Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
$$$$$$$$$$ And Nore $$$$$$$$$$$
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,297

$$$$$$$$$$ And Nore $$$$$$$$$$$

Apr 9, 2019, 2:40 PM

Have any of you attempted to put a price tag on the amount of free publicity Clemson has received due to our being the National Football Champions? Just the championship game and the pre and post game hoopla alone was worth millions. I don't know the cost of a one minute ad during the championship game but it wasn't pocket change and we got about 240 minutes minimum.

Add in the publicity leading up to the game and the time after the game on national and local TV plus talk shows and newspaper articles and photos. And we continue to garner publicity every day. Clemson has received millions of dollars in free publicity. It would be interesting to see an educated estimate of this free publicity.

The dividends from our championship and free publicity is reflected in our recruiting success and increased applications for admission from all across the entire United States. Success such as this generates interest and financial contributions, not only in our athletic program, but our academic programs as well.

And I haven't even touched on the benefits that accrue to the State of South Carolina and the City of Clemson plus a host of other entities.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chances are good that Clemson itself runs those numbers

Apr 9, 2019, 2:51 PM

They've released similar statistics in the past.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And it's not over

Apr 9, 2019, 3:41 PM

When football cranks back up they'll replay the game a couple of times in prime time and the season will start off talking about Clemson whipping Bama.

The one thing I hope we don't do is grow our student body any more than already planned. I know the publicity drives applications which drives selectivity but IMO Clemson's study body is starting to get too big. And Lord knows the town can't handle many more people.

Sure, Joe.

Apr 9, 2019, 6:10 PM

Clemson has gotten somewhere around 5% of what Alabama got over the last 12 or 15 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: $$$$$$$$$$ And Nore $$$$$$$$$$$

Apr 9, 2019, 6:15 PM

I am a graduate of Coastal Carolina who won the College World Series a few years ago. Although I think the figure was very optimistic, they had an economist estimate that when you figured in everything all the way through the uptick in applicants that the value to the university was around $100 million. You might need some more dollar signs.

Forbes

Apr 9, 2019, 7:20 PM

Forbes ran this article last year about the impact on.....pretty much everything....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2018/09/23/dabo-swinney-the-clemson-tigers-and-the-genius-of-rising-inequality/#16c208f64cc4

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,297
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic