Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gamecock fans views 5 years ago
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Gamecock fans views 5 years ago

Nov 16, 2018, 12:01 AM

I have no idea how I came across this but check it out. It really shows how much things have changed in nearly 5 years. In this thread they arrogantly say how they've surpassed Clemson as a program and that the gap is only going to get wider.

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Board/44/Contents/Did-Walt-Deptula-25820287/

There are a few real classic replies in there where almost everything said turned out to be completely turned on its head.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gamecock fans views 5 years ago

Nov 16, 2018, 12:44 AM

I liked this one:

I wonder if TheRoosterCrows is still crowing, or just choking on his own vomit.

"Let's see....we gave em da thumb this year, next year we'll give them da finger, and in 5 years when we give em da other thumb... that will be two hands worth and we can all clap about it!

And clemson fans will still be living in denial, talk'n bout history and da title that they are so proud about cheat'n to get.

You can't FIX stupyyyyyyyyyd."

LOLOL at TheDumbRooster

Nov 16, 2018, 1:55 AM

Yep, we were in Uof5uck’s rear view mirror and they were pulling away.

Now we are cycling out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 16, 2018, 3:59 AM

Its a shape you can't reply to the thread and bump it back to the top of the forum.

It’s funny between reading stuff like this and other things

Nov 16, 2018, 5:55 AM

about how we were supposed to be firmly planted in their rear view mirror. It was obvious by year #5 that we had passed them as a program. Even Spurrier himself called Swinney and told him he didn’t know how he won that last game. Anyone watching that game could plainly see that Clemson had the better athletes we just crapped in the bed mainly due to Chad Morris’ play calling and just some uncharacteristic turnovers. That year’s SC team may be the biggest joke to have ever finished in the top five and the next two seasons proved that.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s funny between reading stuff like this and other things

Nov 16, 2018, 7:32 AM

Ditto this ‘16. I have always thought there wete two of ‘the five’ we could (‘should’) have won, if not for turnovers, big plays on their part - Connor Shaw was a gamer!

The thought just occurred to me (for two of their five game streak):

“At the end of the day, they were not really that much better than us, if at all”

Sure glad Tajh never said that.... ??

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 16, 2018, 6:15 AM

I heard that back then from so many dirtpecker people. They were giving me ####. Now they are nowhere to be found. GO TIGERS

I found this one to be particularly humorous

Nov 16, 2018, 6:21 AM

You're giving Clemson way too much credit. They are not Penn State, Michigan, and Nebraska- not close. They were always an average program until they started cheating in late 70s leading to a tainted championship. And we have absolutely passed them by as a PROGRAM at this point. We are in a superior conference, we have a superior coach, we now have way more money ( and that discrepancy will continue to get even wider with SEC TV deal) and we have beaten the crap out of them for 5 years in games that have never even been close. Arguing that their program is better at this point flies in the face of reality.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I found this one to be particularly humorous

Nov 16, 2018, 7:42 AM

And their program only excelled when they began to use steroids, the Whitney and Tank Black to help!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pulling "muh conference" even in the midst of their best run***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:31 AM [ in reply to I found this one to be particularly humorous ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson is not and will never be PennState, Nebraska, or Mi

Nov 16, 2018, 7:59 AM

chigan."

ROTFL

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: USCe board

Nov 16, 2018, 8:16 AM

Someone should post that on one of their fan sites, I wonder what their reactions would be?

Nov 16, 2018, 9:11 AM

Classic. They forget how much they ran their mouth. Now that we've had all of this success that they could never imagine having for themselves....they yell foul when we run our mouths a little. Classic.

they really thought 2011-13 was gonna be our "best years"***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:40 AM

not just fans, their media was delusional also

Nov 16, 2018, 9:14 AM

I just love re-reading this article every chance I get.

https://southcarolina.rivals.com/news/hood-new-deals-reflect-rivalrys-new-reality

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: not just fans, their media was delusional also

Nov 16, 2018, 10:26 AM

Thanks for that reminder. It is fantastic of how coots crumbled (castles built on sand). Investments are more than just paychecks. USC focused on us, we focused on the future.

Wow that article is hilarious. So smug. My favorite

Nov 16, 2018, 11:28 AM [ in reply to not just fans, their media was delusional also ]

part is this:

“Let's assume he coaches the Gamecocks for another five years. How much will his successor earn annually? $5 million? $6 million? Higher? Bet on the latter.
Which means, of course, plenty of big name coaches will eagerly apply for the job when it finally comes open years down the road.”

Too funny. They haven’t beaten Clemson since this article was written, Spurrier lasted another season and a half, going 7-6 and 2-4, and the hiring process was a fiasco involving Rich Rod, Smart, Elliot, Herman, Riley...finally landing on a guy that couldn’t succeed at Florida.

null

So, beating Clemson 5 years in a row made them that

Nov 16, 2018, 12:40 PM [ in reply to not just fans, their media was delusional also ]

pretentious? Makes their current basement dwelling status that much more enjoyable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

It's not a rivalry

Nov 16, 2018, 9:24 AM

It's more like a domination

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't poke the Tiger !!!!***

Nov 16, 2018, 9:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Wow, just wow....the last comment from a coot says....

Nov 16, 2018, 9:50 AM

TheRoosterCrows
TheRoosterCrows
Bronze Spur
(8143)
134 months
Jan 9, 2014

Let's see....we gave em da thumb this year, next year we'll give them da finger, and in 5 years when we give em da other thumb... that will be two hands worth and we can all clap about it!

And clemson fans will still be living in denial, talk'n bout history and da title that they are so proud about cheat'n to get.

You can't FIX stupyyyyyyyyyd.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Certainly a feather in Deptula's cap.

Nov 16, 2018, 10:00 AM

Occasionally he is prescient

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 16, 2018, 11:37 AM

bumping for this week***

Nov 19, 2018, 12:37 PM

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic