Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fair ball?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Fair ball?

May 24, 2018, 9:29 PM

So if the ball comes straight down off of the bat and hits the ground in foul territory and bounces fair, it’s a fair ball? I did not know that.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If it goes foul but bounces back fair before going past the bag or touching a player, it’s fair...

May 24, 2018, 9:31 PM

BUT that ball was foul. The announcers were talking about where it crosses when going over the bag... that doesn’t matter. It’s where it hits the ground... which was a foot foul

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rule is

May 24, 2018, 9:41 PM

If ball hits ground before bag and bounces directly over bag but it lands in foul territory it Is a fair ball. It it is a fly ball or line drive (never hits dirt before bag) and lands foul than it is foul ball. Hope that helps clarify some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right. My bad. Was listening on radio. Thought it was a line drive***

May 24, 2018, 9:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it was foul. Right?

May 24, 2018, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Rule is ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Re: Rule is

May 24, 2018, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Rule is ]

If the ball hits the ground before the bag in fair territory then yes but the ball hit foul twice. Never touched fair before the bag. Foul ball

Re: If it goes foul but bounces back fair before

May 24, 2018, 9:50 PM [ in reply to If it goes foul but bounces back fair before going past the bag or touching a player, it’s fair... ]

If it was foul when it before the bag then it was a foul ball. If it never touch fair before the bag then it was foul. I see a few questioning the first bounce and it was close but I could not tell if it touched the line or not

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic