Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Germains but when did you know Bammer was in for a long night & Tigers were going to win?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 2,240

Germains but when did you know Bammer was in for a long night & Tigers were going to win?

Jan 25, 2019, 11:21 AM

For Me it was when Tigers went up by 15 at half, and I crazily texted friends we were National Champs.

For Lane Kippin it was same time & scenario for him..especially when Saban allowed the remaining 30 seconds run down end of 1st half and not be aggressive.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bammer was in for a long night? PICK 6***

Jan 25, 2019, 11:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yup, not trying to score before the half.. then the

Jan 25, 2019, 11:28 AM

fake FG.. wow that reeked of desperation

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Germains but when did you know Bammer was in for a long night?

Jan 25, 2019, 11:29 AM

If I were not a Clemson fan, I would have known a lot sooner.

My emotions always keep the result in doubt longer than it needs to be for Clemson wins.

It hit me in the middle of the second half that if I didn't care about either of the teams playing then I would have been able to tell who was going to win sometime in the first half.

Going back and watching, it was easy to see that Clemson was exploiting weaknesses.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:02 PM

Those are pretty much my thoughts. Coming in to the game, I said we'd win by 12, but I was still nervous.

Once Ross scored on the big pass in the 2nd half, it started feeling like we were playing Wake, Duke, NCState, or anyone else. Game over; time to get snacks, sit back, laugh a little and relish in the goodness - just like 12 of the previous games.

Isn't it amazing that the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game against ALABAMA felt that way?

To me the fake field was the death blow to Alabama !***

Jan 25, 2019, 11:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 11:32 AM

About the time the coot I was having dinner with said SEC, no really it was about the time I told the coot to make sure my tea glass was clean right before kickoff!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Germains but when did you know Bammer was in for a long night & Tigers were going to win?

Jan 25, 2019, 11:34 AM

When ex-Tiger prospect McKinney made the very late hit on Ross. It put us close to the Tide red zone and I said......'That's it, we gonna win this thing'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Germains but when did you know Bammer was in for a long night & Tigers were going to win?

Jan 25, 2019, 11:40 AM

I agree. When I saw their secondary getting frustrated and overmatched, I felt the Tigers would continue to exploit it and win.

Jan 25, 2019, 11:44 AM

going into halftime the interview of the sideline reporter with Satan. He was defeated at that point and was coming up with that copycat statement. If they had seen it in the past shouldn't they know how to defend it seeing as they were really never challenged the entire season until they played a decent team? Really looking back it was when Bama went on 4th and 1 at their own 35 yard line I knew Satan was worried about keeping up with our offense and I just felt like our defense would make enough stops to win the game. I felt from the Bama/LSU game that we were the better team and as long as Bama didn't have a month to prepare like last year we would win easily. I still say had we faced Bama in the Championship game last year we would have won that game as well. They had all kinds of time to prepare to beat KB and it showed.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When we continued to dominate them after the 2nd half.......

Jan 25, 2019, 11:44 AM

kickoff and when we continued to score. I was afraid they'd make some major adjustments at halftime and then make the game closer in the 2nd half but it quickly became obvious they hadn't made any adjustments.

Jan 25, 2019, 11:47 AM

When Clemson scored their second TD in the first quarter. You could sense in the stadium that the Tigers had come to play and were not letting up. No fear at all when bama took the lead. The bama fans around us knew they were getting ready to be hammered when the Tigers went up 21-16.

Message was edited by: reynolds®

Message was edited by: reynolds®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would love to say that I knew early, but since

Jan 25, 2019, 11:55 AM

we all had heard so much build up of their greatest offense, and Saban's best team ever, combined with the fact that they have been good for so long, that we, or least I didn't feel really good until midway through the third quarter. I was optimistic earlier because anyone including myself could see that we were dominating the trenches...

When they were up 28-0 on Oklahoma***

Jan 25, 2019, 11:49 AM

For me...

Jan 25, 2019, 11:51 AM

it was the ill-advised fake fieldgoal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jan 25, 2019, 11:55 AM

When Saban went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 35...that’s when I knew that he knew that they were in trouble and in for a long night...therefore I knew also!

When KB said he was transferring***

Jan 25, 2019, 11:56 AM

After scouting Bama's games.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:25 PM

Old MS, Ar Kansas, UGAy and Oklahomo. Remember, I predicted a 34-17 game and that 17 would feel more like 30? Member?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2019, 12:27 PM

When I heard "Gimme Shelter" as the theme song (it was the theme song from 2016 as well) and when I saw Wilkins with #90 painted on his face.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:43 PM

Definitely. When I saw the 90, I knew the defense wasn't going to give up many points.

Jan 25, 2019, 12:37 PM

Going to sound weird, but as an ex-football player, when dinosaurs had to be run off the field, the teams coming out for the second half. Clemson bounced out, full of energy and excitement: Bama players kind of moseyed out, like "we got to finish this thing" and less than excited. I knew it was over then.

When Travis went in easily from 17 yds out***

Jan 25, 2019, 1:17 PM

when we were up 4 TDs at the start of the 4th quarter***

Jan 25, 2019, 2:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Two answers: 1) In my heart: Pick 6. 2) In my head: Not 'til

Jan 25, 2019, 2:48 PM

the 4th down stop by Ferrell on Tua.

I just kept expecting to see some kind of Bama comeback, but even if that had happened, I was sure we were going to win pretty early. We just wanted it WAY more than they did. I knew when we pick 6ed the mighty Tua, we were going to play with confidence all night. And Bama eventually had no answers AND eventually they quit. When we stopped Hurts it was clearly, fully, and finally OVER.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 2,240
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic