Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Every win in basketball is huge for us now, and today's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Every win in basketball is huge for us now, and today's

Feb 3, 2019, 3:13 PM

was no exception. I don't see another sweet 16 team here, but we still have a lot to play for. To my old eyes, we are clearly better than the bottom dwellers of the ACC, but not deep or talented enough to compete at the top. I think injuries may have been a bigger factor than many realized, and it looks like everybody is healthy now. That, along with the continued development of some young players, not to mention an easier schedule, gives me hope that this team can finish strong. Still bigger issues with college basketball, however, and how Clemson fits into it all going forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

A nice win indeed. We're a good team with a lot to play for

Feb 3, 2019, 3:24 PM

We obviously aren't elite, but as you said, we are clearly better than the teams toward the bottom of the conference. It's too bad that many posters here seem to take pleasure in bashing our team, saying that our coaches and players are awful. Never mind the fact that we went 1-5 last year against the exact same teams we were 1-5 against to start ACC play this year.

There are plenty of games left this year. I still contend that we will get to 9-10 ACC wins this year, which should put us in the Big Dance again. This is a veteran team with players who have been there before. We'll be fine, especially since we have overcome the injuries earlier in the season. Winning at Georgia Tech on Wednesday would be huge...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Thank you Judge Keller for standing up for realistic

Feb 3, 2019, 5:04 PM

perspective on this board and being such a strong Clemson supporter!

I don't post much any more but I remember when I used to have to make a stand for a guy named Dabo Sweeney on this board.

BTW, I'm an old timer. I knew the real Judge Keller...growing up in Clemson was great!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

very true and that NCSU game really hurts

Feb 3, 2019, 3:25 PM

The top 8-10 teams are extremely good teams and if we can somehow manage a .500 league play, that is more than respectable given the ACC talent.

If Mitchell could find his range, this team would take another step up. We will struggle against quality teams if he continues at the same level he’s been at most of the year. Disappointing his senior year has been his worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: very true and that NCSU game really hurts

Feb 3, 2019, 4:12 PM

yeah I keep hoping that o ne wont come back to bite us. would love to have that win especially after how they looked yesterdayo

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Every win in basketball is huge for us now, and today's

Feb 3, 2019, 3:26 PM

I feel like they have great potential though, I mean I could see them building on these last 2 wins. Good defense today, ET is a beast. Overall, I’d say a very solid win even if it is a down WF. Also, that 3 by the walk-on Davis had the place going nuts, enthusiasm will keep interest and momentum. Go Tigers!

and I think maybe the worst was that injuries

Feb 3, 2019, 3:28 PM

skewered practices at a crucial time during the pre-season when injured bench players couldn't practice with/against starters and develop some "sychronicity" (or team chemistry) between players......which, IMO, contributed to
the return of shooting woes, long scoring droughts and some of the worst turnover numbers during Coach Brownell's tenure.as well as just stupid offensive fouls....if you're shooting poorly, ya need to shoot your way out of the malady, but high numbers of turnovers prevent that as well as the origination of anything resembling an offensive rhythm....that, again IMO, has been the most disappointing aspect of this Clemson team's play thus far.....The Tigers SHOULD be excelling in this area with the experience in the front court as well as in the paint

But honest to goodness it looks like Trapp and Newman are starting to show up offensively when coming off the bench. That will be a huge plus if they continue to develop as the Tigers head towards Tournament time

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 3:29 PM

POTD

Feb 3, 2019, 4:21 PM

I went to the game today and even with a crowd that was sleeping and texting on their cell phones most of the game, there was a high level of defensive intensity. The offense was moving the ball quickly around the perimeter then going inside to Thomas. This is a team with a little more confidence could make a run in the ACC tournament.

A double for Elijah Thomas today, great game and

Feb 3, 2019, 5:17 PM

great interview

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2019, 6:05 PM

I will be at the game on Wednesday against G Tech. We will struggle there against there 1-3-1 Zone.
Wake win will not help. We can't beat teams with better talent which has been the problem in BB tenure. I don't expect a win on Wednesday. Recruit Recruit Recruit which we don't do. Bench was no productive again today.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic