Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
From SI in the last hour...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

From SI in the last hour...

Aug 3, 2018, 7:53 PM

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/08/03/urban-meyer-ohio-state-zach-smith-domestic-violence-statement

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems pretty simple to me

Aug 3, 2018, 7:57 PM

He knew but he reported it (Smith himself says the AD talked with him) but for some stupid reason he lied about it.
I think Meyer will stay but may get a slap in the wrist for lying.
Look for the AD or higher up to get fired. That’s where the buck stopped.

Re: Seems pretty simple to me

Aug 3, 2018, 8:04 PM

Wonder how recruit's mothers will take this news? Not too good I suspect.

Re: Seems pretty simple to me

Aug 3, 2018, 9:18 PM

Most of these FB players aren't virgins of seeing or knowing about abuse in their family or their friends families, and I don't think it will hurt their recruiting at all!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree allorange. If people just knew the

Aug 3, 2018, 9:55 PM

stuff that goes on in Division 1 recruiting this is nothing that will leave a black mark on OSU recruiting long term. Sorry for the metaphor.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From SI in the last hour...

Aug 3, 2018, 9:28 PM

Many need to take a chill pill and think about the differences perspectives based upon some apparent differences in interpretation of events. Here is my perspective on why this happened and seems so unseemly.

Zack Smith has had numerous incidents with his wife. My understanding is 9 police reports since before 2009. It is important to remember that NONE of these incidents resulted in Zack Smith being charged with domestic violence. The one in 2009 would have resulted in charges except Mrs Smith dropped the charges after being requested to do so by Eale Bruce, the famous OSU coach and grandfather of Zack Smith (and close friend of Meyer).

Some of these incidence have been disputed by Zack Smith but they have resulted in a divorce action and recently resulted in an Order of Protection for his ex-wife. He violated this Order of Protection in July, 2018 and was fired.

In 2015 Mrs Smith reported an incident to police. Apparently the incident was reported to OSU at least as high as the AD. The police chose not to charge Zack Smith (again). The investigation determined that no crime was charged and no discipline was given to Zack Smith by OSU. Meyer talked to Smith about the incident and Smith indicated he has never "hit" his wife. (He didn't talk about other forms of abuse). Meyer chose to believe Smith.

I can only assume that Meyer felt the incident was investigated by police and OSU AD and he apparently believed there was doubt as to what, if anything, happened.

In the B1G interview he still expressed a view that nothing other than a private incident happened. He was wrong to characterize the incident as "nothing happened". Did he lie or just have a different perspective? You can be the judge.

The issue in my mind is now about OSU handling of the incident. Is it appropriate to fire a coach who is going through an ugly divorce when no legal charges have been filed. Having managed 1000+ people at times, I would hate to be judged by any incident that I had no real evidence to substantiate the claims. Should OSU Ad have fired Smith in 2015? You be the judge.

Did OSU do something terribly wrong? Did Meyer lie? The facts are still coming out but jumping to judgement by the masses may be one of numerous wrongs that may have occurred in this case. You be the judge. I personal will reserve judgement and give some grace to those making tough decisions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2018, 9:43 PM

From all I’ve read herein and on other sources I personally believe gets a personnel reprimand, letter of notice for his permanent file and some type of fine and suspension by the university and perhaps the conference with the clear understanding he has used his last “get out of jail free card.”

Aug 3, 2018, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: From SI in the last hour... ]

1. You have spent way too much time thinking about this.
2. Urban lied. The statement crafted by a round table of OSU lawyers and released by him says as much.
3. He is just another win at all costs coach.
4. He will not be fired. The statement is the tell. It is damage control.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 11:50 AM

Since when does a coach have to be totally truthful to the media. If that is the case, they can ask anything and expect to get the truth.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: From SI in the last hour

Aug 3, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: From SI in the last hour... ]

The problem is people defending urban are trying to use the criminal standard of proof (beyond a reasonable doubt) as the standard by which universities hold their students and staff to. They do not have to use that high standard nor should they - if you see smoke, you call for the fire department, you don’t wait until you’ve seen the fire burning for 5 minutes to make the call.

At a minimum, some sort of action should have been taken and documented after the 2015 incident. At that point he had one confirmed incident under his belt, and a second one alleged to have happened. Does the ex need to be killed before something is done? A suspension, write up, or anything to show the university didn’t simply disregard the case.

Message was edited by: 12BravoCU09

Aug 3, 2018, 11:19 PM

^^^^ Did anyone even get a slap on the wrist at UNCheat???? Geez. Talk about lying, cheating, low-life sorry excuse for a university of higher learning - UNCheat should be shut down, and Swofford tar-and-feathered for protecting that POS school.

So my point is - if UNCheat escaped with barely a little slap, then Meyer should not even have to go to bed without supper.

Aug 4, 2018, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: From SI in the last hour ]

He has come out since all this has come about and has said that when he knew, and it was back in 2015, and he took it to his AD, he done his job....

Aug 4, 2018, 4:24 AM [ in reply to Re: From SI in the last hour... ]

Excellent post NCTiger75. We live in a society that assume guilt and you prove you are innocent. It’s said that the irresponsible media are so quick to destroy a person fact or fiction just to get a headline!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic