Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
whoa..Geo Washington Students voted to remove Offensive nickname COLONIALS & sub with..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

whoa..Geo Washington Students voted to remove Offensive nickname COLONIALS & sub with..

Apr 3, 2019, 8:51 PM

two obsure animals. OMG!

Next vote will probably be to scratch GW for Tillman!

LoL.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Vote taking place tomorrow at William & Mary

Apr 3, 2019, 8:55 PM

to change school name to Berock & Bernie.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

mR. bUlB!!! How DARE you use the “C” word on this family-friendly site!!!

Apr 3, 2019, 8:58 PM

So are these dumb ace George Washington students gonna come down to Columbia and protest the Colonial Life Arena and get it changed to Life Arena?

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: mR. bUlB!!! How DARE you use the “C” word on this family-friendly site!!!

Apr 3, 2019, 11:49 PM

The word life is offensive to everyone who has ever died

George Washington owned slaves and

Apr 3, 2019, 9:13 PM

Yale wanted all trade ships to carry slaves and made a fortune doing so. When are these idiots going to demand their school be renamed as well?

oh it's coming add TJ as well***

Apr 4, 2019, 3:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whoa..Geo Washington Students voted to remove Offensive nickname COLONIALS & sub with..

Apr 3, 2019, 9:20 PM

So their new mascots are a male and female gamecock?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Re: whoa..Geo Washington Students voted to remove Offensive nickname COLONIALS & sub with..

Apr 3, 2019, 9:27 PM

my dad use to say that the only straight politician is one laid out in a coffin.one of my favorite bumper stickers:"help fight organized crime.don't re-elect anyone".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Society always gets what it asks for and deserves.

Apr 3, 2019, 9:22 PM

Unfortunately, society is made up of lots of people, and many of those people have to suffer from the wants and desires of others.

"My people perish for a lack of knowledge."

They were called "colonials" not because the loved "colonialism", but because they were subject to it, and we should thank God that enough of those "colonials" despised "colonialism" enough so that they were able to throw off the chains of colonialism and create a government of a such a type and scope that had never been seen before in our planet's history.

And for all it wrongs and its imperfections, the world would be a MUCH worse place than it is today if these "colonials" hadn't had the courage, intelligence, and selflessness to do what they were capable and willing to do.

God bless "The Sons of Liberty", God bless the "Winter Soldiers", God bless the "Patriots", God bless the "Over the Mountain Men", and God bless George Washington and all those who fought and bled and died with him and his lieutenants!

Re: Society always gets what it asks for and deserves.

Apr 3, 2019, 9:26 PM

Salute to BengalBilly!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 3, 2019, 9:29 PM

amen!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 3, 2019, 9:33 PM

forgot to ask.how long will it be before this word is on the list of unspeakables,because it contains the 3 letter M word?

null

Apr 3, 2019, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Society always gets what it asks for and deserves. ]

And salute to Zee and all those whose blood still runs hot with the spirit of the "Three Percenters!"

What is a "three percenter"?

Apr 4, 2019, 9:55 AM

Curious and I wanted to get you off the dreaded 666.

It is estimated that a third of the colonists side with

Apr 4, 2019, 11:45 AM

the rebellion. (A third were loyalists and third [tried to] sit on the fence.) But it's also estimated that only three percent actually actively and outwardly participated in fighting on the patriots side.

P.S. There is an organization that recognizes this fact and uses it to suggest that it doesn't take a majority obtain (or retain) freedom, but just a well-motivated minority (https://www.thethreepercenters.org/about-us)

Well said Billy!! ....

Apr 3, 2019, 10:30 PM [ in reply to Society always gets what it asks for and deserves. ]

.... Well said!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 4, 2019, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Society always gets what it asks for and deserves. ]

Unfortunately, kids growing up today aren’t taught that way, and the next generation will never know the truth.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WAIT - Calling the suggested New Nickname

Apr 3, 2019, 9:53 PM

isn't offensive to women?

The new suggested nickname MAY BE Hippos!

I'm sure the women's teams will love to be called HIPPOS!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Why does Oregon State get a pass?

Apr 3, 2019, 9:57 PM

??

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does Oregon State get a pass?

Apr 4, 2019, 12:03 AM

Because who doesn’t like a furry beaver? Duh!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why does Oregon State get a pass?

Apr 4, 2019, 8:58 AM

Especially recently stuffed wons?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its hard not to cheer for a beaver***

Apr 4, 2019, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Why does Oregon State get a pass? ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds appropriate.

Apr 3, 2019, 10:06 PM [ in reply to WAIT - Calling the suggested New Nickname ]

Short for "Hippo-crits."

Re: WAIT - Calling the suggested New Nickname

Apr 4, 2019, 8:06 PM [ in reply to WAIT - Calling the suggested New Nickname ]

I’m thinking - probably Hippoettes ? Maybe.... ? -:D

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Apr 4, 2019, 12:21 AM

it doesn't take much to be offended these days. SMH

Apr 4, 2019, 5:49 AM

Bill we are in one messed up world! I am afraid that by the time many realize it, that it will be to late.

You are a Tigernet ICON lightbulbbill!

Barack Obama Fighting Globalists ...

Apr 4, 2019, 8:54 AM

That's my prediction.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, if they were really smart...

Apr 4, 2019, 10:08 AM

which I doubt, they could change their name to the "Patriots" and even keep the same mascot costume. And defuse the negativity.

Re: You know, if they were really smart...

Apr 4, 2019, 11:35 AM

Well, considering that George Mason aka the "Patriots" is right across the river... not sure that will fly. They do not want to associate with the "poors" at a state-supported school.

Apr 4, 2019, 11:33 AM

That is *rich* (seriously), as their tuition requires absurd money.

A bunch of privileged (mostly) white kids taking offense to the part of the name used for a bunch of mostly poor, disenfranchised and often indentured servants at a school named after a rich dude in chocolate city.... named after said rich dude. Wut.

I guess they missed the memo that they ARE the colonist. Especially in DC.

It is the most beckyist thing beckys have ever beckyed. At least since the GW students "occupied" Lafayette Squared to protest and then complained about the homeless they displaced messing with their stuff they left out. If you find the "name of your school" offensive, DON'T go there. It isn't a public school so "speak" with your tuition money.

Take a play from the other school that you did not get into and name your mascot after "what rocks!" aka jack.

This ticks me off as someone who used to take the bus past GW to get work while living in DC. I did not like GW before but boy-howdy.

The mascot should be changed

Apr 4, 2019, 12:26 PM

to either an ostrich or the Mile-or-Mo bird.

Apr 4, 2019, 8:11 PM

The post and its instigator tone and the supporting response reeks of racism. Sorry to see that some of them may be clemson grads

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic