Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feaster. Trying to kept my orange colored glasses off and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 2,621

Feaster. Trying to kept my orange colored glasses off and

Jul 3, 2019, 7:10 PM

being real serious. First, I would hate to see him go to Columbia, but, if I was his dad I would say, “son, you want to go to the NFL. Look at USux’s schedule vs Va. Tech. Besides playing in the weaker division of the ACC, your stats will be much better there.

Just saying.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point.

Jul 4, 2019, 9:38 AM

My serious question(s): what are NFL scouts going to think about a player (any) that transfers because he's not starting? What makes the NFL team think he's good enough for them if the guy can't even make it on a college team? Maybe they can use him on kickoff coverage...idk. I wish Feaster the best of luck either way.

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al CHAMPIONS!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

It depends on how good a season he has.

Jul 4, 2019, 9:42 AM

Lots of rushing yards = lots of attention from NFL scouts.

Not sure that transferring "because he is not a starter" is going to influence the NFL. It's a business, and they make business decisions. Sadly, big time college football is becoming more business-like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! AND will those teammates accept him?

Jul 4, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Good point. ]

How do you think the current players on the team he transfers to will feel? They have put in 1, 2, 3, or 4 years trying to get playing time. They were truly committed to that team. I seriously think the players on those other teams are going to have issues with him and will not accept him.

To have a freshman like ETN beat you out is one thing. But for an incoming senior to think they can walk in and take your playing time away???? That is a recipe for resentment.

I truly think Feasters best path to NFL is to stay at Clemson. He knows the plays, knows his teammates and coaches, and should get plenty of playing time --- especially if ETN gets injured for any period of time.

Hoping #28 Feaster stays at Clemson!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Feaster. Trying to kept my orange colored glasses off and

Jul 4, 2019, 9:42 AM

The NFL finds guys from every level of football to draft. It doesn’t matter where you play college ball, you are either good enough or you are not. The narrative is Feaster needs to be THE guy to make it to the NFL is simply false. He wants to leave because he thinks he can be the guy, and at most schools he can be. He’s just not the guy at Clemson so he will most likely go to Junior to try and prove something. With limited talent from QB, WR, and Oline play, good luck against a stacked box.

Re: Feaster. Trying to kept my orange colored glasses off and

Jul 4, 2019, 12:14 PM

I guess it's hard for some to imagine, but NFL scouts don't view games from a fan standpoint.

They look at tape, specifically the All-22. They will chart what he does each and every play of the season.

Whether at USCe or VaTech, if Feaster demonstrates the ability to run and make people miss, catch passes, pass block and stay healthy, he will be on an NFL roster. His speed doesn't grow on trees. No reason he can't be a backup RB for 4-5 years.

Replies: 5
| visibility 2,621
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic