Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Etienne TD vs. ND.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Etienne TD vs. ND.

Jul 20, 2019, 3:10 PM

Has he ever had an easier TD run? I remember watching the game live and thinking, "How was he that clear that quick? Thankfully, they showed it in replay from the endzone camera. It was some combination of a great play call, a great audible by TL, a great read by TL on the LB, or a LB for ND just blowing his assignment. (Or maybe even both LBs blowing the assignment.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2flTzDrCB40

Go to the 2:05:50 mark and watch. 3rd and 1. ND is clearly playing for some sort of outside, or at least off-tackle run. Both DTs are lined up outside the guards. Both LBs are lined up outside the DTs. When the ball is snapped both DTs go to the B gaps. Both LBs go outside the DTs. All Etienne has to do is run up the center's butt. Only one safety on the field. All he has to do is outrun the safety.

I can't tell if it was an audible or not. It looked to me like Lawrence was reading the LB on the right aside of the Clemson OL. When the LB went outside, he just handed the ball to Etienne and it was over.

What in the heck was the ND defense thinking? And, was it an audible, a read by TL, or just the perfect storm of a just happening to be the right call against that D?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Etienne TD vs. ND.

Jul 20, 2019, 3:26 PM

Two perfect blocks by Falcinelli and Cervenka made it an easy read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 3:39 PM

No doubt it was blacked well by all 5 OL. But, the fact that no defender defended the A gap made it easier.

My main thought was how quickly he was SOOOOOO in the clear. When he reached the LOS no defender was within three yards of him.

It was definitely a fun play to watch, over and over again. :)

It is fun to watch over and over...

Jul 20, 2019, 4:10 PM

but at least they held us to 30 points. Much better than giving up 59 in your home stadium while your fat, shirtless English Lit profs read pulp fiction paperbacks in the stands. Give the Irish some credit for that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is fun to watch over and over...

Jul 20, 2019, 4:56 PM

You are correct. We were horrible last year, much worse than ND. Clemson probably coulda put 80 on us if Dabo had wanted to. Hopefully, we will be better this year. But, probably not nearly good enough to hang with y'all.

And rightfully so...

Jul 20, 2019, 5:33 PM

Although Dabo wasn’t here for the 90’s and the multiple blowouts where y’all ran the score WAY up, I remember... and so do a lot of Clemson fans. Your noles have some payback coming. I hope Dabo takes FULL advantage of the current disparity in the programs, because y’all sure did. Every team in the ACC, really... but we’re the only ones strong enough to make you pay for it right now. Just be glad it’s Dabo and not Danny Ford.

Nothing personal against you; you seem like a good guy. But your program has it coming, if for no other reason than the way you empowered that scumbag Jameis Winston. Lots of bad karma just for that.

I hope FSU gets smacked real good for several years to come.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously. Don’t forget to give credit to

Jul 20, 2019, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Etienne TD vs. ND. ]

The big uglies. Cervenka crushes that DT

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 20, 2019, 5:38 PM

And that my friends is how "Touchdown Jesus" got demoted to "Field Goal Jesus."

Jul 20, 2019, 6:13 PM

Wow , 3 defenders were knocked to the ground and the others were stonewalled. Although, in the 'domers defense they got up and hustled, instead of standing around looking at ETN's tail lights.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd say Feaster's 70 yarder against Louisville was easier

Jul 20, 2019, 7:28 PM

if it wasn't for having to highstep the ND safety at the end, I'd give it to ETN

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25165929

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 21, 2019, 12:31 PM

D stunt was the end coming down hard, and the linebacker filling his spot on the outside. Williams (44) makes a great block to prevent the D end from getting too ETN. John Simpson also drove thru and ended up picking off the linebacker... great o-line discipline and continuing with the play and not just making contact... ETN is a bolt of lightning when he see's daylight, Feaster did not have that burst, he may have had more top end speed but ETN has the burst...

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic