Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
God's Plan of Salvation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 826

God's Plan of Salvation

Feb 14, 2014, 1:11 PM

God’s Simple Plan of Salvation
My Friend: I am asking you the most important question of life. Your joy or your sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good you are, nor if you are a church member, but are you saved? Are you sure you will go to Heaven when you die?

God says in order to go to Heaven, you must be born again. In John 3:7, Jesus said to Nicodemus, “Ye must be born again.”

In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?

First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.

“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).

“ . . . God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.

“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).

Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.

Surely, you realize you are a sinner. Right now, wherever you are, repenting, lift your heart to God in prayer.

In Luke 18:13, the sinner prayed: “God be merciful to me a sinner.” Just pray: “Oh God, I know I am a sinner. I believe Jesus was my substitute when He died on the Cross. I believe His shed blood, death, burial, and resurrection were for me. I now receive Him as my Savior. I thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, the gift of salvation and everlasting life, because of Your merciful grace. Amen.”

Just take God at His word and claim His salvation by faith. Believe, and you will be saved. No church, no lodge, no good works can save you. Remember, God does the saving. All of it!

God’s simple plan of salvation is: You are a sinner. Therefore, unless you believe on Jesus Who died in your place, you will spend eternity in Hell. If you believe on Him as your crucified, buried, and risen Savior, you receive forgiveness for all of your sins and His gift of eternal salvation by faith.

You say, “Surely, it cannot be that simple.” Yes, that simple! It is scriptural. It is God’s plan. My friend, believe on Jesus and receive Him as Savior today.

If His plan is not perfectly clear, read this tract over and over, without laying it down, until you understand it. Your soul is worth more than all the world.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?” (Mark 8:36).

Be sure you are saved. If you lose your soul, you miss Heaven and lose all. Please! Let God save you this very moment.

God’s power will save you, keep you saved, and enable you to live a victorious Christian life. “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, Who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it” (1 Corinthians 10:13).

Do not trust your feelings. They change. Stand on God’s promises. They never change. After you are saved, there are three things to practice daily for spiritual growth:

Pray -- you talk to God.
Read your Bible -- God talks to you.
Witness -- you talk for God.
You should be baptized in obedience to the Lord Jesus Christ as a public testimony of your salvation, and then unite with a Bible-believing church without delay. “Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord . . . .” (2 Timothy 1:8)

“Whosoever therefore shall confess [testify of] Me before men, him will I confess also before My Father which is in heaven” (Matthew 10:32).

Copyright: Robert Ford Porter, 1991

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Safe for Prod

Feb 14, 2014, 1:12 PM

was hoping for newds

get off my porch. I'm letting the dogs out now.***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

Vi scok?***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you! Your post has me thinking and I have a question

Feb 14, 2014, 1:16 PM

Would you please post nude pictures of your wife and/or girlfriend?

TIA, asking for a friend.

I think that suggestion just a bit uncalled for here.

Feb 14, 2014, 2:39 PM

There should be no "or"...

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

Germans***

Feb 14, 2014, 1:26 PM

TL:DR

Feb 14, 2014, 1:29 PM

Too Long: Didn't Rejoice.

I am pretty sure giving people eye strain and a headache

Feb 14, 2014, 1:54 PM

are frowned upon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: God's Plan of Salvation

Feb 14, 2014, 2:11 PM

A post that lengthy w/o one pic? No way, bro. No way.

To be totally honest, you've inspired me.

Feb 14, 2014, 2:21 PM

I'M GETTING CRUMP TO CHANGE MY SCREEN NAME TO LYNYRD SYNNER.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

proselytization bored >>>>>>>>***

Feb 14, 2014, 2:37 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-snuffys.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent.

I LOVE PROSELYTUTES!!!***

Feb 14, 2014, 2:51 PM

As does God. You are truly one of His children.***

Feb 14, 2014, 2:54 PM

Can I write all sorts of stuff and cite

Feb 14, 2014, 2:41 PM

fictional works to prove them to others too?

Do you know where your towel is?

"[You] should always know where [your] towel is." - Hitchhiker's guide to the Galaxy, Chapter 3

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can I write all sorts of stuff and cite

Feb 14, 2014, 2:43 PM
NERDS.jpg(6.6 K)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "FYT" at the end of your post isn't loading***

Feb 14, 2014, 3:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Is that the book that says the earth is 6000 yrs old?

Feb 14, 2014, 3:07 PM

pfft.

No, but a small percentage of Christians believe it to be so***

Feb 16, 2014, 10:20 AM

Re: God's Plan of Salvation

Feb 14, 2014, 3:11 PM

Thank you for posting this - He who wins souls is wise. You are not responsible for the results, just for letting people know. They are without excuse.

God Bless

I was certain salvation has something to do w/LBOD

Feb 14, 2014, 3:15 PM

sad face

TL:DR

Feb 14, 2014, 3:52 PM

Too Long: Didn't Repent

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One question for you.

Feb 14, 2014, 4:07 PM

Do you think there were dinosaurs on Noah's Ark?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^Heathen^^^^^^^

Feb 14, 2014, 4:08 PM

Dinosaurs are a trick from Satan to confuse us about the age of the earth.

You need to watch the Darwin special on HBO

Feb 14, 2014, 4:38 PM

they said that dinosaours and man lived together and baby dinosaurs were on the Ark.

I spewed my drink.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like this?

Feb 14, 2014, 4:41 PM

Caught the last half hour of it the other night.

Feb 14, 2014, 5:52 PM [ in reply to You need to watch the Darwin special on HBO ]

Interesting enough that I'll seek out the first part of it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never has been, or will be a better post made on this board.

Feb 14, 2014, 5:35 PM

Thank you. If just one person read it, it was worth the attacks.

Evacuation Theology on Tigernet = Bad idea***

Feb 16, 2014, 9:42 AM

Evacuation Bowels on Tigernet = Good idea***

Feb 16, 2014, 9:44 AM

Can never remember if that is a prerequisite, or

Feb 16, 2014, 10:20 AM

an inalienable right.

Good post

Feb 16, 2014, 7:40 PM

Our One Creator Which Flies and is Spaghetti and a Monster,

I believe Thou art the Creator of Goodness and Nourishment, and of Sustenance. I thank the Pasta, and the Sauce, and the Meatballs, for they provide me all my needs.

I thank Thee for the Many Beverages that Thou provides, for they engender true fellowship, and I will quaff them heartily, be they Beer, or Wine, or Sweet Iced Tea (in the South), or even Milk or Kool-Aid, for it is not good to withhold fluids, and I need to take care of my Body, as Beneficiary of Thine Holy Goodness.

I thank Thee for the giving of healthful Green Salad, the Yummy Garlic Bread, and the Blessed Cheese for the top of my Spaghetti, and also I am most thankful that If I eat All my Dinner, a Dessert of Extreme Chocolateness will surely follow, preferably Dark Chocolate, for it is Good.

I believe that Thou are neither Male, nor Female, but are instead beyond the reaches of the gender confusion of Man and Woman Kind, yea, thou are ageless, timeless and all-encompassing.

I most humbly thank Thee, oh Noodly Appendaged One, for Touching me with the mental capacity to adapt the mythologies of This Universe to aid and comfort me here, until that day I am able to join together with my Pastafarian Brothers and Sisters at the foot of the Beer Volcano, and enumerate my specifications at the Stripper Factory, so that happiness and contentedness and good cheer be present for all, forever and forever,
RAmen.

I'm simply too drunk

Feb 16, 2014, 11:43 PM

to read all of that.

Replies: 32
| visibility 826
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic