Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonzaga Nips Duke, 89-87
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,395

Gonzaga Nips Duke, 89-87

Nov 21, 2018, 9:53 PM

Well, it had to happen, I guess. Gonzaga, playing near perfect basketball for three fourths of the game, held off a furious Duke rush to edge the Blue Devils 89-87.
We had several chances at the end, but RJ Barrett drove into a mass of Zag bodies four straight times with no result. Should have kicked the ball out to Cam Reddish or Zion. Barrett has a habit of playing "Hero Ball", and this time it cost us. But this team is young, and they'll learn from this. The loss overshadowed great efforts from Zion, Tre Jones, and Jack White.
Anyway, we've won two of three from top ten teams, we will be fine.
As will Clemson. I can see them making it to the Dance end of season.Never look forward to playing you guys down there, you always come to play!
Happy Thanksgiving to all of y'all!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonzaga Nips Duke, 89-87

Nov 21, 2018, 9:58 PM

I’ll get hammered for this but I’m a Duke bb fan as long as they aren’t playing CU. Hated to see them lose but should help them toughen up for the long haul.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aw. Too bad.***

Nov 21, 2018, 9:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

"drove into a mass of bodies 4 times with no result"

Nov 21, 2018, 10:14 PM

pretty funny. Sounds like a low basketball IQ, this will hurt down the road later. Players who do this usually don't change their stripes. And they usually have outstanding athletic ability, leading to the very problem. Lack of trust and selfishness loses a lot of basketball games in critical moments.

Dude. It's a Brotherhood, doncha know?

Nov 21, 2018, 10:50 PM

Now that it's clear Duke outbid Kansas, and who knows who else, the Brotherhood statement looks kind of stupid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 21, 2018, 11:08 PM

Duke lost for one reason, and one reason alone - they didn’t have ACC refs to bail them out in the end. If that were ACC league play, both of those final drives would have been called fouls against Gonzaga.
Glad to see Puke lose.

Nov 21, 2018, 11:14 PM

As far as I'm concerned Duke and Zion can jump off a cliff.

Nov 22, 2018, 7:14 AM

Well, Tiger fans, you'll get your chance at them..
And when you get real proof Duke is cheating, then bring it out. And I will join you in the bonfire. Until then, it makes you look like you're reaching for something..

Nov 22, 2018, 7:54 AM

That was possibly a preview of the Title Game in April. Two really good teams.

No, I have no delusions regarding January 5. Too early to assess how a lot of teams will actually do and then...there's the 'injury bug'. The Tigers look solid, but is that any different than how college football looks right now? Bama...Clemson...maybe ND and Michigan...and a clear separation from the next 10 teams?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duke is incredibly talented, but can be beaten when the

Nov 22, 2018, 8:02 AM

officiating lets both teams play and doesn't give dook all the calls. Zaga couldn't make free throws down the stretch, thought that would cost them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Duke is incredibly talented, but can be beaten when the

Nov 22, 2018, 8:11 AM

So "Dook" gets all the calls. Let's hearken back to yesteryear..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeMkKhExrU

Nov 22, 2018, 8:18 AM

Duke set those plays up for Barrett to drive to the basket, which I don't understand. He's a great athlete, but for now he's an average shooter at best. I would have tried to get a three point shot for Reddish.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,395
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic