Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACCN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

ACCN

Sep 12, 2019, 3:06 PM

How do most of you feel about the ACCN so far?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACCN

Sep 12, 2019, 3:11 PM

Right now they're airing a special on Coach K. Couldn't they wait for BB season? They've been showing vintage football games of UVA vs. FSU. What's up with that? Packer and Durham have been good.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Sep 12, 2019, 3:36 PM

FSU and UVA play this weekend, the 1995 FSU/UVA game they are showing was FSU first conference loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2019, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: ACCN ]

UVA plays FSU on Saturday...

GO TIGERS

Sep 12, 2019, 3:14 PM

Can't watch it because it not on Uverse!

Sep 12, 2019, 3:22 PM

Still unavailable on on Xfinity, and used up my trial on Hulu. Don’t want to bother using the trial for Charlotte, so it’ll be the first game I will miss since around ‘07 or ‘08.

Go to a local sports bar**

Sep 12, 2019, 3:25 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 3:52 PM

I pass that channel everyday 5 or 6 times and never stop, I pass it by!!! All those networks were made up to collect more money from the college fans not able or can't afford to go to the games anymore!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 4:17 PM

It's OK... Kind of like the SUC network, you can only take that one sided conference stuff so long. Packer does have a good show, but it's on too early in the day to get the call-ins they need.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

It's a joke

Sep 12, 2019, 4:29 PM

They produced about 5 shows that run over and over and over. Was expecting much more from ESPN. Shoulda known better.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

I don't like it

Sep 12, 2019, 4:32 PM

I don't like it, from the programs to the coverage of live games, I wouldn't pay extra for it, i'll listen to the radio coverage.

Sep 12, 2019, 4:31 PM

It is comparable to the SEC Netwrk, just not as mature with programming /content. I like it. It gives more exposure to the ACC and provides I nice revenue stream for its members.

Look ar Saturdays in the fall. 3 additional games on TV: Basketball season will be similar.

I’m happy the ACCN has launched.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:36 PM

Packer's show is pretty good. I've enjoyed many of the games they've aired. About what I expected, much like like the rest of the espn family. A go to channel for particular games.

I'll take wake v uncheat over the twerps v temple, more games to choose from waiting for the Tigers.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:55 PM

Personally, I think it sucks. Money for somebody but short sighted.

What is the biggest ACC market? I'm going out on a limb and say Atlanta, yet Comcast that monopolizes cable in Atlanta doesn't have ACCN.

I would think the ACC would want their product exposed to the maximum amount of viewers possible. Clemson vs GA Tech on a Thursday night, opening game, only college football of interest that night - should have been available to the broadest possible audience (ABC or ESPN) but no, only those with streaming subscription services had access.

Seems short-sighted IMHO but what do I know? I'm sure some egg head MBA who works for the ACC has it figured out.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 11:51 PM

Actually it was available on many cable companies (Charter, Spectrum-Formerly Time Warner, Optimum Altice [A larger Northern Carrier]) along with DirectTV, Sling, and Dish.

Mixed feelings here...

Sep 12, 2019, 8:26 PM

Seemed pretty good out of the gate and Packer show is OK but too dang many repeats and now ole bobby bowden is paying for a 2 hour advertisement, seems like daily.

Also, I am struggling to adjust to watching some of the sporting events shown but that is my old way of thinking. I think it has promise but needs more past games. Why show fsu vs. va over and over again. Surely there are other past ACC games that would be of interest midweek.

I hate the acc Friday games - chump change in my opinion. NCAA football is for Saturdays.

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I throughly enjoy Packer and Durham starting at

Sep 12, 2019, 8:28 PM

7:00 each morning.

About like any other channel. Like some stuff and not so

Sep 12, 2019, 11:10 PM

crazy about other stuff. Better than regular ESPN for sure!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is better than the SECN, if for no other reason than...

Sep 12, 2019, 11:28 PM

Mark Packer is a thousand times better than Finebum

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2019, 11:42 PM

Maybe I have a different viewpoint from the average Tigernetter but I am really impressed so far. Taking into consideration it is a conference network, not a Clemson, I think our Tigers are getting a lot of attention . I think it’s only natural since the Tigers are arguably the best team in the conference. I like Packer and Durham.
It’s a breath of fresh air for a guy who was a season ticket holder from 1974 through 2001. It’s probably better for guys like me who are unable to attend games now than for those of you who are there every home game.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic