Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Eric Dungey to the Giants
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Eric Dungey to the Giants

May 2, 2019, 10:34 PM

https://apple.news/AfjcS9gxyTdGMJlX3e7_bzA

* Over 11,300 total career yards
* 93 total TDs
* Set or tied 20 school records at Syracuse
* Led team to 1st 10-win season since 2001 & 1st winning season since 2013

Proud of this kid and ‘cuse football. I hope he gives Daniel Jones fits in minicamp.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dungey is aggravatingly tough and persistent. He may well

May 2, 2019, 10:36 PM

make that team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Eric Dungey to the Giants

May 2, 2019, 10:59 PM

I'm glad he's getting his chance, he earned it.

May 2, 2019, 11:09 PM

Agree. I am also glad we don't have to play him again.

May 2, 2019, 11:32 PM

He’s better than Daniel Jones in my opinion but I’m no NFL expert because I thought Hyatt and Lamar would get drafted for sure!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

May 2, 2019, 11:36 PM

Same! I was just comparing the two side-by-side and Dungey eclipses him in every statistical category.

Dungey had a better completion %, threw for 1000+ more yards, averaged more yards per throw, threw more touchdowns... the list goes on and on but of course, he did play an additional year. The biggest thing that sticks out to me is that Dungey threw 30 interceptions in 4 years... Jones threw 29 in 3. Jones is 2 inches taller but Dungey is heavier and runs the 40 just a bit faster. Competition is needed though! Happy he’s been given a chance. The kid plays every game like it’s the darn super bowl.

May 2, 2019, 11:54 PM

Jones certainly did not have much talent around him. Secondly, the connection between Jones and and the Mannings is not be to overlooked. This is from the QB camps they ran at Duke.

May 3, 2019, 12:20 AM

That Manning connection and David Cutcliff's coaching are the only reason this pick could make sense.

I'm a lifelong Giants fan, and I'm hoping this Jones pick works out. I wanted them to take Haskill from Ohio State.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 8:56 AM

I was speechless after we selected Jones but have done a fair amount of research on him since and now I'm starting to really like his potential. Prior to Jones the Dookies haven't had a football player drafted in the NFL since 2015, meaning there is no NFL talent around him. His Adj completion % (adjusted for drops) lead the entire NCAA (40 dropped passes by WRs in 2018 alone) and he is 6 foot 5 with wheels on him. Not to mention he was committed to Harvard before Duke offered so he is very intelligent. I think he will benefit greatly from sitting behind Eli and learning in the QB room. He is very accurate and has all the athletic ability to be successful in the NFL.

I am VERY happy we passed on Haskins. I think he will be a bust just like the 5-6 QBs from 31-0 before him. His dad is also a head case - he started an entertainment company (much like Lavar Ball's BBB brand) after the season and charged $50 for tickets to Dwayne's draft party.
He's a Jersey guy as well and after his youth football coaches benched him because he didn't know the plays, his dad would sit on the opponents sideline rooting against his son's team/coaches. They then moved to Maryland..

May 3, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Eric Dungey to the Giants ]

He is definitely a gritty hard nosed player, but you can't really just base it on stats when comparing these two. You have to remember that Dungey played at Syracuse under Babers. They played faster than any other team I have watched in a long time. With that being said I do wish him the best. I think he works very hard.

May 3, 2019, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Eric Dungey to the Giants ]

Doesn't have the arm that Jones possesses , and that's all that matters to NFL execs .
Look how far he can throw it ... draft him high . This formula is as staid as the recipe for sugar cookies .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 3, 2019, 8:00 AM

Lol. After taking community college players over Mitch Hyatt, I would love to see the Giants recipe book!

May 3, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Eric Dungey to the Giants ]

“I’m no nfl expert”
Obviously if you think dungey is better than Daniel Jones lmao

May 3, 2019, 7:30 AM

Good for him.

I thought he was a good kid, just a slightly less talented Hunter Renfrow.

IF he can get a bit more accuracy and learn not to tuck it an run first. He *might* have a sleeper-shot. Otherwise the kid can ball.

Dude is a great player***

May 3, 2019, 8:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

If Tajh Boyd can't make a team I don't see Dungey doing it***

May 3, 2019, 8:25 AM

Re: If Tajh Boyd can't make a team I don't see Dungey doing it***

May 3, 2019, 8:30 AM

Exactly, and Boyd had a better arm than Dungey. Stats and wind/loss records don't always translate to the NFL. At the time Boyd was here he won more games than any QB we'd had before, and won our first ACC Championship in 20 years while setting a ton of school records himself.

Re: Eric Dungey to the Giants CONCUSSIONS

May 3, 2019, 8:34 AM

The thing that kept him out of the NFL combine and left him undrafted are the concussions. That’s the ‘other’ thing teams care about as much as arm strength. He’s had at least 4 playing at SU. I love the kid but he should really not be playing and that’s why teams have ignored him. He’ll make the team as a backup I bet....but is waaay closer to being one hit away from being done for good than anyone else that came out this year. I hope he does well but more than that I hope he can remember his own name when he’s 40.

Message was edited by: OrangeCoast®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2019, 9:04 AM

This will cause just enough QB controversy it will keep Eli a starter until he dies. The G-Men have a Ray Tanner running that ship.

May 3, 2019, 9:44 AM

Our fans clearly didn’t watch this kid play anybody but Clemson. He showed up for Clemson and that’s it. Notre Dame wrecked him lol He’s terribly inaccurate with awful footwork to go along with it. He didn’t do jack the 2nd half vs us last year. X Thomas was busy planting him on the ground.
The fact that multiple people on this thread thinks he’s better than Daniel Jones just shows how stupid people are on this board. Go watch dungey vs Pitt and unc lol

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic