Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Etienne 7th in Heisman voting? I didn’t watch it....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,585

Etienne 7th in Heisman voting? I didn’t watch it....

Dec 8, 2018, 9:34 PM

Is this correct?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/3/18124631/heisman-trophy-voting-results-2018

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: Etienne 7th in Heisman voting? I didn’t watch it....

Dec 8, 2018, 9:39 PM

Yes. That’s a good showing for ETN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see he finished above the other Doak Walker finalists

Dec 8, 2018, 10:45 PM

Taylor and Henderson

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look at it this way

Dec 8, 2018, 11:20 PM

He finished highest among all non-quarterbacks, and did it while splitting carries with 3 other good backs. To actually win the Heisman, you have to either be: 1) a QB, or 2) an Alabama RB. Gotta go back to 2005 to find a winner that doesn't fit those criteria. Extremely impressive showing by Travis.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look at it this way

Dec 9, 2018, 1:49 AM

The real question is do we send 2 to the ceremony next year?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look at it this way

Dec 9, 2018, 1:56 AM

Therein lies the rub. You look at the " Heisman " type of talent we have on the offensive side of the line . Etienne will be a frontrunner next year with another season like he's had in 2018 ,and then there is Trevor Lawrence . You'd need to be completely football illiterate to see that TL is just scraping the surface of his own potential . That kid and Travis will both take votes from one another if our offense performs the way it should for them both .
Then there is Higgins and Ross . Either of those two guys could be a factor with a phenomenal year and you'd best believe that it's not impossible for a WR to rise to the top with an amazing season put on display catching passes thrown by Trevor Lawrence .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Etienne 7th in Heisman voting? I didn’t watch it....

Dec 9, 2018, 7:30 AM

The only surprise here is that Jake Bentley received zero votes. I mean he is an SEC QB who led his team to a 7-5 record through an incredibly difficult gauntlet of SEC powerhouses. I thought at minimum he would be invited to NYC for the ceremony. The anti SEC bias is just getting out of hand.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,585
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic