Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Facility Upgrades
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Facility Upgrades

Jun 26, 2018, 8:11 PM

With the football operations complex complete a year ago, are we planning any more additions? I know that we are building a softball complex. The coots are about to build their equivalent to our football operations complex. I was wondering what our plans are to one up them?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Facility Upgrades

Jun 26, 2018, 8:18 PM

BS chickens don’t slide

Jun 27, 2018, 12:45 AM

If you’re wondering. Not sure if it’s the same architecture firm that did Clemson’s.

http://www.quackenbusharchitects.com/projects/usc-football-ops/

Jun 27, 2018, 1:08 AM

I wonder what we will have to build to one up you guys.

Money can’t buy tradition, culture and class not to mention location.

Jun 27, 2018, 8:57 AM

Sc has been throwing money at a pig for over a decade with not much to show for it. They will always have more money and have state and local government bend over backwards for them but it will never pan out. Some things are just meant to be mediocre.

Jun 27, 2018, 2:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Facility Upgrades ]

The project increased USCjr debt to $238,000,000.00 putting them $38,000,000.00 over the state mandated $2000,000,000.00 debt level. Tanner had to beg the budget and control board to allow them to exceed their debt level, so this will be the last major athletic project at USCjr for several years. Whatever Clemson does next jr will not be able to respond they’re out of money, that’s what happens when you have a baseball coach for an AD.

Jun 27, 2018, 5:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Facility Upgrades ]

no, clemson used a much better architect than quackenbush.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 10:18 AM

two in fact...
http://www.hok.com/about/news/2017/02/01/clemson-university-opens-state-of-the-art-football-operations-complex-designed-by-hok/

http://www.gmcnetwork.com/project-detail/services/architecture/sports/clemson-university-football-operations-facility

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 7:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Facility Upgrades ]

guess what we are not wondering.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Facility Upgrades ]

That's a yell of a lot to spend on a chicken coop. Did it include a truck and tractor to haul off the chicken #hit??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2018, 8:25 PM

I know I saw somewhere the other day that the old football weightroom in the west end is being converted into a ballin game-day recruiting center. Clemson staying ahead of the curve per usual.

Jun 26, 2018, 8:44 PM

It was a tweet from somebody at Clemson don't remember who.

I also remember hearing recently about the possibility of an east endzone project. Closing in the stadium and adding more boxes. I can't remember where I heard it. Any one else heard of that?

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2018, 11:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Facility Upgrades ]

https://twitter.com/JoeSimonCU/status/1010569348451323905

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was wonderin about dippin dot locations....***

Jun 26, 2018, 8:27 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2018, 8:35 PM

The football Ops center for USCe is about finished. Tanner and Muscrap are hurriedly completing the building so as to not lose what recruits they currently have or hope to get. It reportedly will be nice with their weight room supposedly being the largest in the SEC.

I wonder if they will truly know how to promote it? Their program faces large scale debt and a fading hope of competing against stronger more successful programs with real traditions and legacies, ie UGa., UK, UF, UT and Auburn, Bama and even LSU. Texas A&M won’t let up either.

Usuck fans sincerely believe Muscrap can return them to relevance, but based upon what lies ahead in years to come their chance of winning their division will be less likely.

As their rival we must treat them as a supposed threat, but at the same time recruit and develop our talent as if they could once in awhile actually beat us, but we know differently!

Go Tigers!

Jun 27, 2018, 12:55 AM

2yrs later. Although it will be a huge improvement, it will not have all the amenities our guys are used too. No slide, putt putt, basketball courts, barber shop, bowling alley, etc, etc. It will be a nice functional ops building but not designed to entertain players within it's footprint!

Return them to relevance?*****

Jun 27, 2018, 6:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Facility Upgrades ]

Re: Facility Upgrades-yes

Jun 26, 2018, 9:10 PM

While it's not a huge thing, we are in the process of renovating the old weight room over in the West Endzone into a new game day facility for recruits.

We are also currently working on our new tennis facility as well as I believe the new soccer locker rooms.

Re: Facility Upgrades-yes

Jun 27, 2018, 12:01 AM

Work on new tennis facility is progressing.

https://twitter.com/JoeSimonCU/status/1009171608005640192

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 27, 2018, 6:22 AM

Are you going to bring your doodoo ice from W-B to the new football facility?

Jun 27, 2018, 7:19 AM

thought you didnt like football. so dangerous.

Re: Facility Upgrades- they saved millions though versus us

Jun 27, 2018, 7:57 AM

since they didnt need a space to display trophies and championships

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear Dippin Dots vending machines are coming to DV***

Jun 27, 2018, 8:13 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic