Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Finesse Offense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,949

Finesse Offense

Jul 24, 2019, 5:53 PM

like "50/50 balls" is another charge that drives me nuts. Here's how our "finesse" offense works:

* We spread you out and throw 50/50 balls to the sidelines and make your LBs run to the edge and make your CBs dig deep, then come back hard - and then if they miss the tackle have to reverse again to chase the WR. The LBs have to chase the WRs...... all of which wears out legs on the defense - LBs and DBs..... meanwhile, DEs and DTs are chasing inside only to have to chase to the boundary if the WR gets loose..... wears out their legs, too.

* Once your LBs and DEs start cheating toward the edge, we run the RPOs to create more misdirection and broken ankles and pull in the safeties, which wears out their legs and causes them to come in closer.

* You then bring down the safeties, spread the LBs and press cover the WRs - so we hit you with speed down the seam, further wearing out your legs and lungs.

* Pretty soon, you back up and try to keep everything in front - or you try to blitz - and we run Etienne right up the middle of your stunt.

* After a while, you don't know why your coach doesn't sub for you because you're worn out - but then you realize that there's no functional depth that has been developed at your position and you're stuck on the field and out of gas.

* Now we just figure out who needs some playing experience and sub our bench - then run the ball right down your throat.

* Now it's time for you to quit..... crying's optional..... you can do it immediately or wait until the SEC Days and the Paul Finebaum show and give him something to talk about.

* At this point, you've been "finessed".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Finesse Offense

Jul 24, 2019, 6:27 PM

I’d say you nailed it!!!

Jul 24, 2019, 6:31 PM

UGA, 'Bama and most other SEC "fat boy" offenses are just too slow mentally to figure out what we are doing to them. By Q4, we'll gladly go toe-to-toe along the line because they're beat. Just 'cause we play smart early in the game doesn't mean we aren't tough.... we just play smart early and save the "tough" for later.

Jul 25, 2019, 5:54 PM

A “drop the mic post” !!!!!!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Finesse Offense ]

It works best when you have a quality QB. The Tigers have been fortunate to have several of those at one time! And several more on the way. Those big uglies up front do more than their share too. We are fortunate there too! I still wish we had another Leggett.

Jul 25, 2019, 3:38 PM

+1 for another Leggett, Jordan Leggett that is!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 7:57 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD***

Jul 24, 2019, 8:13 PM

Finesse is what Dabo does with the media.

Jul 24, 2019, 8:24 PM

Agress, Depress, Distress, Suppress, and Possess for Success is what we do to teams.

HOF post right here.***

Jul 24, 2019, 10:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 24, 2019, 10:48 PM

This guy knows things!

Jul 24, 2019, 11:17 PM

OMG! That’s the best thing I read in a while! Awesome

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

POTD!

Jul 24, 2019, 11:44 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This kind of insight, logistics, and gridiron knowledge....

Jul 25, 2019, 7:34 AM

...doesn't belong on the Tigernet football board.

Isn't there another board for this kind of stuff?

Re: This kind of insight, logistics, and gridiron knowledge....

Jul 25, 2019, 5:41 PM

You could try it out over on FGF to see if they understand it!!! ;) ;) :)

Jul 25, 2019, 3:36 PM

I'll bet you an arm, either one that you couldn't get Paul Realdumb to understand a word of what you just pointed out, and I would give you several days of talking to him about it. He is Paul Realdumb!!!

Jul 25, 2019, 5:27 PM

Get the SEC Cabal on the line, we have one who can see.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,949
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic