Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There were 3 main reasons for keeping CBB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

There were 3 main reasons for keeping CBB

Apr 25, 2019, 4:51 PM

1. He keeps us competitive despite only making the tournament twice
2. He graduates players
3. He runs a clean program

Well...now we're possibly down to just 2 reasons.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Even if his assistant went "rogue", what does that say

Apr 25, 2019, 4:53 PM

about him as a leader?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: There were 3 main reasons for keeping CBB

Apr 25, 2019, 4:57 PM

I'm going to hope that Smith was trying to make a name for himself and Brownell didn't know. If true, there would be no Clemson money going to Zion, but it's possible that Smith had a booster in his pocket who would pay the piper or he thought he could find one. If so, that's a problem for Smith, but not necessarily for Brownell or the university...... I hope. I also think that "hope" is not a good strategy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 25, 2019, 4:59 PM

Did the FBI just take care of Brownlee's by-out for us?????

Apr 25, 2019, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Re: There were 3 main reasons for keeping CBB ]

LOL if you think Brad didn’t know every step involved in the Zion deal deal , well I’ll just be nice and say nothing.

Smith said he had to lie to Brownell about not knowing

Apr 25, 2019, 5:37 PM

the exact time, down to the minute, it took to get to Zions house. That certainly implies Smith was visiting Zion a lot while purposely keeping Brad in the dark.

Was he also keeping Brad in the dark about potential payments to Zions family?

Recruiting the top player in the country

Apr 25, 2019, 6:29 PM

behind Brad's back? And also, no matter how you try to get from Clemson to Spartanburg there is no way to time it exactly, traffic any way you go is totally unpredictable

Re: Recruiting the top player in the country

Apr 25, 2019, 7:19 PM

Said he had made multiple (illegal) trips to Zion's house to establish a relationship with the stepfather-- you know, the guy who said that Clemson "blew a mile and a half lead" in the race for Zion.

Smith said that when he and BB made the official trip, he gave BB a couple wrong turns to cover the fact that he knew the way from memory.

The repeated references to 'resources' come across as Pipe Dreams. Maybe somebody offered once upon a time, maybe somebody requested, but Smith clearly does not have a network or funnel set up.

The program is clean with one idiot asst coach wishing it wasn't.

Where was Smith going to get the money to pay for Zion?

Apr 26, 2019, 3:34 AM

Do you think he was going to give a portion of his own salary? Or is it more likely the money was going to come from a source that all coaches knew about, including the head coach?

Smith was trying to get adidas money

Apr 26, 2019, 5:17 AM

he was trying to convince them that he could get Zion to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for that info. Regardless, I still have trouble

Apr 26, 2019, 7:43 AM

think Brad knew nothing about it, or that he didn't find out about it before the news broke. If he did know beforehand and did nothing, Brad should be held fully accountable, almost as much as the guy who committed the shenanigans.

Did you read the story? The reason Smith is in trouble right

Apr 26, 2019, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Where was Smith going to get the money to pay for Zion? ]

now is because he met with a corrupt agent (Christian Dawkins) and financial advisor (Marty Blazer) in a Vegas hotel room. He was there trying to secure money to give to Zion's family. There was also a 3rd man with Blazer and Dawkins and that man happened to be an undercover FBI agent posing as another one of these scumbags preying on college and high school athletes.

I can't definitively say Brad didn't know about any of this, but there's absolutely nothing in the story so far that suggests that he did. Smith even went to some lengths to hide from Brownell the fact that he had made many illegal visits to Zion and his family.

nice troll? you're really reaching conspiracyCoot

Apr 26, 2019, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Where was Smith going to get the money to pay for Zion? ]

That can be your next username.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No - Hope is not a good strategy - Columbia..... but that...

Apr 26, 2019, 7:22 AM [ in reply to Re: There were 3 main reasons for keeping CBB ]

.... does not stop me from always being - well ... Hopeful !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Seems to me that CBB was clean. He wasn't willing to get

Apr 25, 2019, 5:00 PM

into the Zion bidding war.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Just curious, why does it seem that way?***

Apr 25, 2019, 5:05 PM

Joined today huh? Obviously a banned troll.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:45 PM

You won’t last long.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm guessing it's this guy, took a bullet Wednesday

Apr 26, 2019, 12:36 AM

https://www.tigernet.com/user/ClemsonGville-142583

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think you’re right. I like that guy.

Apr 26, 2019, 5:37 AM

The join date and the fact that he was posting all over the place is suspect but I never TD’d him. I was looking at his last posts and can’t see anything he did that would be worthy of a ban. I did notice 09 and EETigerstripe crawled out from under their rock. There will be more trolls coming out of the woodwork over the next few days I’m sure.

Re: Just curious, why does it seem that way?***

Apr 26, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Just curious, why does it seem that way?*** ]

Because Lee Williamson, Zion's stepfather and Clemson alum, would have been the primary contact person to hold all the bids. (Though some dysfunctional families might have multiple "influence-peddlers" trying to make a buck off their kid's potential.)

After Zion's announcement for Duke, Williamson said that he refused to influence Zion to Clemson, but that Clemson coaches had blown a "mile and a half" lead for Zion's services.

I don't think that Zion himself had ever said Clemson was his favorite prior to choosing Duke, but clearly even the Dookies were surprised to get him.

The Duke sportswriter covering the story even went so far as to feel sympathy and express more respect for Brownell than many Clemson fans do.

the croot went to Duke.. ===?***

Apr 26, 2019, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Just curious, why does it seem that way?*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CBB may have been clean. His program wasn't

Apr 26, 2019, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Seems to me that CBB was clean. He wasn't willing to get ]

He runs the program. At some point the head coach has to be accountable for something, right? The losses are on the players, and the alleged cheating attempt(s) is on the assistant coach, but CBB is never to blame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

So he doesn’t do #1?

Apr 25, 2019, 5:02 PM

Hopefully he keeps graduating players and running a clean program.

LOL!***

Apr 25, 2019, 5:03 PM

Doh! That could leave a mark.

Apr 25, 2019, 5:02 PM

Alledgedly, of course.

well, i guess that’s better than 0 of 3 - some might say

Apr 25, 2019, 5:32 PM

hopefully we make the “prestigious” nit next year. if not, we may need to evaluate cbb the following year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

must have a winning record to be in the NIT***

Apr 25, 2019, 6:18 PM

Apr 26, 2019, 2:13 PM

We graduate players because none of them are good enough to go pro early except KJ and that was a mistake. I'm willing to bet 30% of his recruits got degrees from schools not named clemson

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic