Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fake news to blame. LOLLERS.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 448

Fake news to blame. LOLLERS.

Oct 25, 2018, 10:25 AM

“Cruz’ father was with Lee Harvey Oswald right before JFK assasination.”
“Obama not born in the U.S.”
“Most people at inauguration in history.”
“Counter protesters in Charlottesville lacked a permit.”
“Criminals and Middle Easterners in caravan.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-doubles-down-on-blaming-media-as-suspicious-packages-continue-to-surface/2018/10/25/507aeec2-d848-11e8-a10f-b51546b10756_story.html?utm_term=.38601ecf2f96

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with much of what he's saying there...

Oct 25, 2018, 10:50 AM

I don't really do the whole "mainstream media" hate in general; I zero in on cable news. I think the cable news is heavily responsible for stoking anger and division in America. That's how they get ratings and make all their money. I honestly believe if people turned that stuff off, we'd be much better off.

Now, I do not say they are responsible for this bombing event, for the reasons I explained in my thread below. And neither did the President blame them here, at least not explicitly. Of course, many will infer that from his comments because of the timing.

The President also bears much responsibility for the anger and hostility. As the single most impactful man in America, his words have more impact than any other individual's. And he fails mightily, every day, in calming anger and bridging divisions. Public discourse could improve if he began to lead by example. Then, after him, the congressional leaders.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My Sen., Doug Jones, was in town yesterday and spoke

Oct 25, 2018, 11:41 AM

about this topic exactly. Recalling the Birmingham church bombing in 1963 that killed four little girls, he said that neither George Wallace or Bull Connor wanted that to happen, but that their racially divisive speeches were empowering to the perpetrators. He knows, he successfully prosecuted two of them.

article about the speech.
https://www.al.com/news/2018/10/doug-jones-compares-bomb-threats-with-1963-church-bombing-words-mean-something.html

Re: Fake news to blame. LOLLERS.

Oct 25, 2018, 11:24 AM

whoever takes office after this guy has their work cut out for them as far undoing the precedent of lying that has become the new norm in the Whitehouse. I can guarantee the right will project all of Trumps faults onto whichever Dem takes office next.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 11:56 AM

The dems are pretty good at blaming others with apology tours, changing there tune on illegal immigration and trying to take credit for the booming economy now that o'bummer is out of office. :) Apple stock and others started going up as soon as that turkey was out of the white house. During the previous admins last months Apple was between 96 and 98 a share. Right now it is $219.44.

obamma did more damage to the US than anyone ever before. ####, just look at the bickering in a friendly chat room and then go look at rally's. Listen to Maxine Waters and other lefties incite violence.... Never have I seen so much HATE! Within the last 10 years we've stooped to third world political tactics. You can't deny that.

LOL. Apple was around 11 when Obama took office.

Oct 25, 2018, 1:54 PM

So, it rose about 900% while he was in office. I don’t think Obama had much to do with it though. Trump is more to blame for the political hate than anyone. He trolls any and everyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2018, 3:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Fake news to blame. LOLLERS. ]

The dems are pretty good at blaming others with apology tours, changing there tune on illegal immigration and trying to take credit for the booming economy now that o'bummer is out of office. :) Apple stock and others started going up as soon as that turkey was out of the white house. During the previous admins last months Apple was between 96 and 98 a share. Right now it is $219.44.

obamma did more damage to the US than anyone ever before. ####, just look at the bickering in a friendly chat room and then go look at rally's. Listen to Maxine Waters and other lefties incite violence.... Never have I seen so much HATE! Within the last 10 years we've stooped to third world political tactics. You can't deny that.

That's an interesting conclusion given you just unloaded on Obama and Dems. Hate much?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No doubt that Pres Trump is a moran. Also no doubt the media

Oct 25, 2018, 2:06 PM

contributes to the divisiveness issue. I've noticed recently the CNN generally puts an opinion piece as it's headline. That's not what a "news" outlet should do.

In the Pres Obama years - FoxNews made it pretty obvious that Obama spent his Saturday mornings cutting the ears off of baby bunnies, just for fun.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely see that a lot on CNN.com, yes.

Oct 25, 2018, 2:12 PM

I agree, it's not right. I never click on the ones that say "Opinion" or "Analysis," which is just another way to say "opinion".

I don't either. The bold headline at the top of a site is

Oct 25, 2018, 2:18 PM

not the place for "news" folks to state their opinions (in my opinion).

CNN and others have figured out the general public is not smart enough to think for themselves, so they can spark a little discourse just by posting an inflammatory headline.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They also know most people only read headlines***

Oct 25, 2018, 3:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure the media does but as a business their goal is

Oct 25, 2018, 2:17 PM [ in reply to No doubt that Pres Trump is a moran. Also no doubt the media ]

and should be to do whatever makes them most profitable. Their loyalty should be to their shareholders.

Re: No doubt that Pres Trump is a moran. Also no doubt the media

Oct 25, 2018, 4:00 PM [ in reply to No doubt that Pres Trump is a moran. Also no doubt the media ]

I hated it when he was cuttin those baby bunnies.

That was a dark time.

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 448
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic