Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Film Analyst Brian Glaze believes WR Cornell Powell is Trevors new Go To target..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,455

Film Analyst Brian Glaze believes WR Cornell Powell is Trevors new Go To target..

May 26, 2019, 11:10 PM

based on the Spring Game targets & catches CP got.

Sounds good to me.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Film Analyst Brian Glaze believes WR Cornell Powell is Trevors new Go To target..

May 26, 2019, 11:18 PM

He definitely sees something that I cannot see. I like CP, and he is an awesome player, but we have several that are better IMO. CP will only play when the game is in hand IMO. He does run KOR's extremely well though, so I would not be surprised to see him do that a few times (even though KOR's are few and far between these days).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Film Analyst Brian Glaze believes WR Cornell Powell is Trevors new Go To target..

May 27, 2019, 11:20 AM

He and TJ Chase are going to fight it out to be our main slot guy.

Real short version is we're going to have a 7-guy rotation at WR with Derion Kendrick moved to CB and with Amari Rogers down for the year with his ACL tear.

We have five big dudes who are going to see time on the outside positions - the 2 and the 9 - obviously Higgins and Ross, and then Overton, Ladsen, and Ngata. I think we'll go 4-wide a fair bit owing to the strength of this group and the fact that we have only JC Chalke who has ever played a snap in college and a couple of freshmen for our TE stable, so a couple of these guys will probably cross-train at the other slot position as well.

So it's probably a safe bet that our #1 slot guy is good for 40+ catches this year...though unless you're Ross or Higgins, there's likely only to be so many catches to go around because there's only one football. I am kind of leaning in the direction of Powell starting because he builds speed even into his breaks and he's a really big, stout guy who can overwhelm a DB blocking, which is vitally important for his position. I do think TJ Chase is on the field a lot even if Powell beats him out for the #1 slot position though...again, because we're going to be playing two slots a lot, and also because he's a veteran dude who certainly deserves to play...which again, will cut into Powell's catch total some.

So I'd personally say 40-50 catches for Powell, though if we see a bunch of deep backed-off coverage because everybody's terrified of those monsters at outside receiver that number could well climb a fair bit.

Yep - I’m good with that .....

May 26, 2019, 11:35 PM

.... LBB !! -:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

May 27, 2019, 12:37 AM

In both CFP games, we all saw who TL's "go to" receivers are. Their names are Justyn Ross and Tee Higgins.

Trying to draw conclusions based on a split-squad Spring game is silly.

Go To as in, 3rd down safety valve

May 27, 2019, 1:08 AM

OP is saying Powell is the new Renfrow.

Re: Go To as in, 3rd down safety valve

May 27, 2019, 1:42 AM

Again, based on a Spring game, I think that is silly.

I guess we'll see. It's a safe prediction to make because nobody will remember if he's wrong but he can brag in the unlikely event he's correct.

Nothing to lose by saying it.

May 27, 2019, 1:10 AM

Yes it sounds good, but it want be the truth, Tee Higgins and/or Justin Ross will be the two top WR'S for Trevor next season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,455
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic