 8:41 AM

$32K?

https://www.jimellischevrolet.net/VehicleDetails/new-2019-Chevrolet-Silverado_1500-Double_Cab_Standard_Box_2_Wheel_Drive_LT-Atlanta-GA/3372046243

Yeah, everyone loses their wallet at Clemson marina these

May 6, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Welp, The Tigers split but I didn't die ]

days. They think they're the Rick Erwin's of Lake Hartwell dining or something .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness the quesadillia is pretty good.***

May 6, 2019, 10:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Pretty Dang Good.

May 6, 2019, 8:38 AM

Friday - Left work, made it to Jester King to Pick up my 6 bottles of Atrial Rubicite. Made it out before the storms hit, and the flash flood blocked the roads.
Saturday - Spent the morning looking at houses. Found a couple, but think I'm gonna get a 2900sq ft built. Went back to Jester King, Picked up 6 more bottles of Atrial Rubicite. Then I went to the Kentucky Derby party. Threw on the seer sucker suit, and won best dressed.
Sunday - started working on all the wiring for my CNC router. I'm nearly finished with it, I just need to get GRBL up and running on my laptop.

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 6, 2019, 8:40 AM

Friday - Had a great date night downtown. Went to La Farfelle which was really good and walked around for a bit
Saturday - Wife wouldn't let me have a yard sale with all of our junk so I woke up early, loaded the truck, and headed to the flea market. Got rid of everything and made $150. Not bad. Saturday afternoon went to Target and she spent $140 on clothes and baby stuff.
Sunday - Went to an estate sale in the morning and picked up a router table and found one of the ceremonial bricks from the building of Charleston Place in 1985. Pretty cool. Celebrated Cinco De Mayo with a margarita and Modelo at YoBo. Went for a family bike ride in the afternoon.

Sucked out loud

May 6, 2019, 8:42 AM

was sick all weekend.

Friday: Don't remember. Was on the toilet all Friday night into Saturday morning. Total of 4 hours of sleep.

Saturday: Still didn't feel good but mustered up enough energy to see my grandfather who was just placed in a nursing home and go grocery shopping. Saturday night was a repeat of Friday night. around 5 hours of sleep total.

Sunday: Sent the kids off to church with parents. Went to urgent care/doctor's express who informed me that they see all issues EXCEPT the issue I was having. Refused to go to the ER and just went home and toughed it out. Took some sorbitol and started peeing out my butt. Felt well enough to cut the grass but that was it.

Now it's the first day of facebook practice and I either already died or am about to die.

-50/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Mexillent.

May 6, 2019, 8:48 AM

Friday, took the light rail to First Ward Park to hang out with Greenr, there was some band playing there called Gander Mopuntain String Band or somesuch something. They sounded really good, but not as good as hearing stories of growing up in Clover from Greenr all night. Stopped on the way back and ate tacos at Hot Taco. Food was decent enough but nothing spectacular, Mexican beer selection played to the ignorant Charlotte millennials, but it wasn't crowded, service was good and quick, and the price was right.

Saturday, got up and did chores so we could head to the Strawberry Festival in Fort Mill and watch wrestling. They had a bunch of retired Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling/WCW/WWF stars putting on several shows during the day. Then, the toilet broke and I had to run to home depot and replace the guts in the tank, then it stormed, and they cancelled the rest of the festival so no wrestling. Went to RH Mom's and hung out for a while, then came home and ate and ran to LOUD rock and roll jam sesh. Ended up being one of those magical nights where everything turned out good, including a couple of tunes off the cuff we've never tried before.

Sunday, slept in, got up and drank coffee, watched Enter The Dragon, then went to RH Mom's for a bit. From there to grocery, back home to walk the pup. Made Cinco de Mayo fajitas and a pitcher of sangria, ate like a feral hog, flopped in the Big Chair and zombied out until bedtime.

I'm going to give the weekend a perfect score of 7 on a scale of -100 to 7, because DJ Ukelele committed and in spite of Clemson baseblah. Enough excitement, relaxing when it needed to be, and the plumbing project went quick and easy with only one string of filthy expletives uttered during the entire process...which is far less then any normal plumbing project of mine.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Most excellent

May 6, 2019, 8:51 AM

Friday hung out with some folks I hadn’t seen in a while at the Color Run at Tyger River Park

Saturday went to Asheville for the herbfest (not that kind of herb), hung out in Black Mountain for a while, had a great burger and Jade on tap at Stackhouse in Mars Hill then a quiet night at a cabin at the confluence of Chandler & Ivy Creek.

Sunday slept in then to Weaverville for a great late breakfast at Well Bred. On to Biltmore Place to hang out at Thirsty Monk while wife fired up the credit cards.

Rain made fr great sleeping background noise but put a damper on the hiking plans.

10/10 will do again in hopefully better weather.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Fair to middlin'.

May 6, 2019, 8:54 AM

Friday: got golf cart fixed by The Golf Cart Man of Charleston (said so in big letters on his truck); nice gent and his wife, red af. Even with his expertise, he didn't know for sure what the issue had been, but probably the control box/panel reset itself when I changed the solenoid last year, and I didn't perform the proper seance and sacrificial ritual to restart it. Anyway, cart works meow, added some air to the tires (you'd be amazed how much low tire pressure was slowing it down, who knew?), went to concert at golf course clubhouse across the screet, drank a lot, kids ran around and wore themselves out. Went home and played cornhole and drank a lot more.

Saturday: headed downtown to check into Wentworth Mansion; that place is titties. All set up for a good first anniversary with dinner res at Circa 1886 that night (on Wentworth property, and one of the only 3 Diamond restaurants in a town full of great grub and James Beard winners and shit). Got dressed, went to Derby party at fran's house on Broad, put about $60 on various horse bets/pools, cashed out $30, meh. The DQ moved Code of Honor up from 3rd to 2nd for me in one of the $5 pools, so that helped cut some of my losses.

Also, I cain't 'member if I'd seen this before or not, but frans had their Revolutionary War cannonball out on the counter. Their son found it in their backyard a few years ago. It's British origin, and it's been written about and been on several historical tours around the country. And it weighs 22 lbs., so it'd have gone straight through the floor if dropped.

Left to go back to room for 9:15 dinner res, get to dinner, and as it turns out, one of us was basically too intoxicated to sit at a dinner table, particularly in a nice restaurant. I won't say which of us it was, but it wasn't me. Ended up getting out bottle of champagne to go, hopefully didn't piss off the waiter too bad by bailing (he got a $20 tip on a bottle he didn't even open, so whatever). 19She also misplaced her phone, no idea where. Texted the proprietor of the Derby party, and he's like "wat", and sent a pic of what the party had devolved to: wife and friend on countertops.

A little sleuthing and I located wife's phone between his wife's legs. Not nearly as hot as it sounds.

Sunday: 19She decides to not be mad at me anymore, so we go have breakfast at Circa (included with room); I've eaten my substantial weight in shrimp and grits, and this joint has the best I've ever had. I must learn how to make this spicy tomato gravy they had. It's phenomenal.

Went back to room, lounged in hot tub, had some anniversary ########, went up to roof to check out view, went home. Ordered some calzones from Vinny's, and they were amazing. Napped, acted fat, GOT, bed.

9.5/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10........Sold the house......'Nuff Said

May 6, 2019, 9:01 AM

Although the kids who bought the house are Hoos I will swallow my pride and cash their check. Good weekend in Maddogville.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too bad...

May 6, 2019, 9:36 AM

Friday...got home and smoked ribs and prepped burger patties for work thing on Sat. Cleaned house, clean garage, effed-up knee in the process, bed by midnight tired af.

Saturday....had work golf event. Sales vs production/engineering scramble. I played with the sales folks. First time playing golf in 13 yrs. Tee time at 8 am at Cobb's Glen so I get to the course (which is across the street from my house) at 7 to hit some balls and see if I still remember how to swing. Playing with knee brace on left knee due to effing it up the night before may have actually helped. Wasn't hitting them half bad.

I was teamed up with 3 20-something guys from inside sales. They really enjoyed by Big Bertha War Bird driver circa 1992. Was smaller then their 5W's. These guys could hit it a ton, but I hung in there with 'em. Actually won the front 9 long drive hole in part due to a hell of drive from me along with no one else in my group hitting the fairway. We were first group and no other group beat it apparently. One guy drove the green on a 330yd par 4, which was impressive. Anyways, we ended up winning at -5.

Had whole group over to my house for drinks and ribs/burgers. Reheated and sauced ribs for 15-20 minutes and they turned out really good. First time I've smoked them the night before eating. Everyone left about 4pm and I was drunk and physically depleted. I don't ever remember being that tired after a round of golf. Drinking at 9am probably didn't help matters.

Sunday...nothing, except watching Tigers pick up another 5*.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We live 3.5 miles from each other

May 6, 2019, 10:14 AM

approximately....I thought you was buying in Rivendell? Which is prolly also about 3.5 miles from me.

Yeah, the one we were going to make an offer on in...

May 6, 2019, 10:25 AM

Rivendell went under contract the day before we went to make an offer.

Then considered the one that's been for sale right across from the Rivendell clubhouse and that was under contract too.

We then went back to the drawing board and decided on one in Cobb's Glen. Turned out for the best, because kids made a ton of friends in their age range and I don't think Rivendell would have been quite as good for that. We settled a bit for the house, but it's fine...ended up spending a lot less $$ vs Rivendell.

Then turns out the one in Rivendell across from the club house is back on the market and one of guys that works for me and is relocating down here made an offer on it, only to discover all kinds of issues during inspection that led him to back out of the contract. It's been on and off the market many times over the last year and now we know why, so likely dodged a bullet there!

Cool, pretty decent location over there

May 6, 2019, 10:40 AM

If you ever take stuff to the dump, you prolly drive by my house....and you prolly recognize it because it's one of the larger connex highrises in the area.

Went to The Beach That Shall Not Be Named. Hung out at the

May 6, 2019, 9:37 AM

Crab House then the Tuna Shak all Friday afternoon, listeneing to music and drankin. Beautiful day on beach Saturday. One of those days you didnt want to leave. Finally left and watched derby and went to Frank's Outback...so to answer yer questienne, purty goot in The Captain's eyes

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I knew it was coming

May 6, 2019, 10:15 AM

a friend of 30+ years passed away after battling cancer. She had been fighting for several years now but it finally took her. She will be sorely missed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I didn't know her, but a lot of our mutual friends were

May 6, 2019, 10:36 AM

talking about it this past weekend.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way too short

May 6, 2019, 10:31 AM

Got caught out in the middle of the lake in the storm Saturday. Had a stick wedged in the outdrive so I couldn't plane off. Of course, didn't realize the problem until after I had gotten walloped. Returned back to the dock to see everything had blown off, including my bow cover, a couple of fishing rods, and a tackle box. That pissed me off pretty good so I just went home.

Sunday waited 75 years for wife to get ready to go eat lunch. Took so ####### long we just ended up getting dock takeout from Local Pub because I was going to kill everyone if I didn't eat soon. I swear, it's like I cannot just go do anything anymore, it has to be some sort of drawn out event. "Getting ready" usually takes longer than the actual trip to wherever we're going, we wouldn't eat lunch until 4:00 if I left her to her own devices.

Managed to overcome my aggravation and caught 5 bass. Actually some decent sized ones. Then tooled around the lake and looked at houses for sale. Rode up to Clemson, tried to swamp the row boats that were out. By then it had gotten dark, so it was back home to prepare to rejoin the rat race.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

those feelz

May 6, 2019, 10:49 AM

I had'em on Saturday. I hadn't eaten in 24 hours..and was hungry. After what seemed like 6 hours of getting ready (but was closer to 2), we went to to two places finding something she wanted..but started the day with she didn't care where we ate.

"Why didn't you eat a snack?"

May 6, 2019, 10:59 AM

WHY DO YOU WAIT UNTIL I'M READY TO LEAVE TO EVEN START GETTING READY?!?

Nice! Super weather 9.5/10

May 6, 2019, 10:50 AM

Fri - met with builder to get building project moving, good homemade BBQ for dinner
Sat - 1st anniversary of dog biz. several hundred people showed, most with their doggos...busy day
Sun - R&R mostly, oustanding shrimp/corn chowder for dinner..

**also found out who reported me to Mods resulting in 2 bannings.

Who, and how'd you find out?***

May 6, 2019, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will keep that private***

May 6, 2019, 11:40 AM

so/so: bike but no boat, ball or booty. took the harley out

May 6, 2019, 11:01 AM

for a ride saturday before the rain set in. was going to take the boat out sunday but that tornado saturday took out the lift and the ramp was packed. sav82wife worked all weekend ;(

Replies: 30
| visibility 660
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic