Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny Tajh Boyd story from Packer show yest morning..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,208

Funny Tajh Boyd story from Packer show yest morning..

Aug 30, 2019, 4:08 PM

They were asking TB about the LSU game. Tajh said, well, I was sacked on 3rd down. We called a TO. I was on the sideline with Coach Morris and Coach Swinney and Dabo said, what do y'all like. TB said, "i don't know." Then went on to make fun of himself saying, I was no DW4 in the Natty saying "Lets go be legendary," I said I don't know.
I think he said it was Brandon Ford maybe that suggested the 4th down call, said it was open earlier in the game when they ran it, even though it was unsuccessful early.

TB is an awesome Clemson ambassador and all around good dude. So glad he's a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Funny Tajh Boyd story from Packer show yest morning..

Aug 30, 2019, 4:24 PM

Easily my favorite Clemson Ex-player as far as personality. Actually came and sat at my table with me and my kids and a Mexican restaurant once and chatted with us. A truly nice guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2019, 4:30 PM

I have a family friend named Austin Boucher. Austin is a big Ohio State fan and 3 star QB that graduated in 2009. His dream as a kid was to be a Buckeye.

For the class or 2009 there was one open scholarship for QB for the Buckeyes. It was between 5 star Tajh Boyd and 3 star Austin Boucher. Jim Tressel told Austin that if they dont get Tajh then the scholarship will be offered to him but he felt very strongly that Tajh could be a Buckeye.

A few days before Boyd was to announce he told Jim Tressel he was committing to them on Monday. Ohio State then contacted Austin and told him that Tajh was committing and that he would need to look at his secondary school. Austin then calls Miami of Ohio's coaching staff to tell them he will be committing to them.

Tajh Boyd then announces for Clemson without giving any word to anyone at Ohio State. Jim Tressel calls Austin and offers him a scholarship. Austin turns down his dream to honor his word to Miami because he didnt want to be like Tajh.

But that's a 18 year old kids for ya. I am sure Tajh has grown up.

That's an interesting story, and no offense meant, but your friend made a poor choice

Aug 30, 2019, 5:19 PM

IMO. Coaches come and go, recruits change their mind. Guy had a chance to go to a better school and play for his dream school but made an agreement based on info that then changed. If he were my son, I'd tell him to pursue his dreams, go to OhSt.
Seems like you want this to reflect negatively on TB.. for me it doesn't.
Again, not trolling or trying to stir anything up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 30, 2019, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny Tajh Boyd story from Packer show yest morning.. ]

great story. ALways glad when Ohio State loses out on a guy or a game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t believe your story.

Aug 30, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny Tajh Boyd story from Packer show yest morning.. ]

And not because of you, but Tressel or even your qb friend. I can respect Tressel for not over promising, but understand he was still trying to sell the spot to your buddy at that point as all other options were gone for him.

I also think you friend was silly for not taking the OSU gig. Dreams are dreams. That was a mistake IMO. He can only work with the info he’s been told.

Aug 30, 2019, 6:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Funny Tajh Boyd story from Packer show yest morning.. ]

until you put your name on the dotted line, you go wherever you want to, and there is nothing wrong with that. college teams routinely screw young men by not honoring wink and nod agreements.

Aug 30, 2019, 6:25 PM

I thought it was DeAndre who said that particular play would be open?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,208
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic