Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
which program has bigger issues? bigger dumpster fire?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

which program has bigger issues? bigger dumpster fire?

Nov 4, 2019, 8:39 AM

fsu

Miami

?????

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Miami has bigger problems for sure

Nov 4, 2019, 8:45 AM

Terrible stadium situation, really fair-weather fan base, and the fact that they haven't been good in nearly 20 years. Current recruits can at least remember FSU winning a title 6 years ago. They may have only been 10 or 11 years old at the time, but at least they were born.

FSU just needs to catch up a little on facilities and make a good hire.

Re: which program has bigger issues? bigger dumpster fire?

Nov 4, 2019, 8:46 AM

Nebraska! FSU and Miami have a hotbed of recruiting, Nebraska not so much!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah Nebraska may never get back to the glory days

Nov 4, 2019, 8:48 AM

It's kind of amazing they were ever that good to begin with, but i guess CFB was very different 30-40 years ago.

This may be my imagination, or the details may be off, but

Nov 4, 2019, 9:41 AM

... but it seems like I recall that Nebraska had some sort of county scholarship system going back in the day where every county in the state somehow sponsored a Corn Husker “academic” scholarship for a football player.

All those players were counted as walk-ons and it sure brought a lot of big ole boys to campus to add to the already large group of regular scholarship players.

It made for a huge pool of players on campus from which some great starting 22 squads emerged and they had depth to spare.

The 85 cap as well as limits on walk-on numbers has changed all that.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1995 and 1997 Nattys not that long ago...Clemson's was 1981

Nov 4, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Yeah Nebraska may never get back to the glory days ]

I can easily see Nebraska rising up again.

Clemson is sitting in fertile recruiting grounds

Nov 4, 2019, 10:10 AM

Charlotte and Atlanta are 2 hours away, and Florida isn't too far either.

What's near Nebraska? Texas is the closest hot spot and its hours and hours away and Nebraska no longer has the Big XII ties to Texas.

Re: Clemson is sitting in fertile recruiting grounds

Nov 4, 2019, 2:01 PM

Worse than that. Completely ignore the region for a second.

Back in 1970 NE's population was 1.5 mil, SC was 2.5 mil. 2018, it is 1.9 mil for NE, 5.0 mil for SC. Nebraska's population is surprisingly flat. Their rural population has declined significantly. Basically their "well" has been drying up.

Now re-insert the regional landscape. While SC has grown, Fl, NC, and Ga has grown a lot more than Nebraska, Co, Kansas, Iowa, and the Dakotas. Maybe what Nebraska could have once siphoned off from Kansas City is gone too. Basically, the Big Eight footprint isn't what it was and even now they can't recruit it well.

Nebraska basically neutered itself with the B10 move as they are now playing outside of their regional recruiting base with the exception of the Chicago region and that has its own issues. It will be a tougher sell to spin a Texas kid, Kansas Kid, or a Missouri kid to play with them. Trying to convince other midwestern kids to go out to Lincoln is a very absurd thing to do.

I also think that the Dakota schools are doing better at keep talent instate considering their recent non-FBS titles.

I think the jig is up for almost every program north of I-40

Nov 4, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: which program has bigger issues? bigger dumpster fire? ]

I looked it up yesterday to confirm......other than Ohio State, no team north of I-40 (cuts through NC, TN, etc to Cali) has won a football NC in over 20 years.

Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, Nebraska, all those Rust Belt ex-powerhouses. Your era is done like Princeton, Yale, and Army decades ago. Ohio St may bravely try to remain a player, but the clock is probably ticking on them also.

The southern states are where all the recruits are, and where the Nattys are gonna happen.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

everyone says ACC sucks - ACC 3 of last 6 Natty's

Nov 4, 2019, 2:14 PM

split with sec .....

null

FSU has much bigger issues, currently, than Miami.

Nov 4, 2019, 8:51 AM

Long term, though, FSU has the most potential to be a force.

Top 10 job in college football. Easily.

I just don't see how Miami will ever get there again

Nov 4, 2019, 8:53 AM

What do they really have going for them? Dedicated fans? Large Alumni base? A huge athletic budget? Awesome facilities? You are more likely to see VT become a power.

Nov 4, 2019, 9:45 AM

Dumpster Fire Schools:

1. South Carolina. On fire since 1892. The historical example of a bad program. Actually not a dumpster fire, more of a long standing tire-yard fire.
2. Tennessee. The modern example of how NOT to run a program.
3. UCONN. How to go from I-A back to I-A
4. FSU
5. VaTech

Nov 4, 2019, 9:47 AM

FSU.... easy.

Miami is hurting because they made a $$$$ decision to play at Hard Rock Stadium, if anyone else has been to an Orange Bowl is nowhere near anything, no way to get to the game and no way to get back for students... hurts the fanbase and college experience. I like Manny Diaz, hopefully he will turn the program around. They don't have the talent at key positions right now, lack discipline and focus more on the turnover chain than the game... give him a year or two to get on track and get his players in place.

FSU is hurting on every level, players, coaching, facilities, administration support, recent history.... and they are now 17mil in the hole for Willy Taggart's salary buyout...

Message was edited by: JPF16®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FSU has the steepest climb. The fertile recruiting ground

Nov 4, 2019, 10:04 AM

means nothing because of the quitter/loser mindset that has gripped the entire program for 4 years now. Miami is just battling consistency issues. FSU is battling the football equivalent of mental illness.

I think null does. You can never figure out what they are

Nov 4, 2019, 11:42 AM

up to, and it never turns out good. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't forget about Arkansas and

Nov 4, 2019, 12:51 PM

Northwestern.

Nov 4, 2019, 1:09 PM

Why is this being asked now after they already settled it on the field Saturday?

Nov 4, 2019, 2:31 PM

FSU worse than Miami for sure. I mean, the coach literally just got fired. Miami has shown some glimmers of hope here and there.

But I'm with some of these folks about Nebraska, Frost is trying as well but hasn't really come to fruition yet, but we'll see in a couple years maybe how his recruiting classes do.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic