Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fishing story...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 864

Fishing story...

May 9, 2019, 6:46 PM

Tuesday:
Mr OSF was doing some bottom fishing, and still nothing but little bream stealing his bait. So he got to the point he'd leave his pole and run to the camper forever reason. So, he left one time to start charcoal for dinner and when he returned the pole was gone... all other gear still in place.

Rest of the evening, I'm not sure what bothered him more, the fact a pole/reel he'd had for YEARS was gone or the fact he didn't know what he'd snagged big enough to take it.

I promised we'd go to a nice shop (not Walmart) and get him a new reel/rod.

Wednesday morning:

I hit the water at 7am for early fishing and there... I see it. A big red/white bobber. I got one of those bug floating lures on my pole, so I popped on a heavy lead and cast toward the bobbers.
First time I totally miss the freaking area. Second cast, I hit near it and down goes the bobber.. ###?
"Oh ####, there's a fish on that line!"

... so I start casting as hard and far I can and dragging my bug on bottom. I just kept praying "snag his line" "get tangled up in his line" and then BOOM. I got something.. surely its not fish

.. I start reeling in and I see it, the bobber, nowhere near the direction of my line; but I keep reeling and I'm watching the bobber move and see a line zig zagging all over the place. But suddenly Mr OSF's fishing pole pops up out of the water and I can tell that #### fish has enough fight, there's tension on my pole too. I managed to grab Mr OSF's pole which by some miracle I had snagged by one the "line eyes".. so then I start reeling in his line and reeling and then.. oh ####.. a HUGE knot and the reeling stops. So now what do I do? If I lay pole down, that darn fish going to take off with it again.

So being OSF, I start walking to the camper .. me, pole and fish dragging behind.. until I thought fish was on land enough to not escape. Then I ran for Mr OSF.. "get out to water, I have your pole and fish".. Mr OSF- "what type of fish?"
Me-"dirty, its on land"

Ended up being around a 1 1/2 lb catfish.

Best part: I caught one a little bigger an hour later, using my pink bug lure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You got skills girl!

May 9, 2019, 6:49 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h2VrWDlmv8

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

managed to grab Mr OSF's pole

May 9, 2019, 8:32 PM

Nice

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Oh and

May 9, 2019, 8:33 PM

Pigs for fish story?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Oh and

May 9, 2019, 8:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dumb story

May 9, 2019, 8:43 PM

I am not sure why this girl was not involved...instead

Message was edited by: Tigerbalm1®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dont try to be #### with the #####. ***

May 9, 2019, 8:49 PM

awww did I hurt your feelings by TDing you. LOLOLOL***

May 9, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to dumb story ]

Bottom fishing

May 10, 2019, 8:31 AM

grabbing poles

You know how to get a man going

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Fishing story...

May 10, 2019, 8:34 AM

I managed to grab Mr OSF's pole

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he's on bottom and you grabbed his pole?

May 10, 2019, 1:13 PM

I can see that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anywhere else but A-ville they call it a reacharound***

May 10, 2019, 1:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Replies: 11
| visibility 864
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic