Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Most impressive play ever by a Clemson FB player? Dibs on...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Most impressive play ever by a Clemson FB player? Dibs on...

Feb 23, 2015, 9:02 PM

CJ vs GT (who brought Megatron into the valley only to be completely shut down)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFIT-3gcAR8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

love, love, love CJ... The man and the player!***

Feb 23, 2015, 9:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gaines Adams TD against Wake***

Feb 23, 2015, 9:11 PM

Re: Gaines Adams TD against Wake***

Feb 23, 2015, 9:22 PM

That play was huge. I remember praying halftime for a miracle, and it happened.

Re: Gaines Adams TD against Wake***

Feb 23, 2015, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Gaines Adams TD against Wake*** ]

It was the day of my parent's 50 year wedding anniversary. I had traveled to West Columbia for the celebration. My dad, who was battling cancer, and I watched the game from his living room. We watched until WF was lining up for their field goal attempt. I turned the TV off and we left for his church where the party was being held. Luckily, it was being recorded.

I grew up in the church and there was a huge gamecock fan who I verbally battled (good natured) every Sunday after a game. He walked in...looked at me and said...heck of a game. I said "yeah, I guess you enjoyed it"...he looked at me and started laughing..."you don't even know do you?" "What?" "Clemson came back and won"...

Now this was just the sort of thing we would do to each other so I couldn't believe him...Then he told me the final score and I really didn't believe him. Had to go out and find a radio to confirm it.

My dad and I watched the game when we got home. It was the final game I got to watch with him, as we lost him that December.

Gaines will always be my favorite Tiger for giving us that last game that day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great play! LOVED IT!!!! was there!

Feb 23, 2015, 10:33 PM [ in reply to Gaines Adams TD against Wake*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpiBMk-qVq8

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Jamie Harper @Auburn

Feb 23, 2015, 9:16 PM

2010. One of the toughest defeats I've ever seen live but fantastic wheel route.

Woody's TD scramble as the half ends @ GT in 01.

Feb 23, 2015, 9:19 PM

He had a handful of GREAT runs, but that's the one I always think of 1st. About the 52 minute mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq9XjWs7I5I

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Woody's TD scramble as the half ends @ GT in 01.

Feb 23, 2015, 10:04 PM

I remember that like yesterday and the call by Jim Phillips...what a performance by Woody!!!

Sammy's kick return against Maryland

Feb 24, 2015, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Woody's TD scramble as the half ends @ GT in 01. ]

gave us a spark that helped us win the game.

You already have mine, and the link to it! Well done sir!***

Feb 23, 2015, 9:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hard to argue with anyone who says Gaines or Dantzler,

Feb 23, 2015, 9:37 PM

because both of those were so critical in the timing in which your best player makes the play they have to in order to flip momentum. Both plays certainly fit that mold to a T. CJ's play was just lateral quickness, then full speed in 2 steps. I'd never seen that in a Clemson orange uniform. Only Barry Sanders in that weird OKSt. weird orange and black, and Detroits blue and silver.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#1 = Butler catch vs SCAR, #2 = Gardner catch vs SCAR, #3 =

Feb 23, 2015, 9:21 PM

#3 = Willie Underwood pick 6 vs SCAR

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep........that was the start of many good things!***

Feb 23, 2015, 10:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

William Perry's blocked punt....

Feb 23, 2015, 9:36 PM

PERRY'S BLOCKED PUNT
1984 Wake Forest Game
I could do a top-10 list of greatest William Perry plays, but you really need to see the video to believe them. His most incredible play in my mind took place against Wake Forest on November 3, 1984.

Clemson was leading 13-0 in the second quarter when the Demon Deacons faced a fourth-and-one at the Clemson 43. Head Coach Danny Ford thought Wake Forest might go for it on fourth down, so he left his defense on the field.

That meant Perry was on the field as the middle guard, going head-up over the snapper. Perry bullrushed with such force that he sent the blocking back airborne as punter Harry Newsome punted the ball off the rear end of his blocking back. The ball caromed backwards all the way to the Tiger 21, 36 yards downfield from the line of scrimmage, where Jeff Wells recovered for the Tigers.

After a meeting in the press box, we decided to give Perry a blocked punt, even though no part of his body touched the ball. However, his pure strength caused the blocked punt and he was thus credited with a 36-yard punt return.
http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205714901

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Most impressive play ever by a Clemson FB player? Dibs on...

Feb 23, 2015, 9:49 PM

dunham's helmet separating tackle of matt ryan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Does NFL Woody Dantzler count?

Feb 23, 2015, 9:55 PM

http://youtu.be/MmnAu5pUg8A

I'd say Jeff Bryant Fumble recovery against UNC 1981

Feb 23, 2015, 9:54 PM

A game we probably should've lost but found a way with a little lady luck to win

I liked Sammy Watkins' 77 yard TD vs UGA 2013

Feb 23, 2015, 9:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BnbLIC5yyM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I liked Sammy Watkins' 77 yard TD vs UGA 2013

Feb 23, 2015, 10:13 PM

Sammy's play was huge bc it came on the ensuing drive after UGA's Gurley took a toss sweep to the house for 40+ yards and silenced the crowd. I think everyone was thinking "uh oh... Here we go again" but that play let UGA know we came to play, and definitely set the tone for the rest of the game andhelped keep the valley rocking.

Was at that and Gardener's "The Catch 2" game. Both gave me goosebumps and both had DV about as loud as I've heard it.

Was so worried our FG kicker was gonna botch the kick after gardener's catch.

It was like a par 3 where you get all excited about leaving yourself a 5' birdie putt that that you push right and 8' past the cup.

Re: I liked Sammy Watkins' 77 yard TD vs UGA 2013

Feb 23, 2015, 10:16 PM

Cj Spiller's td run vs Georgia Tech in 2006.

Artavis Scott high-fives coot.***

Feb 23, 2015, 10:00 PM

"The Catch" 1977....Jerry Butler crushes usuck's hopes

Feb 23, 2015, 10:46 PM

of an improbably comeback victory.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe this was the play that started the FL SUPERSTARS to Clemson pipeline***

Feb 24, 2015, 7:37 AM

Re: I believe this was the play that started the FL SUPERSTARS to Clemson pipeline***

Feb 24, 2015, 12:55 PM

Now why in the world would anyone other than a "hate us cause they ain't us" coot (majority population on this board) TD this post?

There's a reason why my pulse is low, and It's has a lot to do with my posts hitting coots hard and deep. Lotta jelly beans and peanut butter and jellys and jell-o (otherwise known as butthurt coots) looking to damage my credibility

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic