Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Big Dex wants answers as NFL combine looms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Big Dex wants answers as NFL combine looms

Feb 17, 2019, 9:48 AM

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/as-nfl-combine-looms-clemson-s-dexter-lawrence-wants-answers/article_48557388-320d-11e9-8a9f-17709c673ace.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ole Gamecock Gene didn't approve this article

Feb 17, 2019, 9:57 AM

You can bet the house on that. Good article .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ole Gamecock Gene didn't approve this article

Feb 17, 2019, 10:00 AM

Amen to that. And as tough as it was he went in front of the cameras as it happened. He and Christian were great ambassadors and he deserves answers and it might shut these coots up. With all the dirt they have under the rug it kills them we do it right and win championships. Yeah coots. Plural. Multiple titles

Re: Ole Gamecock Gene didn't approve this article

Feb 17, 2019, 10:45 PM

Since it seemed the only thing tying these three players together was injuries that required surgery and rehab. I would suspect that is an area that is getting the most scrutiny. You could hear Dexter talk the next day and could tell his heart was broken. I don’t think he nor any of these guys took this substance intentionally and I hope Clemson can prove it

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Big Dex wants answers as NFL combine looms

Feb 17, 2019, 9:59 AM

“Coach didn’t suspend players and say it was for undisclosed reasons or anything like that. He kept it real. We have nothing to hide at Clemson.” Kendall Joseph

Exactly, Kendall

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Yeah.. daaaaaamn. He didn't hold anything back with that one***

Feb 17, 2019, 10:25 AM

FWIW i think the Bama players almost certainly failed

Feb 17, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Dex wants answers as NFL combine looms ]

drug tests, but i think theirs were likely for "street drugs" and not for PEDs. The suspension for street drugs is 50% of the season. I assume that means 6 games so they would miss the first 4 games of 2019. The suspension for PEDs is 1 full year - 365 days from the date of the failed test.

Curiously, 1 of the 3 suspended Bama players has been removed from their roster and doesn't appear to be with the team any longer. If the other two players are back next season we will know their suspensions were for street drugs and not PEDs. If they don't come back... well it will look awfully suspicious.

The difference in behavior of the two coaches has certainly been interesting though. Dabo has been completely candid about the entire thing right from day 1 whereas Saban has acted like he's protecting government secrets.

Re: FWIW i think the Bama players almost certainly failed

Feb 17, 2019, 4:00 PM

You could be correct--if they don't return, then it was PEDs. But, if they do return, it could mean that they tested positive for PEDs, but were cleared of responsibility.

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

how do you know what they were suspeneded for

Feb 17, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to FWIW i think the Bama players almost certainly failed ]

can you calculate how many bama players would have failed a drug test if they were all tested?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't but i saw a couple Bama sites saying

Feb 18, 2019, 10:21 AM

those guys could miss 4 games in 2019 which lines up with the street drug suspension. They may or may not have any real information. Also, those are more common than PED suspensions.

My favorite quote in the whole article.

Feb 17, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Big Dex wants answers as NFL combine looms ]

I’ve thought all along that Swinney’s transparency has put a target on his back in this situation and that’s ok because the Clemson detractors are making themselves look pretty stupid right now. I commented on that video that someone posted this morning and said I have rarely seen the type of collective stupidity that I saw in the comment section of that video. People are making things up as they go along and continue to add lies to what we know. At the end of the day we have Sapakoff and to a lesser extent Kornblut to thank for this. They took a small story and blew it up with wild speculation until more people around the country caught on to it. I have no respect for those guys as journalists.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a chance you take with transparency

Feb 17, 2019, 4:04 PM

I can't see Dabo handling it any other way. Transparency is in his DNA.

--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 17, 2019, 11:04 AM

So what. He faces tons more drug tests than most other players in the draft but I'll bet he comes through clean on every one. Just because Coots love the PED "scandal" doesn't make it gospel.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't blame him for wanting it cleared up.

Feb 17, 2019, 12:26 PM

I had hoped it would be before the NFL combine.

Plus, how do you prevent it from happening again if you don't know the source. I had an awful case of hives once.....never figured out the cause. I am still paranoid since I don't know why it happened.

Message was edited by: TennesseeLadyTiger®

Re: Can't blame him for wanting it cleared up.

Feb 17, 2019, 10:39 PM

I know the feeling. I had severe allergic reactions that no dr could figure out at the time. They did all of the test multiple times and I ended up in the emergency room with hives on my face looking like the elephant man. Finally we quit eating out and I started keeping a log of everything I ate. After a week it was revealed to be msg, which back then was in most processed foods as a flavor enhancer. It’s scary trying to figure out what is going in your body and you can’t find it.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Feb 17, 2019, 2:57 PM

Reality says guys who fail drug tests and then deny the results are almost always liars.

I believe this is one of those rare exceptions. Anybody who's been in and around the Clemson culture knows stuff like that...just isn't part of the culture.

The other thing is that ten seconds after the result, out walks Dabo, as usual with no filter. "Alright, listen up, this is what happened..."

Secrets tend not to flourish in an environment like that. He doesn't try to control the message, because the message is invariably: "tell it like it is and just be straight up about it, and stuff works out better that way."

Maybe we're all fooling ourselves, but it's hard to see how some secret doping conspiracy could exist in that building, the way they do things. Which leaves "mistake" or more likely "accidental contamination" as the likely culprits.

I think they'll figure it out. I really hope it's in time to salvage Dexter's reputation.

Speaking of the Post and Courier, where is Gene Sapakoff?

Feb 17, 2019, 3:03 PM

Why hasn't he come forward to apologize about his nonsense and inaccurate article from a few weeks back?

Geeeene, where are you? I KNOW you read this site. Man up, Geno.

He's never going to apologize because, in his mind, he's

Feb 17, 2019, 3:34 PM

done nothing wrong.

Feb 17, 2019, 4:12 PM

Decent people want TRUE results about this... The others, they would not believe it if it was on Moses's Tablets...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We have nothing to hide at Clemson" So true!***

Feb 17, 2019, 8:42 PM

Re: "We have nothing to hide at Clemson" So true!***

Feb 17, 2019, 10:24 PM

I did some work last week for Augusta Christian School, where Zach Giella attended for at least 7 years. I asked my contact person if i could ask a personal question, but i in no way wanted to gossip.
"As a Clemson fan, I want to know how the Giella family is taking this drug test investigation."
Well, she should have kept her mouth shut, because she had no knowledge to answer the question. But she talked for a good 5 minutes about how embarrassed she would be if that was her son, who had graduated high school alongside Zach, and Dabo clearly didn't know what he was talking about when he said you could get ostarine from your hair gel, and while no, she hadn't talked with Zach's family she knows they must be so embarrassed because there's no way he's not guilty... Blah...blah...blah.

I then pointedly asked her how a person procures ostarine, since it's not even available on the black market. I then asked her, if a known banned substance that was virtually unobtainable was ingested orally repeatedly, how three different guys all ended up with the same smallest measurable amount in their systems. I pointed out to her that the NCAA not only doesn't know or understand how ostarine is manufactured or used, it doesn't even keep records that distinguish it from other banned substances. I then asked her if she knew that the FDA has now opened an investigation into how ostarine gets into the human bloodstream.

She didn't know any of that stuff, but she was willing to turn on her son's classmate in assumption that he intentionally cheated.

Sometimes people make me sick.

Was she - perchance -

Feb 18, 2019, 1:03 AM

.... an UGA fan?? Just saying ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Re: "We have nothing to hide at Clemson" So true!***

Feb 17, 2019, 10:24 PM [ in reply to "We have nothing to hide at Clemson" So true!*** ]

I did some work last week for Augusta Christian School, where Zach Giella attended for at least 7 years. I asked my contact person if i could ask a personal question, but i in no way wanted to gossip.
"As a Clemson fan, I want to know how the Giella family is taking this drug test investigation."
Well, she should have kept her mouth shut, because she had no knowledge to answer the question. But she talked for a good 5 minutes about how embarrassed she would be if that was her son, who had graduated high school alongside Zach, and Dabo clearly didn't know what he was talking about when he said you could get ostarine from your hair gel, and while no, she hadn't talked with Zach's family she knows they must be so embarrassed because there's no way he's not guilty... Blah...blah...blah.

I then pointedly asked her how a person procures ostarine, since it's not even available on the black market. I then asked her, if a known banned substance that was virtually unobtainable was ingested orally repeatedly, how three different guys all ended up with the same smallest measurable amount in their systems. I pointed out to her that the NCAA not only doesn't know or understand how ostarine is manufactured or used, it doesn't even keep records that distinguish it from other banned substances. I then asked her if she knew that the FDA has now opened an investigation into how ostarine gets into the human bloodstream.

She didn't know any of that stuff, but she was willing to turn on her son's classmate in assumption that he intentionally cheated.

Sometimes people make me sick.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic