Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I gotta admit, UGA is being annoying grabbing all the OL's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

I gotta admit, UGA is being annoying grabbing all the OL's

Dec 10, 2018, 4:35 PM

They are really our biggest rival that we don't play often enough.

We should be playing every year.

Let Georgia Tech and South Carolina have each other. Nobody likes them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I gotta admit, UGA is being annoying grabbing all the OL's

Dec 10, 2018, 4:40 PM

I dont understand how they manage to get so many high rated OL. Particularly when a more successful program is 100 miles away and can only get1 a year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they have an ace OL recruiter.***

Dec 10, 2018, 4:42 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does it come with free checking?***

Dec 10, 2018, 4:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anonymous gift cards... Can't be 'checked'...***

Dec 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geez..Dawgs always got better RB’s & now Olinemen!

Dec 10, 2018, 4:58 PM

We r Screwwed!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: I gotta admit, UGA is being annoying grabbing all the OL's ]

Good OL coach/recruiter in a program with a great history of RB's and OL in an area with good OL talent..

Dec 10, 2018, 6:49 PM

Who is their OL recruiter? I agree, I am really shocked at how many OL they get. I think it's easier to block for a power running game and much more difficult for RPO's. Our system requires OL to be more physically fit for more plays per game plus probably need a higher level of understanding of offense.

Dec 10, 2018, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: I gotta admit, UGA is being annoying grabbing all the OL's ]

Why can't we get any of them? With the skills position players we get, can't understand what O-Lineman wouldn't want to be apart of our offense. Additionally, they would get to go up against great D-Lineman every day in practice. Something about that position is not connecting with these young men. In most cases it boils down to not being to relate to position coach. May be time for a change...but in the end I trust Dabo knows what's best.

as long as they don't choke we will get a chance to play em

Dec 10, 2018, 5:02 PM

every year in the CFP.

Dec 10, 2018, 5:11 PM

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fthesandtrap.com%2Fuploads%2Fstatic_huddler%2Fe%2Fe7%2Fe78e85b0_cold-blooded-meme.jpeg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fthesandtrap.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F81737-looking-for-a-fellow-tst-member-and-hopefully-a-new-york-resident-to-play-bethpage-black-on-june-16th%2F&tbnid=DZqvWw7LOQWUDM&vet=1&docid=eu83DZJYIjf8jM&w=625&h=421&hl=en-us&client=safari&ved=0CDQQMyh8ahcKEwjYvKLQpJbfAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAg

Dec 10, 2018, 5:17 PM

Reminds me of their BCS hay days. Hopefully it will be as fruitful for them this go around as last.

A W versus Hawaii.

And they're going to need it (Oline) for the Dline we bring to the next game we play them in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 5:26 PM

I heard this morning it was based on his major. He wants to be a lawyer

Yes we should beat UGAg every year like a drum. If they wouldn't have choked against Bama, it could've been a possibility

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 6:09 PM

Did you happen to notice that they are out-recruiting us beyond description? That stuff eventually tells. Player development will only cover up so much.

Dec 10, 2018, 6:17 PM

Depends on how you look at it. If you break it down position by position why isn't Ga putting DE's, DL, QB's, WR's in the NFL? They can't hold a Christmas candle to CU at those positions. They claim to be RBU yet the Tigers produce there as well

I won't complain signing a Top 5 class

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 6:27 PM

potatoes and gravy® I might be wrong; but I think folks are looking at just Kirby Smarts tenure at UGA. So far in his time they have gotten the better OL. So to your point; not enough time has passed to have put kids he recruited in the NFL yet.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I gotta admit, UGA is being annoying grabbing all the OL's ]

Really?? Seen who've then been recruiting? Dream on!

Did I miss something????

Dec 10, 2018, 6:44 PM

Is UGA playing on the 29th???

We.....are.....fine!!

Go Tigers!!!

Dec 10, 2018, 5:26 PM

I think they just want to play in a pro style offense.

It must be Kirby/Nick OL philosophy

Dec 10, 2018, 5:31 PM

You build a football team inside out. IF you have an outstanding RB or QB or WR group but your OL sucks. . . none of the before mentioned get a chance to show what they can do. Not before the play is blown up already!
Kirby must be saying: "worked with Satan all those years and I know how to get you to the league"! Believe it or not many of these kids - gasp - don't just play for a free education and school spirit. They tell them how many scouts they know. How the talented backs they will bring in will bring in all sorts of attention to the OL. And BaDa Bing; you get top shelf OL recruits.

Re: It must be Kirby/Nick OL philosophy

Dec 10, 2018, 6:13 PM

So does this "revelation" help us win? I think not.

Dude, we are in the CFP for the 4th year in a row, poor

Dec 10, 2018, 6:39 PM

us!

It is like winning the lottery isn’t enough, it needs to be at least a $200M jackpot or you’re not happy.

Life is too short to be this cynical.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It must be Kirby/Nick OL philosophy

Dec 10, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to It must be Kirby/Nick OL philosophy ]

Sabans offense is between the tackles.

I knw wht u mean. U want 2 get greedy a bit w/OL

Dec 10, 2018, 5:40 PM

One would think we have had some epic battles with Bamer! They have 5 star DL talent. We maybe get 1 or 2 4 or 5 star talents and the rest maybe got an offer from App St. But, we work with what we got and beat teams with higher rated stars across the line from them. See Boise State for years not getting top tier talent! Oregon actually for a time during their run w/C.Kelly were not getting top 20 classes(beginning).

3 star OL in my opinion should know coming in they will red shirt. Off gate with no chance of seeing the field the 1st year they are in school. If they are a 3 star they don't have something physically more than likely. It likely won't be height or they wouldn't even be a 3 star. It will likely be weight/strength/footwork/agility/leverage. Things a year of a college strength and conditioning program can increase! But, only if the kid has the heart/desire and mental make up to grow!

Dec 10, 2018, 5:48 PM

Because they want to play in yhay antique pro style offense...then they go to the pros and don’t do #### because 95% of teams are transitioning to the spread and they are too fckn fat to translate.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Dec 10, 2018, 6:03 PM

For what ever reason, we don't recruit particularly well. Why is this? I donj't know, but we have people who are being paid millions a year to figure this out. Hopefully they will start to do this. One can only hope.

Dec 10, 2018, 6:34 PM

It seems to me that we are very honest with guys and tell them they have to earn everything and buy into the program.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2018, 7:00 PM

Sooner or later they will figure out they all won't play and the OL signees will slow down at UGA. It has seemed strange how that part of recruiting has gone the past couple years and if it has to do with a Major so be it, the young man has his priorities in line. Nor every OL wants to be a lawyer or Veternarian.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic