Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ostarine appeal / breaking news
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Ostarine appeal / breaking news

May 24, 2019, 8:54 AM

It is my understanding that the ostarine appeal for Braden Galloway and Zach Giella was heard by the NCAA and a decision has been reached. It is also my understanding that the appeal has been denied. More info and a statement from the student-athletes in about 10 minutes

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crap.***

May 24, 2019, 8:55 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ostarine appeal / breaking news

May 24, 2019, 8:57 AM

?? I had high hopes when I first saw this. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:03 AM

I COULD EASILY SEE CLEMSON FILING A LAWSUIT ON THIS NEWS. THE FREAKING NCAA LETS BASKETBALL CHEATING GO UNCHECKED AND DOES NOTHING. THIS IS TOTAL BS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2019, 9:17 AM

It would just fan the flames and we always go the low key - dont rock the boat route. I wish we would stand up for ourselves but I just dont see it. I'm sure we looked but I never got the idea that we had a clue how they ingested this. Which means we can avoid where ever this came from. Yet deer antler U just skates along unschathed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

unfortunately I was expecting this. Too bad for those fellas.***

May 24, 2019, 9:03 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Beyond ridiculous! UNC walks amid their allegations

May 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

yet, these guys get banned for a season for a "grain of sand in a sandbox" violation.

Can the NCAA be banned!?!?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

UNC's violations were academic, not athletic.***

May 24, 2019, 9:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Point taken, but the aggravation remains the same.***

May 24, 2019, 9:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Just a tad bit tied to athletes, no?***

May 24, 2019, 9:15 AM [ in reply to UNC's violations were academic, not athletic.*** ]

But not exclusively to athletes, hence no athletic violation***

May 24, 2019, 9:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Not exclusively to athletes but nearly so.***

May 24, 2019, 9:21 AM

Ok...

May 24, 2019, 9:32 AM

I'm telling you why it wasn't an athletic violation in the eyes of the NCAA. I didn't make the decision, not sure why you are arguing with me. If you would like more information, go read the report. If you disagree with the findings, send an email to the NCAA.

So we should have had some students tested for ostarine...?

May 24, 2019, 3:08 PM

A few testing positive would have made it okay...?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope this is a joke.***

May 24, 2019, 3:41 PM

Would make about as much sense, wouldn't it??***

May 25, 2019, 9:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure everyone knows about UNC's silly little loop whole.

May 24, 2019, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Ok... ]

That doesn't hide the fact it was predominately (by a huge margin) athletes.

Re: UNC's violations were academic, not athletic.***

May 25, 2019, 1:02 PM [ in reply to UNC's violations were academic, not athletic.*** ]

I hear ya - Francis.... But - my question has always been - if it were purely academic - wouldn’t/shouldn’t the NCAA have known this from the beginning instead of spending so much time and money - claiming they were going to do the right thing ?!! Seems like they were buffaloed by something - probably the gigantic lawyering up by UNC - and the NCAA’s cash cow - UNC basketball..,

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Guilty until proven innocent***

May 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I hope you didn't jinx this too. ***

May 24, 2019, 9:10 AM

Re: I hope you didn't jinx this too. ***

May 24, 2019, 9:12 AM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Guilty until proven innocent***

May 24, 2019, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Guilty until proven innocent*** ]

They were already proven guilty with the positive test.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

^^^ This***

May 24, 2019, 10:09 AM

May 24, 2019, 9:07 AM

Preview of Thor: Trailer Soccer?***

May 24, 2019, 9:14 AM

A denial...

May 24, 2019, 9:07 AM

must have something to do with the origin...which has been a secret. Hate it for these fine young men...

Message was edited by: Tater-Bug®

Perhaps therein lies the problem...

May 24, 2019, 9:11 AM

The origin remains a mystery.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

F*CK THE NCAA

Snowflake Basher........Out

The denial outcome was to be expected.

I have great faith in the testing science and process. Our players had consumed ostarine. So the rules had been broken.

The issue of whether or not they ingested the substance of their own volition is of course more complex. I trust Coach Swinney. He did not have a clue how the drug got into his players. I trust Dexter Lawrence. He's earned my trust so I believe him. But I trust myself to do right a lot and I sometimes get off the track, so there is a little bit of doubt.

When no explanation came forward quickly with clear evidence of 'accidental' intake, I expected the result we seem to have. I'll continue to trust, respect, and believe our players but the result makes sense to me.

Clemson and our 3 guys are not the first ones to run unexpectedly into this sort of trouble. Some O-lineman at Georgia lost his career over a similar steroid case. Clemson will go another mile in warning, testing and taking the best possible care to avoid similar situations in the future.

The conspiracy angle remains troubling. Did someone outside the program intentionally spike our players? I dunno.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on Harley. There is something very, very fishy about

May 24, 2019, 9:18 AM

the source.

The two current student-athletes were tested prior to the December test, including in April and October of 2018 and again in January and February of 2019, and results came back negative for PEDs.

Something smells real foul here.

Something definitely smells foul here***

May 24, 2019, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

^ Stating a wise and true thing.***

May 24, 2019, 10:24 AM

Thats prolly your butt

May 24, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Something definitely smells foul here*** ]

cream you used as toothpaste. Either that or you used it as moustache wax. I heard the ladies love moustache ridez. You know about those?

Re: Thats prolly your butt***

May 24, 2019, 4:22 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Indeed

May 24, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to The denial outcome was to be expected. ]

The tests came back positive. Absent clear and compelling evidence as to the accidental ingestion of the substance, then the punishment has to stand.

That doesn't, for a second, mean I believe it was intentional, just that the burden of proof int he legal (or as close to legal as the NCAA gets) arena switches to the players/team.

Seems we couldn't prove it was accidental. As such the punishment stands.

Hate it for the guys, but it's really the only way to carry out testing for these things. It would be the true wild west if testing positive for a substance only carried a punishment if the NCAA could show proof that the player knowingly and intentionally ingested the substance.

I believe them when they say it wasn't intentional.

I also understand why the punishment seemingly must stand.

I don't see why it should stand, when the amount was so

May 25, 2019, 9:41 AM

minuscule, and those other governing bodies have been overturning similar cases!

May 24, 2019, 9:14 AM

https://twitter.com/ClemsonTigerNet/status/1131910293695672320

May 24, 2019, 9:15 AM

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

If the NCAA was consistent in their actions, this would be

May 24, 2019, 9:17 AM

easier to swallow. But, they aren't. They pick and choose like cowards who, and what, they move against. As a result, they try to make examples of schools and people because they didn't have the nuts to do the right thing the previous 8 chances they had. It's a credibility issue to the Nth degree. I've hated the NCAA since 1982 for this exact lack of leadership quality, and it only gets worse.

Bingo***

May 24, 2019, 9:19 AM

So, in 5 tests, they only failed the one administered by the

May 24, 2019, 9:22 AM

Lab the NCAA uses ?

May 24, 2019, 9:40 AM

The issue I have is that the ncaa retested from the same sample. What if the test collection was contaminated? Why didn't they allow a separate test sample be taken? If 5 tests were taken over a period on months before and after it stands to reason to me that the one sample could have been tainted

Exactly... A re-test should be just that.***

May 24, 2019, 3:12 PM

That's like giving a re-test on a breathalyzer...

May 24, 2019, 3:44 PM

several days after the DUI arrest.

Re: That's like giving a re-test on a breathalyzer...

May 25, 2019, 7:56 AM

several days after the DUI arrest.

So you think osterine metabolizes the same rate as alcohol?

Message was edited by: TigerBill82®

Message was edited by: TigerBill82®

No...

May 25, 2019, 8:41 AM

But you missed the point.

The drug is usually undetectable within 7 days, but could take longer depending on the doses taken. Test results are available to the institution 15-20 days after the test is administered, per the NCAA...

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2018-19SSI_2018-19_Year-Round_Site_Coordinator_Manual_20180710.pdf

With that said, just like the results of a breathalyzer would not be accurate if taken a few days after a DUI arrest, the results of an ostarine retest, even if taken just a few days after the original test, would also be inaccurate. And if it took a full 15 days for the results to return, we’ll, you get the picture...

May 24, 2019, 10:11 AM

Gee whiz!

Where have you been.

This should not be left alone.

This is a joke.

May 24, 2019, 11:07 AM

So what does this mean for Galloway? When does his suspension end? Mid December? Could he play in bowl game(s)? How does the suspension dates work exactly?

May 24, 2019, 11:11 AM

Test all of the NCAA a holes making this decision and if any have trace amounts of anything on the list fire their ###!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Test all of the NCAA a holes making this decision and if any have trace amounts of anything on the list fire their ###!

May 25, 2019, 8:12 AM

It is my opinion (just an opinion) that an unknown party possibly a ND, Bama, or Coot (from the testing staff) may have tampered with the urine sample. Just my $.02 and no proof obviously!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wah wahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Hope Lay learns that playbook QUICK!!***

May 25, 2019, 9:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic