Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is so awesome. I absolutely love it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 490

This is so awesome. I absolutely love it.

Nov 7, 2018, 2:39 PM

The next questioner, NBC reporter Peter Alexander, defended Acosta as a fine reporter.

“Well, I’m not a big fan of yours, either, honestly,” Trump told Alexander. “Just sit down please,” he said to Acosta.

“When you report fake news, which CNN does a lot, you are the enemy of the people,” Trump said.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2018/11/07/trump-argues-cnn-reporter-acosta-press-conference/38432891/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right Winger blows up CNN...

Nov 7, 2018, 2:49 PM

Trump supporters: "Hey, it's not as bad as running people out of a restaurant!"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Right Winger blows up CNN...

Nov 7, 2018, 2:51 PM

your quotes mean that this was actually said, so I need to see the source of this quote and who said it. OR you are just being a windbag and overall douchhee

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is so awesome. I absolutely love it.

Nov 7, 2018, 2:52 PM

of course you do

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Acosta loves him some Acosta***

Nov 7, 2018, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have some examples of actual fake news that CNN

Nov 7, 2018, 3:31 PM

has reported? Or is it just factual stuff that Trump doesn't like?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enemy of the people...

Nov 7, 2018, 3:37 PM

Spoken like a true tyrant. I am just at a loss how anyone likes or admires the guy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If the history of tyrants is any indication

Nov 8, 2018, 9:10 AM

They coddle the press. And the press never attacks the tyrant. They eventually manipulate a friendly press to their own ends.

Just saying. When you see tyranny, you'll know which direction we went.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 4:21 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2018, 7:55 PM

Acosta is a friggin worm. No idea why they haven't revoked his WH press pass.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:00 PM

Trump loves fake news. He praised ALex Jones and loves Info Wars.

Nov 7, 2018, 8:16 PM

And his WH press pass is revoked. This is what happens when you have the operational mind of an earthworm, Jim. Next time you might want to think twice before you rip the mic from a young female intern.

https://media.8ch.net/file_store/2720c44e86082980f427c3b90b48cbcba080ea07f05ab34655dac5dddb7a6d84.mp4

Acosta ask him...

Nov 7, 2018, 8:20 PM

in so many words, 'Do you agree with me that you're a racist?' I laughed my butt off.

It was hilarious to see Trump raise all that hail with a bunch of looser trolls.

'I'll run the country and you run CNN. If you did a better job your rating would be higher.' - DJT

I can't believe Jim had the bawlz to push that girl's arm away. Imagine, the POTUS told you to do something and some putz wouldn't let you do it. I would have had his sorry butt thrown out of the conference. Then I'd made him apologize to the girl before I allowed him to return.

Trump's a poosay when it comes to this stuff. Obama, now Obama was the man. He threw Fox reporters out and even locked one Fox reporter in the slammer.

"In 2009, for example, the Obama White House intentionally excluded Fox News’ Chris Wallace from participating in a round of interviews pertaining to the president’s push for healthcare reform. Later that same year, the administration officials tried to block Fox reporters from interviewing “pay czar” Kenneth Feinberg. The White House initially lied about this, and many in the press went along with it. It wasn’t until 2011 that the public learned the truth of the Feinberg episode. An internal email dated Oct. 22, 2009, showed the White House director of broadcast media told Treasury officials specifically, “We’d prefer if you skip Fox please.”

The bigger point is that Feinberg was not the only administration official to have his network appearances limited by the White House.

The Obama White House communications director, Anita Dunn, said at the time, “We’re going to treat them the way we would treat an opponent. As they are undertaking a war against Barack Obama and the White House, we don’t need to pretend that this is the way that legitimate news organizations behave.”

That language about "legitimate news organizations" and "opponents" is only different from the things Trump says by degree, not by kind.

In 2010, the Obama administration renewed the bogus Bush-era subpoena against the New York Times' James Risen in a prolonged attempt to determine whether the reporter was the recipient of leaked CIA information. In February 2011, federal investigators were revealed to have spied on Risen. Federal investigators pored over Risen's credit reports and his personal bank records. The feds even tracked his phone logs and movements.

Later, in 2012, Fox was mysteriously excluded from a White House conference call pertaining to the terrorist attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya. Fox was also excluded from an all-network CIA briefing regarding the attacks.

In 2013, the Obama Justice Department labeled then-Fox News reporter James Rosen a “criminal co-conspirator” under the Espionage Act of 1917. And all because the reporter used a State Department contractor as a source for a story. Rosen was also labeled a "flight risk."

The Justice Department seized the records of at least five phone lines connected to Fox News. The federal law enforcement agency even seized the phone records of Rosen’s parents. The FBI also got a warrant to search Rosen's emails from 2010.

In May 2013, the Associated Press revealed that the Justice Department had secretly collected two months' worth of personal and work-related phone calls made by AP reporters and editors.

Federal officials secretly obtained records on incoming and outgoing calls made by specific AP journalists, as well as general news staff, the news group reported, potentially compromising many sources totally unrelated to the investigation. Federal investigators even collected data on calls made by AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery.

In 2014, the Obama administration set the record for denying the most Freedom of Information Act requests of any administration. It topped this feat in 2015.

There are only two actions that the Trump administration has taken that can be compared to the Obama-era war on the press. First, the Trump White House barred a CNN reporter in July from a Rose Garden event. Second, the Trump Justice Department seized electronic correspondences between New York Times reporter Ali Watkins and her ex-lover, former Senate Intelligence Committee aide James Wolfe.

Other than the fact that Obama has an extraordinarily ugly legacy of anti-press behavior, he made some great points Friday. He never actually called the news media the “enemy of the people.” He and his lieutenants simply prosecuted and spied on reporters, all while claiming Fox is "an opponent" and not “ really a news station.”

Obama is right to draw a contrast between himself and Trump. One of them has been an actual clear and grave threat to the press, and the other one has an orange tan.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/obama-whose-administration-prosecuted-and-spied-on-reporters-claims-trump-is-very-bad-for-criticizing-newsrooms

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Acosta ask him...

Nov 7, 2018, 8:27 PM

SC showed him the respect he deserves.

https://imgur.com/a/nnmajfW

Some older couple extended an apology for flipping...

Nov 8, 2018, 9:22 AM

Acosta off. I appreciated that they realized their emotions got the better of their polite nature and apologized. I respect folks who can admit they were wrong. I think that's wrong too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 490
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic