Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those ripping DW and getting down on him you do realize
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,254

For those ripping DW and getting down on him you do realize

Sep 16, 2018, 4:51 PM

this is only his ninth NFL regular season game? He is still a rookie and is not a seasoned vet. If he had a year or two under his belt than perhaps certain tendencies of his would be an issue. He is not and rookies have a learning curve from college. I'd say he is doing pretty #### well for a rookie and the upside is tremendous. Some of the comments about him on here go from the ridiculous to ignorant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those ripping DW and getting down on him you do realize

Sep 16, 2018, 4:54 PM

No true Tigers would say a disparraging word about DW4!

Go Tigers!!! And go Texans!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 16, 2018, 5:42 PM

I agree. Need to get down on yourself for bad mouthing DW.A fine young man and a CLENSON TIGER.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, I just read the espn game summary

Sep 16, 2018, 5:00 PM

and there was absolutely nothing about that being a bone-headed play. He got a deep completion to Hopkins and then just ran out of time. Not only was it not a bone-headed play, it's something that's happened to pretty much every good quarterback in the league through history.

Watched part of the game only for the mere fact to watch

Sep 16, 2018, 5:10 PM

Watson. Make no mistake about it... it was a bone headed play. He will learn and probably never do it again. He had 17 seconds and ran around for about 12, then threw the ball 20 yards down the middle of the field completed and tackled with 2 seconds left and no timeouts. It was a bad play. Again, I think he will be in the HOF eventually.

I can see a rookie QB so caught up in the moment thinking

Sep 16, 2018, 5:12 PM

that the clock stopped on the first down like it does in college.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh sure.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:13 PM

Like I said... he made a mistake... a huge one. It prolly wont happen again. If he stays healthy, he will be HOFer.

hmm didn’t see it but seems the receiver

Sep 16, 2018, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Watched part of the game only for the mere fact to watch ]

Had an option to not catch the pass if someone’s on top of you or realize you immediately have to go into lateral mode if there is space between defenders and you

Call me crazy but I would be looking at other things that I or my team could have done to not be down 3 w 17 seconds and have to complete a deep throw that was probably allowed by the D just to be in striking distance of the end zone

LOL!

Sep 16, 2018, 5:20 PM

If you want to blame the receiver, then you will be blaming Nuk. Either way a Clemson guy. But no, that was on Watson.

Again haven’t seen the play but

Sep 16, 2018, 5:36 PM

don’t care who the receiver is - he has a responsibility to know the situation as well. My last point is still the biggest - 1 -desparate play is not why you lose - find something else(that could also fall on DW or anyone else on the team or coaching staff)

Re: Watched part of the game only for the mere fact to watch

Sep 16, 2018, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Watched part of the game only for the mere fact to watch ]

in fairness, he hasn't really been in the league long. It's possible his thought in the heat of the moment was that the clock would stop while the chains moved. I've watched at least two NFL games where the game ended after a long completion. It isn't always a choice to just throw to someone who can step out of bounds. And he may have figured anyway that he simply needed to complete it to Hopkins and then pray Hopkins could run it in.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:06 PM

The NFL is tough every week. NOBODY can expect constant success. Go look at box scores and plenty of elite QB's have been trashed. Last week was a particularly bad week for particularly every QB out there.

Sep 16, 2018, 5:37 PM

practically* every qb

I agree totally. Nothing wrong with honest observations

Sep 16, 2018, 5:09 PM

that take all of that into account while noting the things he needs to work on, however.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No doubt, plus rust from injury.***

Sep 16, 2018, 5:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not to mention the Texans D letting....

Sep 16, 2018, 5:30 PM

Blaine Gabbert use up half the 4th quarter and all their timeouts to set up the Titans FG

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic